Offical Photographs of the 2010 Cadillac SRX...

gm4life

Well the cat is out of the bag. It looks like the new SRX will look alot like the concept vehicle seen last year. Also the photos gave away the new powerplant a 3.0L Direct Injection High Feature VVT DOHC V6 paired to a six speed automatic. Sounds good to me, and looks like the RX has a new rival. Anyways here are some of the photographs right from the General, enjoy!

X10CA_SR004.jpg

X10CA_SR005.jpg

X10CA_SR006.jpg

X10CA_SR007.jpg

X10AR_CA001.jpg

X10PT_6C003.jpg

Edited by gm4life

I'm really struggling warming to this vehicle. I want to be excited, but it's just not happening.

I wish Cadillac wasn't even making vehicles like this. I'm not a fan of tall station wagons.

They are everywhere, like the minivan.

Suddenly, the whole 'arts & science' thing is getting old.

And it has such a Saturn Vue look about it.

Edited by HarleyEarl

Well personally I think it looks great in all photographs. We all can have are own view and that is just fine by me. The interior looks to be great and I bet this thing will fly off dealers lots and Lexus with the ugly and f*cked up new 2010 RX would have wished they had a better looking vehicle to sell. Honestly.

I am just not impressed. I hate the downward sloping roofline, the front looks like a Caddy grille on a Buick Enclave, it fairly scream Saturn Vue in silhouette. I do like the interior, and the rear 3/4 from the beltline down. Overall I think they tried too hard, and it didn't work.

Well, the interiors of the above 2 are NO CONTEST.

Exterior of the rx brings nothing exclusive to the table- it is no nicer than it's toyota twin there.

Wheels looks small and the whole shell is just an amorphous blob.

SRX is far more dynamic, athletic & trim.

Designwise- the SRX is well beyond the RX, IMO.

The SRX has gone from an elegant, sporty luxury SUV to an awkward VUE with a Caddy grille. The RX has a weird interior, but externally it looks much better, at least in pics.

Really because looking at these photographs it shows how truly ugly the new RX is, and makes the two previous generations that I half liked, look even nicer. I like the new SRX better than the old one.

I liked the old RX. Especially the interior. The exterior was a nice evolution of the first gen. This looks like they just took the last gen, and Toyotafied it buy adding the latest Japanese fad of bulging, rounded surfaces and headlights. The interior looks like it was based on a child's scribble of an interior.

The SRX is warming on me. The styling inside and out is more dynamic than the car it replaces, and the proportions look far better in the live photos. As long as it drives well the AWD version might be desirable to me. Still wish it was based on Sigma though.

Edited by Dodgefan

The huge, awkwardly mounted mirrors are the only real blemish on the RX. The rest of it is an evolution of the previous RX, which was unoffensive enough to be a huge seller. The SRX just looks like what GM would have given Cadillac if they had been building CUVs in the 80's.

The huge, awkwardly mounted mirrors are the only real blemish on the RX. The rest of it is an evolution of the previous RX, which was unoffensive enough to be a huge seller. The SRX just looks like what GM would have given Cadillac if they had been building CUVs in the 80's.

Want some more of that kool-aid?

:rolleyes:

I guess the RX looks like what Toyota would've given Lexus had they been 'duplicating' CUVs in the 80s as well then. :rolleyes:

I know that it doesn't matter (because people will buy what they're told, so long as it has the right badge on the hood) but the new RX is hideous. The asians are still too stupid to understand basic design principles.

So you really think the new RX is better looking? Than I would suggest a trip to the local eye doctor and some new eye-wear for 2009. Really like FOG said get off of the damn kool-aid the new RX is so ugly it isn't even funny, inside and out. Evolution was the 2000-2003 models and then 2004-2009 models that is an evolution the new RX is an ugly piece of $h!. Yet it will sell because Lexus is always better than anyother luxury brands. The people who take an actual look at the new SRX might actually find it appealing, so get your head out of your butt, this is the new GM it is not a 1979 anymore. I for one like the new SRX and any honest person would like the styling on the SRX way more than the new RX... Sorry like FOG said stop drinking that damn Toyota kool-aid.

Want some more of that kool-aid?

:rolleyes:

I guess the RX looks like what Toyota would've given Lexus had they been 'duplicating' CUVs in the 80s as well then. :rolleyes:

I know that it doesn't matter (because people will buy what they're told, so long as it has the right badge on the hood) but the new RX is hideous. The asians are still too stupid to understand basic design principles.

Thank God someone around hear says honest things that actual are true. Amen brother.

gm4life, take a look at your signature and then ask yourself how much weight your argument holds.

A man can appreciate cars from all eras and still have good design sense and STILL, by nature of good design sense, not like the RX.

From the rear, the RX looks like they jacked a Subaru Impreza. The interior would be at home in the Camry.... hell, the Camry's interior has more design cohesion.

