ATTENTION Children of the 70's

Remember Wacky Packages?

And beer can collecting?

Well, my brother and I had a huge collection of both. For the most part, the collections still exist (my dad pitched a fit at one point and tossed some of the cans). Now, it looks like there is some value to them so I may be putting them all on ebay. It will be a ton of work, but should be interesting.

Sorry, I don't remember those. What I think is, and will always be cool, is Donna Summer and the 1973-1977 GM mid-sized coupes with opera windows. What I don't think is cool is "Greg Brady hair."

1975-1977..

I remember my sister being into the Bee Gees, Peter Frampton, Led Zeppelin, the Who and platform shoes in a big way...and driving a Pinto... when she was in high school and I was in kindergarden-second grade, we had bedrooms side-by-side... I played with Matchbox, Hot Wheels, read Batman comics and watched Looney Toones and Rockford Files w/ our Dad. I remember my older brother living in the basement, smoking pot listening to the Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, etc, with huge sideburns, long hair, a handlebar mustache, wearing bell bottom jeans, vests, leather jackets w/ fringes, driving a '65 GTO and a V8 '74 Vega. (I got introduced to cars and classic rock at a very early age!). My Mom driving me to school in her huge Lincoln Continental. My Dad driving around in the Continental, the '69 Mustang and '68 Cougar, wearing plaid suits with wide ties, big side burns, dying his hair, smoking a pipe, drinking PBR. The Steelers. Going to Pirates games at Three Rivers Stadium. Watching barges go by on the Ohio River. Playing in the fall leaves. Weekends out at the family farm, riding around on the John Deere tractor w/ my Dad. Blah blah blah blah...lots of fun childhood memories of the mid to late '70s..

Edited by moltar

I still have some of my Wacky Packages

Old Spit Cologne

Yicks Meditating Cough Drops

Bitter Homes and Gardens

Hostile Twinkies

Kentucky Fried Fingers

Gatoraid Thirst Quencher - Made from Freshly Squeezed Alligators

Virginia Slums Thin Cigarettes

and many others

Do you remember the wacky car stickers (I think they were done by TOPPS also). I have a bunch of those (along with my Wacky Packages). I still remember "FRANKEN-STUDE" and I know there was a "GOLDEN HAWK". My problem was that I was about 5 at the time and stuck all the stickers into an album. I still have the album, but the stickers aren't worth anything now that they are used.

So... would a guy with Greg Brady hair driving a '75 opera-window GM intermediate coupe be akin to anti-matter contacting matter ??

* falling off chair* :lol:

Hey, I'd like to think that I matter. My first car was an opera-windowed GM intermediate hand-me down coupe AND I had Greg Brady hair until about 10 years ago, just because after 5 or 6 weeks, I had Greg Brady hair and there was nothing I could do about it ...AND I hadn't discovered Great Clips coupons.

Oh Bobbi, what are we going to do with you? You refused to get a haircut until you found a COUPON?

Again, thanks for "i" ending to my name. Grow up a little. Also, save a little....just think where you'd be if you didn't trade in cars like people change underwear.

>>"Here's all the "Weird Wheels" stickers. "<<

Those are different than the ones I have. ...{digs them out of top of closet cigar box}... I have 23 'monster car cards'... can't find them via google- but they are similar to 'Odd Rods', tho mine all have a swash of pink in the background.

I was born in April of 1979.... so I missed mot of the Swingin' '70s.