Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

How old is YOUR car in people years?

http://tags.jalopnik.com/5121491/how-old-i...in-people-years

Take the mileage on the car's odometer and divide by the model year. The result is your car's age if it were a person.

So for our cars:

Prizm---- 188000 miles and it is a 1994 so my car is 94 years old.

Intrepid--- 196000 miles and it is a 2000 so it is 98 years old.

Shadow--- 217000 miles and it is a 1989 so it is 109 years old!

Marquis--- 189000 miles on it and it is a 1993 so it is 95 years old.

How old is YOUR car (in people years)?

I think this math can need some change. Basically it is Mileage/~2000.

For a 50K mile MY1970 car is 25.38 years old while a 50K MY2000 car is 25.0 years old and a 50K MY1900 car is 26.13 years old. They are not definitely the same age.

Intrigue: 121,400/1998 = 60.76 years old

DN90, I've been meaning to ask you for some time after seeing it in your sig, how are you liking your Intrigue? The 1998 is my favorite year and that year was 3800 Series II all model year long.

My Bonneville is 13 years old...

My Torrent is 5 years old...

My Impala is 39 years old...

Gosh all you guys have old geezer cars. :AH-HA_wink:

I do like old cars tho...

Of the above, I think I actually like the Impala the best, although the Bonnie is sweet to.

I wish you many more good years in the Impala. The Impala design is really kinda growing on me....

Now go give that Chevy some Mobil 1 and a wax job so she know you love her.

Chris

Of the above, I think I actually like the Impala the best, although the Bonnie is sweet to.

I wish you many more good years in the Impala. The Impala design is really kinda growing on me....

Now go give that Chevy some Mobil 1 and a wax job so she know you love her.

Chris

Trust me it has been waxed. My cars get whatever my GM dealer puts in them for oil. The Impala has 80K on her now, my son drives it and we do to save miles on my Pontiac's. It has and a small crease up under the front bumper. It has been loved, out west on family vacations 6 times and once out east. My goal is to keep the Bonneville and Torrent in better shape than it. As for the Torrent why do you show no love? Not an SUV person? :scratchchin: The Bonneville drives the best out of all of them. The Torrent follows closely, the Impala is the most bland to drive though.

DN90, I've been meaning to ask you for some time after seeing it in your sig, how are you liking your Intrigue? The 1998 is my favorite year and that year was 3800 Series II all model year long.

I really love my Intrigue. I worry that I'm being spoiled with it, since it has everything, even the smoker's package (no smoke odor/evidence, though). My parents constantly tell me stories about their spartanly-equipped first cars (a '65 Nova and '71 Beetle).

It turned 10 in August of 2008, but it really doesn't look that old; people still comment on how nice it still looks and well it still runs. Aside from the keyless entry not working most of the time and the climate control going a little wonky, everything else is solid. Power is still great, the transmission shifts reasonably well for having 1214xx miles, and the interior is much better put together than our 5 year old Venture or 6 year old Sonoma.

Delta 88, 125,000/1979=63.16 years old

Riviera, 108,000/1995=54.14.

If they're still so young why do they run like $h! :banghead:

Maybe it's from living in The Bronx? :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by trinacriabob

Woohoo. I love to hear the longevity stories.

The best way to describe the "Big 8" is a quote from the 1988 Oldsmobile full size models sales brochure:

"Demanding a level of quality and dependability so exacting, the Oldsmobile owner is assured lasting value, tangible value -over the miles-and the years."

Hmmm....let's give this a try:

1972 Monte Carlo = 74

1976 Monte Carlo = 30

1979 Monte Carlo = 72

1981 Monte Carlo = 97

1987 Monte Carlo = 85

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 drive = Sept '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Every song, another scene" ... Dierks Bently ... 'Every Mile A Memory'

Itf it makes you feel better The Torrent has the better looking front end of the two CUVs, but it's still a rebadge, and not enough was done to make it feel like it belonged in the Pontiac stable. Still, better than the G3 though. :P

Yeah it was and that is why I choose it over the Equinox. Not that I really ever looked at one because you know me I am a Pontiac man.

What a cockamamie formula. :P

1959 Buick LeSabre: (~58,000 miles/1959) 29 y.o.

1984 Mercedes 500SEC: (202,100 / 1984) 102

1992 Buick Roadmaster: (125,500 / 1992) 63

1995 Chevrolet Suburban: (185,200 / 1995) 93