Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
6t5frlane

Motor Trend Truck 2009

10 posts in this topic

Not sure if anybody cares about Motor Trend but they picked the 2009 F-150 as truck of the year. I think the only other real contender was the Ram. But remember these are the guys that picked the Tundra last year

Not sure if anybody cares about Motor Trend but they picked the 2009 F-150 as truck of the year. I think the only other real contender was the Ram. But remember these are the guys that picked the Tundra last year

Interesting....I would have thought the Ram would have won, since it was genuinely new, while the F150 was just a refresh of the '04 model.

Interesting....I would have thought the Ram would have won, since it was genuinely new, while the F150 was just a refresh of the '04 model.

My thoughts exactly. The F-150 may have the highest towing capcity, but the Ram has a much better powertrain (2 actually), more refined, and features like the Rambox and coil spring suspension.

My thoughts exactly. The F-150 may have the highest towing capcity, but the Ram has a much better powertrain (2 actually), more refined, and features like the Rambox and coil spring suspension.

The new Ram looks like a pretty slick product...some nice features like the Rambox,etc. The F150 is so dull looking, IMHO...I haven't really liked Ford pickup designs since the '92-96 refresh.

Seems like a poor choice over a much more re-engineered Dodge Ram

F-150 though has always been best-in-class. The Ram may be more new, but maybe it still doesn't exceed the F-150.

Let me put it this way: I'm no more surprised than I would be if a freshened Suburban beat out an all-new Expedition EL.

Ah.

F-150 though has always been best-in-class. The Ram may be more new, but maybe it still doesn't exceed the F-150.

Let me put it this way: I'm no more surprised than I would be if a freshened Suburban beat out an all-new Expedition EL.

i haven't seen the F-150 yet, but in the flesh the Ram is a forward looking truck. real sweet. really good looking and incredible high quality feel to the front end. i only glanced at the body, did not get time to inspect it like i did with the very appealing front end. i think they have a hit as it instantly strikes a good chord. i believe it's the first Ram to do that since the first gen. of course did not get to see the interior. on good looks, this matches Sierra.

Although the Ram is an improvement over the previous model (they finally got rid of that horrid grille hanging from the hood, for example), it really is an amalgamation of Ford and GM. The truck looks great, to be sure, but as is typical of Chrysler, they cut corners. Take a close look at those 20" chrome rims: they are actually plastic covers. We managed to break the clasp on the swing up rear seat in the version we were inspecting.

I have to admit that if I was 25 again, this would be a contender, if only for the available speaker package. The sub under the rear seat is cool.

But that could be the Ram's ultimate failing: it is more poser than hauler, and it's the poser's that have left this market. People who really need to buy pickups will continue to buy GM and Ford.

As I pointed out to a customer recently who was trading in their' 04 Ram, if you want coil springs - buy the Avalanche. And they did.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0