What's your favorite exercise?

Since we've got a thread going on about how we should let the government control what we eat and tell everyone how much we hate overweight people, let's switch gears to a bit.

What's your favorite exercise?

My favorite is swimming. I love the water and have always enjoyed swimming, particularly underwater. Back when my girlfriend and I lived in Wichita, the apartment place had it's own pool and we would go their almost every day. Before that we had friend who had a fitness membership at a Windham hotel, and would go swimming fairly regularly. Sadly we don't go anymore. When we move I want a place the has a pool, either that or get another membership.

I love swimming..one of the nice things about living in Arizona with a swimming pool in the back yard, and one thing that makes the summer heat tolerable. I tried to get in every day between May and the end of September. In Colorado, my condo complex has a pool, but it's not heated so I couldn't use it in the winter...

I used to ride my mountain bike quite a bit, that is pretty good exercise, but I lost interest.

Edited by moltar

Gotta agree with satty and d-tones... But other than that mountain biking is my thing or taking the moto through the canyons... You'd be surprised how exerting it is... Same goes for jet skiing... Another favorite of mine.

Edited by Nick

I saw the title of this thread and all I could think of is that rancid grammar school joke:

Q: What is the nuns' favorite exercise?

A: Deep knee-bends in the cucumber patch.

Please pray for me, especially you PCS, being that you frequent Latin Mass.

My answer is the elliptical cross-trainer. About 30 minutes + another 10 on an inclined treadmill = 500 calories. That's a Big Mac, though I don't eat burgers any more.

I know HOW to swim. But I feel beat after 5 to 10 laps. On an elliptical, or biking outside, I can keep going much longer. Never understood that....

I've been a lifelong fan of walking. When I was 2, I wandered off into a summer cornfield for a long walk and panicked my grandmother. It was so relaxing, walking between rows of corn, letting the big green leaves softly brush my bare torso, pollen from the tassels falling into my light blond hair. It seemed so endless...

We had a .75 mile farm lane, my cousin and I used to walk to the house in Spring afternoons after getting off the school bus.

When I lived in Easton, MD, I used to walk a 2 mile route through my housing development. It was so refreshing and rejuvenating.

Before I joined the gym here in Lancaster, I had a route through a military cemetery next to my house, another 2 mile route, with hills. Many a hot summer night, late, I'd go out there with my sneakers on. Peaceful.

Lately my gym routine has evolved into a treadmill-only affair. I have dumbells here @ the house, and from what I've read, weight machines with their restricted movement aren't really good for the body. I have found that 20 minutes a day, at a 7.0 incline and 3.4 mph on the treadmill keeps me feeling good, mentally and physically. On days I don't go, I definitely feel a difference in my energy level and my attitude.:)

I've been a lifelong fan of walking. When I was 2, I wandered off into a summer cornfield for a long walk and panicked my grandmother. It was so relaxing, walking between rows of corn, letting the big green leaves softly brush my bare torso, pollen from the tassels falling into my light blond hair. It seemed so endless...

We had a .75 mile farm lane, my cousin and I used to walk to the house in Spring afternoons after getting off the school bus.

+1 one the walking...my folks' farm in eastern Ohio has a lane that's about 9/10s of a mile, lined with linden trees on both sides and a creek parallel to the lane..the house, guest house, barn, garages, etc are up in the bowl of a heavily wooded valley, with a couple of 6-10 acre farm ponds nearby.. Very quiet there. As a kid, I used to walk down the lane to get the mail, catch the school bus, etc. I loved walking it fall afternoons after school when the leaves were down the lane..

Here in Phoenix, besides swimming in the pool, I've been getting exercise by walking up and down the streets in my neighborhood... a 6'0", 225 lb guy walking a 3lb Yorkie on a leash... :)

Edited by moltar

Well I should say running at very long distances because it builds up endurance and stamina and well i love to run so running is my sport. Yes Sex can be a sport sometimes but who would classify it as one unless your ruff

Well I should say running at very long distances because it builds up endurance and stamina and well i love to run so running is my sport. Yes Sex can be a sport sometimes but who would classify it as one unless your ruff

You guys who are saying "sex"... question: how far are you chasing this person?

Who said anything about chasing? What about wrestling and pinning? ;)

If I can find the right area, a nice brisk walk in a quiet environment is heaven for me.

As for lifting, standard bench.

Hmmmm.....PCS can get a sex change then take me to Iceland. Everyone wins!

:insert joke about hairy European women here:

I don't have one particular favorite exercise, but I do prefer ones that allow me to enjoy the scenery and other people's company, like hiking. I'm not a fan of repetitive hamster exercises.

I work the pre-load shift at UPS, so technically I go work out

every day for several hours in the wee-hours of the night...

anyone making blanket statements about Union workers, as

I have in the past truth be told, should work at UPs for a few

weeks and they'll be singing a different tune.

We hustle like a bunch of rented mules, without the union the

Big Brown Bosses would squeeze blood from a rock.