Intrepidation

Spy Shots: 2010 Ford Taurus interior

13 posts in this topic

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/22/spy-sho...rior/3#comments

09_taurus_10_spy_dec.jpg

Late last week we clued you in to some spy shots of the 2010 Ford Taurus, and now that more mules are circulating frigid greater Detroit, we've got a whole set of even more revealing snaps. These KGP photos of a different prototype shed even more light on the Blue Oval's pivotal new sedan, including the first undisguised shot of the all-new interior.

Beyond the obvious jelly-bean camouflage, it should be noted that these up-close images reveal that Ford's anti-spyshot posse has done a commendable job of altering the shape of the light clusters with tape, particularly in the tail lamp area. We particularly like the nod to the new Nissan 370Z headlamp shape up front.

The big news, however, is inside where we see the Taurus taking a decidedly upscale tack thanks to premium-look materials and a twin cowl dashboard design. Notable highlights on this prototype include dual-zone HVAC controls, oversized chrome-ringed air vents (which should help cut down on fan noise), a Sony branded stereo system and a substantial looking gearshift selector. Be sure to click on the gallery below for the high-res experience of Ford's next Taurus.

It's nice. I like the new front end as well, I think it will look really good. The only danger is this car and the MKS may look a lot a like, I like the MKS look, but I don't like cars that look like badge jobs. This interior is better than the 2010 LaCrosse. The new Fords are looking pretty good.

Dear God that interior is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the current one. And thank God for that!

Wow, it looks really good. There are definitely signs of Ford Europe's Kinetic design language. I wonder if this is the car Australia will get to replace their Falcon.

Those door panels wouldn't look out of place in an Audi.

Edited by empowah

I don't see what's so great about this interior, other than that it's much nicer than the old one. It looks like it could have come from any number of cars.

The door panels are good, better than the Malibu or Equinox. I like the dual cowl design interior and that the top of the dash is one piece, the Malibu and 2010 LaCrosse have the bulge above the gauge cluster which adds another cut line. There seem to be tight fitting pieces and I like that the A/C vents are similar shape, I don't like when cars do 2 horizontal and 2 vertical or 2 square and 2 circular, etc. I am guessing since it is a Ford that it is faux wood trim, so that would have to be seen in person to determine if it looks good or is tacky.

The door panels are good, better than the Malibu or Equinox. I like the dual cowl design interior and that the top of the dash is one piece, the Malibu and 2010 LaCrosse have the bulge above the gauge cluster which adds another cut line. There seem to be tight fitting pieces and I like that the A/C vents are similar shape, I don't like when cars do 2 horizontal and 2 vertical or 2 square and 2 circular, etc. I am guessing since it is a Ford that it is faux wood trim, so that would have to be seen in person to determine if it looks good or is tacky.

The gauge cluster shield is pretty common on nearly every car, so it's not worth criticizing.

I like this interior a lot, it's very stately and upmarket looking. It appears to be tasteful and understated, nothing wrong with that. Everything looks substantial as well.

I don't see what's so great about this interior, other than that it's much nicer than the old one. It looks like it could have come from any number of cars.

You posed a question and answered it within one sentence.

Looks good..has some similarities to the MKS dash, the twin cowl pads are similar to the Mustang. The gauge cluster reminds me of the Lucerne (at least from the angle of this pic).

You posed a question and answered it within one sentence.

So you're saying everyone loves this interior because it's a lot nicer than the old crappy one? Going by that, about any interior Ford could put in this car would be awesome.

So you're saying everyone loves this interior because it's a lot nicer than the old crappy one? Going by that, about any interior Ford could put in this car would be awesome.

I think we're saying it looks to be a good looking, tasteful, high quality interior. In the end that's all that really matters.

Sometimes substantial improvement is a great victory in and of itself. Case in point: previous Malibu versus current Malibu. I'm not as fond of the current interior as many here, but I like where it was headed.

And no, the current Focus interior in the upcoming Taurus would have been kryptonite. :neenerneener:

Looking good! What freaks me about this latest round of Taurus spy pics is that the rear-end looks bad.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead