Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peugeot_206

More Updates on My 3D model.

7 posts in this topic

Since people here were actually interested in it, I should give you an update on it. From the original one in sketchup, I had to delete entirely. Starting over, I was able to work up this in a matter of two or three months. I completely missed the deadline for the "Hot Hatch Competition" for RACER (a game maintained entirely by users, www.racer.nl) but this being my first model I've decided to finish it out.

Maybe 70% done, here is My B-segment Honda Fit fighter, the Aviva Kier!

MKI (Before I started really moving along with it)

In game, no shader. (roughly a 60 days ago)

screenshot001-2.jpg

screenshot004-1.jpg

screenshot005-1.jpg

Later photos, in game w/shader (maybe a week ago)

byna.jpg

boda.jpg

bura.jpg

The interior.......

hgfdsa.jpg

Started on some Crude Textured in door cuts (In Blender, the Modeling program)

crudevertexanidote.jpg

crudevertexani.jpg

crudevertexa.jpg

Without Vertex Shading

crude.jpg

With Vertex Shading

crudevertex.jpg

Nowhere near done, I need:

- Details such as doorhandles

-Wheels (I made my own, but they are not of the highest calibre)

- Steering wheel, I'm using a wheel from a 1980's era Fiat Panda

- Physics in game.........right now it's a mess

- Textures, obviously.

Comments appreciated.

Definitely progress from the first renders. There's some weird distortion going on out back on the hatch. If possible, try raking the windshield more. Otherwise the overall progress is very good, keep it up and be sure to show us the finished version!

Also for the hell of it you should try smoothing the model and see how it looks with more polygons.

Edited by Dodgefan

Definitely progress from the first renders. There's some weird distortion going on out back on the hatch. If possible, try raking the windshield more. Otherwise the overall progress is very good, keep it up and be sure to show us the finished version!

Also for the hell of it you should try smoothing the model and see how it looks with more polygons.

I can't have too many polys, keep in mind this is a Game model. Too many polys will get undesirable results for RACER fans with slower computers. With the latest blender version (2.48) also with me patching up some holes and separated vertices, it looks pretty good with a few subdivisions. Maybe I'll subdivide once to bring the face count to around 20K, which would provide better reflections and still be acceptable for most computers. 50-75K is roughly the threshold for RACER. I can run This Renault Scenic made for RACER which is pushing 100K, but many other users can't.

Thanks for the comments!

Curious, how many polygons is your car concept that you posted a few weeks ago, I think it's called the Eliminator or something?

I can't have too many polys, keep in mind this is a Game model. Too many polys will get undesirable results for RACER fans with slower computers. With the latest blender version (2.48) also with me patching up some holes and separated vertices, it looks pretty good with a few subdivisions. Maybe I'll subdivide once to bring the face count to around 20K, which would provide better reflections and still be acceptable for most computers. 50-75K is roughly the threshold for RACER. I can run This Renault Scenic made for RACER which is pushing 100K, but many other users can't.

Thanks for the comments!

Curious, how many polygons is your car concept that you posted a few weeks ago, I think it's called the Eliminator or something?

Well I was thinking to smooth it for your own personal enjoyment, not the game. :wink:

That's looking really slick! I'm sure it'll look fantastic when it's finished.

Are you still modelling this in SketchUp or another program?

That's looking really slick! I'm sure it'll look fantastic when it's finished.

Are you still modelling this in SketchUp or another program?

No, this is Blender. Sketchup doesn't act right when it exports models. (horrid reflections)

Blender is Free.......

www.blender.org

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0