Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang84

New Milan pics

18 posts in this topic

Found these at Mercuryvehicles.com this morning. I think this is the first time I've seen pics of the taillights lit up.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I know a lot of people like the Milan, but it's still my least favorite of the CD3 trio. It's the most European of the three which is good for a little variety, but I'd rather take a Fusion or Zephyr over it. Usually I like Mercurys better than Fords, but I still think the Milan looks good and should be a decent seller for Mercury.

I'm not crazy about the taillamp treatment on any of the CD3s, but overall I like the Milan the best out of all of them.

I saw a blue one at a dealership last night, I love it. Why would anyone buy a Fuision when the Milan is a grand more? And forget about the Malibu.

Better then what GM currently has to offer in this class but it still isn't anything special. It's too similar to the Fusion and the Zepher for me to take it seriously. I think Ford's giving us all a message to prepare for the end of Mercury. I don't think anyone will really miss it.

Mercurys have been selling. Rebadged Fords, slightly changed, and they're selling and making money.

I'd still take an Altima or Mazda6 over any curent domestic mid-size.  The Aura can't come soon enough.

[post="39824"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

But the Milan IS a Mazda6, slightly wider (common complaint with Mazda6), and different styling. Otherwise they all offer very, very similar driving dynamics.

Better then what GM currently has to offer in this class but it still isn't anything special.  It's too similar to the Fusion and the Zepher for me to take it seriously.  I think Ford's giving us all a message to prepare for the end of Mercury.  I don't think anyone will really miss it.

[post="39825"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Mercury's not going anywhere. The fact that it was the only one out of the three domestic Ford brands to post positive October CYTD sales really says something about the brand's turnaround. Lincoln-Mercury can't survive on Lincoln alone and Ford is advertising the heck out of Mercury these days.

Check out that front overhang.

[post="39787"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

???

Cadillac fan, why should we prepare for the end of Mercury now when Ford has been doing this for years... take a look at last-gen Comets... Maverick clones. Pinto/Bobcat... clones. Fairmont/Mercury Zephyr... Granada/Monarch... all clones. This is far from a new development.

I am honestly completely shocked to see Mercury surviving and thriving to an extent today. Of the three brands on life support late last decade, Olds seemed the strongest with a solid, quality lineup when all Mercury had was a crappy Sable, a crappy Grand Marquis, a crappy Villager, an okay Mountaineer, and a Cougar that didn't belong. Plymouth was obviously a loser for the past 30 years.

I am honestly completely shocked to see Mercury surviving and thriving to an extent today. Of the three brands on life support late last decade, Olds seemed the strongest with a solid, quality lineup when all Mercury had was a crappy Sable, a crappy Grand Marquis, a crappy Villager, an okay Mountaineer, and a Cougar that didn't belong. Plymouth was obviously a loser for the past 30 years.

[post="42737"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Agreed. Plymouth and Mercury had/have less relevance than ANY of GM's brands.

GM's brands all have a purpose. Pontiac is for those who want sporty, if not in performance then in looks. Saturn is still "a different kind of company" even if it is coming into the fold more and more. Olds was under-the-radar style and sophistication. To own an Olds was to enjoy style and driving comfort without saying "look at my expensive car!!"

Plymouth and Mercury say.... what exactly?

...GM's brands all have a purpose...

Yup... A purpose... ONE purpose... I've said this before elsewhere, I'll say it here:

I think this has actually been GM's problem for some time. Every car line needs good price (Chevy), performance (Pontiac), and amenities (Buick) - add being a viable alternative to the imports (Saturn). Their images are totally one dimensional while their products have had to offer as much of all these qualities as they could. But this meant they didn't live up to the images. These images just don't work!

Mercury on the other hand is finding itself - not between Ford & Lincoln, but as a unique, if late blooming, member of the family. Sales YTD are up 3.9% (even after 'Black October'). This is (obviously) without any appreciable sales for the
Posted ImagePosted Image
or the Posted Image Posted Image.
And just see what'll happen with the
Posted Image production version,
and the 3.5v6,
and the updated GM,
and more hybrids and Awd availability,
and the other new things that haven't been confirmed yet.
Yup, I think things are looking up.

Some people say that Mercury or Lincoln as a trim level is a bad thing and that one should be eliminated.
The Ford brand is also a trim level yet no one seems to think of it that way.
I *like* 3 levels
but then maybe the Goldilocks story impressed me as a child more than them. Yup, I see Mercury as the brand that will be 'j_u_s_t_ right' - not too economy oriented or even too performance oriented, and not toooo luxurious. If someone else doesn't - s'ok. We just think differently.

Ford says they're marketing Mercury to professional women but to me they're achieving a sorta hip, sorta urban image - not an "excitement division" but tasteful and sophisticated in a not-too quiet sorta way. It seems Ford IS thinking differently with Mercury already...
and that's JUST RIGHT. :)

(( sorry if this sounds like an advertisement, :P not-too sorry tho ))

...GM's brands all have a purpose...

Yup... A purpose... ONE purpose... I've said this before elsewhere, I'll say it here:

I think this has actually been GM's problem for some time. Every car line needs good price (Chevy), performance (Pontiac), and amenities (Buick) - add being a viable alternative to the imports (Saturn). Their images are totally one dimensional while their products have had to offer as much of all these qualities as they could. But this meant they didn't live up to the images. These images just don't work!

Mercury on the other hand is finding itself - not between Ford & Lincoln, but as a unique, if late blooming, member of the family. Sales YTD are up 3.9% (even after 'Black October'). This is (obviously) without any appreciable sales for the
Posted ImagePosted Image
or the Posted Image Posted Image.

And just see what'll happen
with the Posted Image production version,
and the 3.5v6,
and the updated GM,
and more hybrids and Awd availability,
and the other new things that haven't been confirmed yet.
Yup, I think things are looking up.

Some people say that Mercury or Lincoln as a trim level is a bad thing and that one should be eliminated.
The Ford brand is also a trim level yet no one seems to think of it that way.
I *like* 3 levels
but then maybe the Goldilocks story impressed me as a child more than them. Yup, I see Mercury as the brand that will be 'j_u_s_t_ right' - not too economy oriented or even too performance oriented, and not toooo luxurious. If someone else doesn't - s'ok. We just think differently.

Ford says they're marketing Mercury to professional women but to me they're achieving a sorta hip, sorta urban image - not an "excitement division" but tasteful and sophisticated in a not-too quiet sorta way. It seems Ford IS thinking differently with Mercury already...
and that's JUST RIGHT. :)

(( sorry if this sounds like an advertisement, :P not-too sorry tho ))

Check out that front overhang.

No worse than any other FWD car..less than many, actually..

mercury essentially has shifted their entinre marketing effort towards women.

and judging by the way hot chick in their newest commercials, they have built the entire campaign around this babe, who appeals to both men and women. No one cares about the cars themselves. the women are saying 'i can trust her opinion' and the guys are syaing 'if i buy that car i will get to schwing with her'.

bravo. great strategy. Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0