HERITAGE COLLECTION BEING THINNED OUT!

There's a little of everything -- from the Legendary Buick Blackhawk -- to (are you sitting down?) a COUPLE of 1989 Corvette ZR1s -- the Jon Moss built Track-dominating Black 572 ZL1 -- A C5 Alpha and a C5 Beta -- The Tiger Shark -- the LT5 Camaro -- a 1904 Olds Touring -- several GTOS -- both old and new -- a couple of 1970 muscle cars -- a mid nineties "510" Impala SS -- and many, many pace cars and trucks.

This may be the time to break open the piggy bank.................

PLEASE NOTE:

>This is a preliminary list -- it is very likely subject to change -

>Barrett-Jackson will, in the coming week or two, put out pictures of each of these cars on their website.

>This is the Scottsdale, AZ auction -- January 13-19, 2009.

>Please feel free to share with your club members and friends

Cannot get list to copy somebody send me an e-mail address and I will forward it to you. Some great cars on this list!

A lot on the list are the John Moss vehicles that he built in the skunk works! The 1994 Impala SS Wagon...1 of 1. Stuff like that.

From my understanding, and from looking at the list, I see a lot of the lessor desirable cars and later model stuff coming up for sale. There are some really nice cars on the list as well. I would love the Blackhawk Concept car in my garage. I also know that a lot of the cars in the collection have been bought back by GM over the past few years/decades. There are a lot of great cars in the collection, and while it hurts, I think they are selling a lot of the stuff that is maybe a little less historic or covited. yes, there are a lot of Wonderful cars on the list...including some ultra rare C4 and C5 corvettes...stuff like the #1 Aztek built is not something that i see being as exciting at a car show as say the Corvette Mako Shark.

I will try to get the list uploaded tomorrow unless somebody else already has done so.

I don't understand why these companies (GM & Ford) sell off their prize vehicles...

I mean, WTF man? These things should be under lock and key. :nono:

They need the money... better than crushing them (which the bean counters probably reccomended). Maybe GM needs to hold bake sales or something at their dealers nationwide to raise capital..

I'll take plenty of pics if these cars are at BJ in Jan.

I will kill and or commit any heinous act for the RED DEVIL!

Def. one of the top three coolest V-16 Cadillacs of all time.

The cream of the crop, the Navy Seal of V-16s...

I don't understand why these companies (GM & Ford) sell off their prize vehicles...

I mean, WTF man? These things should be under lock and key. :nono:

I think it's just a sign of how desperate they are for cash... :(

EDIT - @ Camino: Is that B&W pic a Pontiac? Which model? Was it ever a regular production item or just a concept?

Edited by ZL-1

It's a 1980 Pontiac Grand Am pickup prototype. It was considered for production but never materialized.

Thanks.

I read somehting re the collection's sale on a Swedish newspaper today. They had a pic of a yellow 1970 Cutlass. It's small, but I made it my new office wallpaper.

Aye ... I still haven't had a chance to visit the GM Heritage Collection...dangumit!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 drive = Sept '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Will I be merry or will I be blue?" ... Deborah Allen ... 'Rockin' Little Christmas'

But you have some very nice GM Heritage in your garage!

Ahhh...thanks, Chris! The MCs form a "timeline" of sorts...and it's cool when they are all out together....

Still ... I want to see that Heritage collection in Michigan ;). he he

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"A lot of lives were changed down in that little one way street" ... Lacy J Dalton ... '16th Avenue'

• 2 weeks later...

As some of you know, I got the special privilege and chance to go to the GM Heritage Center last year, but I never uploaded my (many) pictures to the internet because I know it'll take forever and Photobucket is crap. If you guys can refer me to a much better/faster host that I can use, I'll upload them ASAP!

:mind-blowing: This is way hot, now if I only had some money, Here are the ones I would want.

Lot 397.1 a custom job on a 1995 Monte Carlo from the Sema show.

Lot 397.2 a custom 1923 Oldsmobile.

Lot 469 a custom 1999 Eldorado Cadillac.

Lot 902.2 a Custom Black 2004 SRX.

Lot 909.2 1968 Pontiac Catalina convertible. :P

Lot 1202 2007Chevy Suburban with Baby Duramax Diesel built for Sema Show. :P I would love this custom ride.

Lot 1206 2007 Custom H2 Hummer for Sema show.

Lot 1218.1 2008 Official indy Pace Car Corvette.

Lot 1230.1 2001 AWD Chevy SS Kingcab pickup

Lot 1230.2 1991 GMC Syclone, I always loved this truck would be awesome to get it.

Lot 1230.3 1993 GMC Typhoon

Lot 1355.1 2003 CTS V Racer :)

Lot 1530 2008 CTS Custom for Sema

Lot 1568.2 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge

They have all 168 pictures online for you to see, they are awesome.

Auto Auction web Site

Now How to get the money to buy my new toy's!!!!!!! :scratchchin:

:scratchchin::scratchchin::scratchchin::scratchchin:

29543550.GMCAntiqueTruckRally023.jpg

I was surprised to see that GM put this 1916 GMC truck up for sale (I mean, how many 1916 GMCs do they have???). And I was even more surprised to learn that this truck has a matching trailer that went with the sale (I've seen this truck 2 or 3 times in person at truck shows, but never the trailer and was never told about the trailer). Well, the truck & matching trailer sold for $140,000. It was today's highest seller (well, at least for the next 20-30 minutes that I watched). I hope that it ends up in a museum and that I see it and the trailer again.

Camino:

Looks like you can have your Pontiac ST (FauxCamino) after all! :smilewide::fryingpan::toiler: