An Icy Stare

ocnblu

No ice where I live. :smilewide:

At a traffic light, perpendicular to me, was a white 1977 Grand Prix LJ with a white landau top and the honeycomb wheels. It was damn near perfect. Holy smokes, its front end, with the turn lamps in between each pair of rectangular lamps and fender "points," made for one helluva "Wide Track." Thank God they put it "on a diet" the following year.

Still, it was a beautiful car.

Edited by trinacriabob

Nothing interesting so far...

How about a red 2-seater Smart Car cabrio with the roof open and with 2 naked blonde Scandinavian girls with humongous breasts driving in circles around the Marques de Pombal?

How about a red 2-seater Smart Car cabrio with the roof open and with 2 naked blonde Scandinavian girls with humongous breasts driving in circles around the Marques de Pombal?

LOL

Sadly, not even that...

Spotted a SPOTLESS and perfect 1985/86 Dodge Daytona on the road this morning. Had not seen one this rust free since 1985/86. It was white and wearing a bra. Was the turbo as well. The damned shame of it is that the amound of salt on our roads today will probably enact a toll on this car quickly - it may be gone by LUNCH!

'88 Caprice base model, light brown with 20s. Car is brokeass except for the ghetto rims. The interior is all broken up from age, it's leaking transmission fluid all over our shop floor and we've had it in the shop for a month trying to find a standard, non-rub strip front bumper to repair some collision damage.

Was behind the most recent Continental earlier today, and realized how many cues the MKS took from it (from the rear fascia at least).

Also, on the same trip, saw a Toyota Venza at the dealership while driving by. Meh at its finest.

A Cooper Clubman in yellow with silver trim, didn't really care for that colour combination. Also for some reason there was a yellow Smrt Cabrio on our lot the other day. Perhaps a Navigator had a bathroom accident?

I really haven't seen much of anything lately. All the classics have been stored away for the winter, and I haven't seen anything new worth mentioning. I did see my first MKS in person about a month ago, but that's about it for new cars.

Actually, I take that back...I did see something of interest today, but I couldn't figure out what it was. It appeared to be an early 80s A-body sedan, but stripped of all badging except for "Police Interceptor" from a Crown Vic and painted in a dull black. The taillights looked like Pontiac (wide bars broken into small rectangles, like late 70s Bonnevilles), but it also looked like it could have been a Buick. Did they ever make a Regal or Grand Prix sedan? I know A/G-body Cutlass sedans were kind of a rarity (or at least are now).

It could have been a Century sedan- none of the A bodies were rare back then.

Did it have sculpted bulges to the front fenders?

Sort of like a Monte?

If so, that's what it was.

Not that I recall...I was in a drive-thru and only noticed it as I was leaving, but it stuck me as being a beater Grand National at first until I realized that it was a sedan and the taillights were different. The upright c-pillar and slab sides seemed very Buick-like, but the taillights reminded me of Pontiac Bonnevilles of that era.

I just typed 1980 Century and this does look similar in profile, but the taillights were completely different and I don't remember any wheel bulges. There was also no vinyl top.

1980buicksedan299.jpg

Sorry Mustang, I missed the "early 80's " part of your first post - I was thinking colonnade body (imagine that).

Sounds Like a Pontiac to me, the Bonneville had tails like that when they Downsized it to the A/G platform.

I just went on CarDomain and discovered that they had smaller Bonneville sedans from that era, and it looks like what I saw. I was thinking Bonnevilles of that time were only the larger, coupe-only variety. It's hard to find pictures of these cars...it doesn't appear like many survived.

I just went on CarDomain and discovered that they had smaller Bonneville sedans from that era, and it looks like what I saw. I was thinking Bonnevilles of that time were only the larger, coupe-only variety. It's hard to find pictures of these cars...it doesn't appear like many survived.

Unlike the Collonnade sedans, there weren't all that many BOP G-body sedans. And the downsized Bonne wasn't very succesful nor around very long, that's why they brought the Canadian Parisienne down here after that. They misjudged the market for a full-size Pontiac.

there weren't all that many BOP G-body sedans.

Right, and that Bonneville's name in the upright notchback G-body sedan was the Grand Le Mans a year or two before.

As far as spotting goes, lightning strikes twice:

On Saturday, on the same major boulevard, but at a different intersecting signal was a mint-condition 76 Grand Prix SJ or LJ in a darker silver color, a black landau, the 5 spoke rallye wheels and T-Tops. Between the 76 and the 77 I saw over a week ago, I think the 76 had better lines in its grille and taillamps.

I saw a dark blue or black w/ white top '71 or 72 Electra 2dr ht parked down the next street over from me Saturday evening..was twilight, wasn't sure of the color,saw it from behind, was parked at the curb w/ the lights on. Looked shiny from 75 ft away.

but what about the tires!?!?!?!

They have to be big, with a real nice tread otherwise its like banging an obnoxious loud mouthed chick....

EDIT: (respectfully of course)

Agressive tread on chrome spoked wheels (both looked brand new)

You would have needed to change your shorts.

Took the afternoon off to take care of some house repairs, on the way home saw a few interesting cars--

A very clean bright red '69 Mustang convertible w/ the top down

a white mid '70s GMC SWB custom van, in very '70s style, with fender flares, red striping, bubble side windows, chrome side pipes, chrome wheels....

A tattered, battered late (flush headlights) white Cimmaron.. can't recall the last time I saw one

Speaking G8s, I've only seen 4 since last May....2 in Denver--one bright red, one white, 2 in Phoenix--one bright red at the Caddy dealer on the dais, and one white that I've seen 3 times (in the same area, so I'm assuming it's one car and not 2 or 3).

For some reason, when someone says "flux capacitor", I have to imagine them saying it with Daffy Duck's voice.

A rare beauty: black on black Paseo convertible on a used car lot.

Edited by ocnblu

Slightly warmer, drier weather coaxed these ones out on the road near me:

-1979 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, triple silver, beautiful shape

-1976 Mercury Cougar XR7, white with burgundy top/interior, decent shape

-1966 Chevrolet Caprice four door hardtop, burgundy, decent shape