Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bimmer325

Lincoln Zephyr

11 posts in this topic

The Zephyr has really been growing on me lately.

At first, I hated the upright, seemingly truck-like design of the dash and was underwhelmed by the almost retro deco-theme used throughout. Moreover, the look (I know it sounds ridiculous) of materials used failed to impress me. However, the more I see it, the more I like it. The steering wheel is among the classiest and most attractive pieces I've seen, and the available color schemes are beautiful.

Unfortunately, Lincoln's been advertising the Sand Leather interior, which IMO, is the least attractive of the bunch. The following aren't as common, and look wonderful:

Medium Light Stone
Posted Image

Posted Image

Dark Charcoal
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Satin-Nickel trim looks great too:

Posted Image

Posted Image

As for the exterior, I think everything but the rear is extremely attractive and tasteful-looking. I LOVE the headlamps, carefully-detailed grille, chrome mirrors, and optional 17" wheel package. However, I still think it's still FAR too similar to it's sibling Fusion and Milan. Lincoln really could've had a standout if the Zephyr were more effectively differentiated. Anyone else think the Milan's taillamps (which actually look great in person) could've worked better on the Zephyr? The current tails are too chunky and way oversized IMO.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Honestly, I'm glad Mercury got the best of the triplets. They finally got their standout car!

I hope Ford doesn't do away with Merc like Crysler did with Plymouth and GM did with Olds. I believe those were huge errors in Judgement. The 3.5 twin cam from Olds was one of Wards 10 best and GM had 2 factories lined up to build it. Unfortunately...Buick said "We don't want it". One Company (GM)? Another 1/2 billion down the drain. I would have told Buick "Take it or I'll shove it down your throat". END QUOTE HEE HEE!!!!!!!!!

Mercury isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Lincoln NEEDS Mercury for sales at Lincoln-Mercury dealerships, Ford needs Mercury to help spread costs over more vehicles.

The dark wood looks a lot better than the plywood crap they showed in all the press pics, but I don't see success for this car.

Me either. There is just something VERY strange about seeing a big, high truck dash with those low seats. I really have concerns that people will be able to see out over it.

Ford took a risk with the interior so we'll see if it was worth it after a year or so. I personally love the interior (and the rest of the car). It's classy and different.

The Zephyr has really been growing on me lately. 

At first, I hated the upright, seemingly truck-like design of the dash and was underwhelmed by the almost retro deco-theme used throughout.  Moreover, the look (I know it sounds ridiculous) of materials used failed to impress me.  However, the more I see it, the more I like it.  The steering wheel is among the classiest and most attractive pieces I've seen, and the available color schemes are beautiful. 

Medium Light Stone
Posted Image.

[post="39733"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. I saw this interior in person and it totally changed my opinion. It looks absolutely gorgeous in this color combo. Much better than most luxury cars I've seen, IMO.

As for the exterior, I think everything but the rear is extremely attractive and tasteful-looking.  I LOVE the headlamps, carefully-detailed grille, chrome mirrors, and optional 17" wheel package.  However, I still think it's still FAR too similar to it's sibling Fusion and Milan.  Lincoln really could've had a standout if the Zephyr were more effectively differentiated.  Anyone else think the Milan's taillamps (which actually look great in person) could've worked better on the Zephyr?  The current tails are too chunky and way oversized IMO.

[post="39733"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah... I love the front but from the A-pillar back it is too similar to the others and not very attractive. It just doesn't match the front. I think they should have kept it 99% similar to the concept. If could have been gorgeous if they did...

i hate to say it guys but almost everything on and about this car reminds me of my sisters 96 camry mixed with the new camry yes even the exterior styling not bad i like both cars a lot

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0