Top 10 Ugliest Vehicles of 2008

Not a big Nissan fan, the GT-R isn't terrible, but the rest of the list....ughh.

Add to that the Dodge Caliber and subtract the cargo vans perhaps. Cargo vans only have so many styling options (although the 70's GM vans I liked). However, the Calber is just plain one of the worst Chrysler styling designs ever IMHO.

Chris

Regarding the cargo vans, GM and now Ford grafted the ugliest black plastic revisions on the fronts of these otherwise decent vans. Hideous makeover.

Many like the Nissan GT-R, and I like it as a supercar, but never warmed to the style of it. All in the eye of the beholder. What else explains all the ugly Nissan Versas running around. Obviously many think these are gorgeous cars.

Cheap wheels. Around here the Versa and the Cobalt are both in the local paper brand new under 10K.

Add to the list the MINI small SUV concept. I love the MINI, but as an SUV it is just plain wrong.

Chris

For a van, I think the Ford is almost handsome; however, their extended van with the welded on 20" piece at the back is a joke. Typical Ford cost cutting. I agree the GMC/Chev vans are hideous, inside and out, but beauty doesn't seem to matter in that category any more - witness the Dodge/Mercedes offenses which are even uglier.

I would put the not - Smart car at the top of my list. I simply cannot resist a smurk every time I see one of those offenses on 4 tiny wheels go by, especially when I see one stuck in the snow. I actually gave a not-Smart driver the finger a week or so ago when he was stranded in the snow. I mean give me a f'ing break - THIS IS THE TUNDRA and he buys that POS.

The Element will always be on my list, too. I want to slap the owner every time I see one: ugly and expensive - a true indication of the owner's IQ.

no Yaris? *scratches head*

Sorry, I missed that one, but my head was pounding too hard to even think about the Yaris.... now, you've made my head hurt - thanks, Purdue. [runs to washroom to throw up..]

I only had room for the classic '10'. There are many other ugly cars as well. Like the Honda Ridgeline. A disaster. And the top model of the Element has improved it's looks somewhat, so I gave it a break. But, hey...gives us your top 10, theres room.

I'd add the new Vue to the list.

Everything Toyota makes is hideous.

Jeep Patriot and Compass.

Sebring

Pretty much agree with everyone else's pics.

I would not list the Mini Clubman, nor do I think it is wrong for the brand - they existed as versions of the original Mini as well. Now an SUV version is another story.

I'd add the new Vue to the list.

Everything Toyota makes is hideous.

Jeep Patriot and Compass.

Sebring

Pretty much agree with everyone else's pics.

I would not list the Mini Clubman, nor do I think it is wrong for the brand - they existed as versions of the original Mini as well. Now an SUV version is another story.

The SUV and NOT the clubman was the one I was thinking about.

Toyota is bad...and even the Lexus SC 430 is just plain wrong on so many levels IMHO.

Chris

Sorry kiddos , but I've give my left nut for a GT-R!!! If I had the money I would've imported a Skyline years ago when it was legal to do so. It's a wicked car. HEHE

I'd like to know how that's possible :blink: otherwise I agree 100%.

Edited by Dodgefan