The RX looks like an RX. If you put a picture of the new RX on the table with pictures of other SUVS, including previous RXs, the average non-car person (i.E. the average $40k+ SUV buyer) could tell that its an RX, maybe related to the Highlander. Put pics of the SRX on the table with SUVs (including the current SRX and other Thetas) and the average non-car person (i.e. the average $40k+ car buyer) could see that the new SRX and VUE/Equinox are more closely related than the new SRX and the current SRX. The SRX should be distinguishable as a Cadillac, it isn't.

The RX looks like an RX. If you put a picture of the new RX on the table with pictures of other SUVS, including previous RXs, the average non-car person (i.E. the average $40k+ SUV buyer) could tell that its an RX, maybe related to the Highlander. Put pics of the SRX on the table with SUVs (including the current SRX and other Thetas) and the average non-car person (i.e. the average $40k+ car buyer) could see that the new SRX and VUE/Equinox are more closely related than the new SRX and the current SRX. The SRX should be distinguishable as a Cadillac, it isn't.

No the SRX looks like a Cadillac. With the new snot and sweet tail-lamps. Most non car people won't relate an SRX with anything but a Cadillac not a Equinox. The RX is really strays from the old styling and the evolution so does the Cadillac but in a good way, pair it next to an Escalade and CTS and the new SRX is clearly a Cadillac. As for the Lexus RX, uhhhhh geeee not so much.

The thing has the closest modern equivalent to fins you're gonna get and you think people are going to mix it up with a Saturn?

In profile, even with the "fins" it looks cheap and tiny, way too close to the Vue and Equinox. GM failed by making the SRX. Its too small and too cute-utey to keep the SRX name and price point.

So, if it were BRX and the SRX was just canceled in favor of the CTS wagon, you'd be cool?

Is this really down to a name thing?

The new Caddy SRX looks a lot better than the new RX. The Caddy looks more original and has a much more tasteful interior. I'm curious as to how that new turbo engine will perform (and feel) as well.

That said though, I still have this feeling I'm going to see more of these new Lexus's on the road than I will the new Caddy. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have this feeling that I will (especially here in Toyota friendly Houston).

I don't know. It'll be interesting to see if Caddy can truly capture some of this fwd luxury crossover market from Lexus and Acura. This appears to be a good start.

Another compelling reason to hope that GM can stay alive and remain "viable" (a nice term we've heard a lot of lately) so that the Govt. doesn't recall that loan come March.

So, if it were BRX and the SRX was just canceled in favor of the CTS wagon, you'd be cool?

Is this really down to a name thing?

As I have posted either here, or in one of the other two threads on the new SRX (mods, can we get a consolidation, please?), this is like GM creating a premium Delta compact for Cadillac with leather and nav, and then calling it DTS because they're both FWD. Clearly the Delta DTS would be considered a "downgrade" over the G-body, and rightfully so. If GM wanted to replace a large RWD crossover that seats 7 with a compact/midsize FWD crossover that seats 5, they should have given it a new name.

Ok...so are we going to have this same retarded discussion for the Regal? The Lambda Escalade?

Forget the name for a bit just discuss the merits of the vehicle in relation to it's targeted audience and targeted competition.

Get your panties out of a bunch. I have no idea whether or not you will choose to engage in a discussion with me that you deem "retarded" (??? arguing with me about my opinion ???), especially over a vehicle that isn't even being spy photo'd.

If you have followed my posts, I said I might like the vehicle more if it had a different name. You see, I'm already a fan of the SRX. And the new SRX does not suit me anywhere near as much as the current model does. By keeping the same model name, it creates expectations. Expectations for improvement. When the overall vehicle appears to be one downgrade after another, it is disappointing.

And what is the targeted competition? This thing doesn't fit into a segment very well, like many GM vehicles. Will it compete with an RX? An Enclave? An EX? On what? Content? Price? MPG? Who the hell knows.

I hope for GM's sake that it sells, but it won't generate a sale to me.

I could understand if the SRX was some legendary car with a large following..... but it's not on Sigma again because no one bought it. If you're all such enthusiasts of the first SRX, why didn't you buy am original one?

We're not talking about switching the Camaro to FWD or anything..... it was an also-ran, one generation, SUV that handled well.

I wouldn't buy this SRX.... but I wouldn't have bought the previous one either. However, I CAN see that this will be a better seller, economic conditions aside, than the current SRX. It will bring more people, more women, to the Cadillac brand. That is what is important.

the new SRX will appeal to chicks. which is why most of you don't 'get it'

as for evok, well, who knows what he's thinking!!!

(for what it is, I like it too. but, personally, I'd prefer the current model)

It is called a very nice "compromise"! Hence I got one.

Plus I was told today the vehicle is a knock out in person and to drive also.

Edited by evok

The RX doesn't look like a $40,000 SUV.

I disagree. There's an element of cheapness in the new SRX's exterior that brings the chintzy BLS to mind. The RX looks more upscale and substantial, IMO. It doesn't reek of the impression that it's based on something cheaper.

10.lexus.rx350.prf.500.jpg

10.lexus.rx350.tow.500.jpg

10.lexus.rx.group.500.jpg

10.lexus.rx350.prf.2.500.jpg