Eminems New Song Is An INSTANT Classic...

Guest Josh

The name is "When I'm Gone" and is for certain an INSTANT classic. Excellent music here, He better not be getting soft on us and actually considering retiring.

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0PN571O...KN1F9QU8JW4NA9Y

[post="40014"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's good but I am not sure about classic. Time will tell, all Eminem's music grows on me after time.

I think it would be quite noble of him to retire if the sentiments expressed in this song were the result of him projecting his own life onto the lyrics. I actually thought the song was good, which is more than I can say about most of his work. -E.S. Mail

One of his two new songs from his new Greatist Hits CD. When he was recording song #2 with Dr. Dre in Detroit I was at the ummm "club" watching my friend umm "dance" and Dre was there. I met him, shook his hand, then left before the smell succumbed me.

Eminem sucks...all rap sucks...especially nowadays...oldschool rap I am starting to like more and more, and it's good to see Run back because he seems to be bringing the oldschool rap style with him...and I've been listening to beastie boys lately, but they are more of a rock/rap...the point is, I'm not into rap, and if I have to listen to it, it better be oldschool because I'm not into this new shizzle...but that's just my opinion...who the f*ck am I you say? Nick Damiani, ya god damn right! :AH-HA_wink: Edited by Nick

Eminem sucks...all rap sucks...especially nowadays...oldschool rap I am starting to like more and more, and it's good to see Run back because he seems to be bringing the oldschool rap style with him...and I've been listening to beastie boys lately, but they are more of a rock/rap...the point is, I'm not into rap, and if I have to listen to it, it better be oldschool because I'm not into this new shizzle...but that's just my opinion...who the f*ck am I you say? Nick Damiani, ya god damn right! :AH-HA_wink:

[post="40115"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You are sooo right! and love those bouncy chevy girls! Too bad there aren't more!
I want to subscribe to your newsletter.

Greatest hits album? Damn... maybe he really is retiring... :unsure: But seriously, I didn't even know about this. That is f**ked up... Me... a huge, huge, huge Eminem fan and I didn't know about it. Jeesh... but I have to buy it as soon as it comes out. Hopefully its not already out... then I'd have to kill myself for being so neglegent of my Eminem fanaticism. :P If that's even a goddamn word... :lol: :D

Hey, me: The person that quotes Kid Rock songs the most under my "username"....I have a taste for all music. Rock, Rap and so on. The only real rap artist I can grow into and like is Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, but that's a stretch. Perhaps it's because what Eminem says is so real. His words speak volumes, even to the oldest of generations.

I'm wiht FoG, not neccesarily hate "Fiddy Sent" but I think he's highly over rated. M&M does grow on me, I've bought a few albums and loved 8-mile. Great movie IMHO.

hmmjmm...he's pretty obviously talking about touring. it's a nice song, clearly "when i'm gone just carry on" is for hayley, but it also applies to his fans...although "rejoice when you hear my voice"? It sounds like his retirement plan is a serious deal. He's incredibly wealthy, could always come back later on if wanted to and make a big splash, he's leaving his fans at the peak of his career, and in the old days when some arists released their greatest hits album it meant their stage career was over. this song would be a great note to go out on, now it'll be interesting to hear the other one.

I think "retiring" before your career is over is a cop out on your fans. I went through the whole Garth Brooks "I'm retired, I'm back, I'm retired, I'm moving, I'm back, I'm retired, I've got the life but I just don't know so I'll cry about it." bullsh*t (Back when I was optimistic and listened to country exclusively) so I have no empathy for quiters. Unfortunately in the process of Garth walking away from being the biggest music star in the world at that time, he 1) lost his edge in the market and 2) Became a sap and started putting out pop-whine crap. Kinda like KISS, haven't they been "retiring" since like 1998? Anyway.... <_<

I remember Cher's "retiring" tour went on for years. Made a lot of money off of it, though. I check the top grossing concerts every week on billboard.com and she was up there. Can you imagine the length and popularity of final tours of artists like Elton John, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, U2, etc?

Didn't Jay-Z retire then put out a frekaing album? This "pop-rap" stuff is really annoying. Em was ok the first time I heard all of his stuff, but then he kept releasing albums that seemed like rehashes. The same songs with a little twist, different beat or whatever. Its stupid. 50, Kanye, all the other crap you hear on the radio or see on MTV is just fluff bullshit. I'm with Nick on having a newfound respect for some of the older stuff, before rap became mainstream and the douchebag down the street thought be was the sh!t for sitting in his car ll night listening to D12.

Didn't Jay-Z retire then put out a frekaing album?  This "pop-rap" stuff is really annoying.  Em was ok the first time I heard all of his stuff, but then he kept releasing albums that seemed like rehashes.  The same songs with a little twist, different beat or whatever.  Its stupid.  50, Kanye, all the other crap you hear on the radio or see on MTV is just fluff bullshit.  I'm with Nick on having a newfound respect for some of the older stuff, before rap became mainstream and the douchebag down the street thought be was the sh!t for sitting in his car ll night listening to D12.

[post="40321"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree 100%

I'm a fan of old school rap too. I've tried to get into new hip hop and there are a few songs that have a decent sound, but most of it is just resampling old beats or just not very interesting to me. MTV has practically ruined the genre...where rappers back in the day had a message and an attitude, today they're just puppets or poseurs that made their millions. I listened to that Eminem song...while the lyrics may be powerful, the rythym is the same thing throughout the song. I got bored after about 30 seconds of it. I think rap was good up through the early-mid 90s, but it's been downhill since. Now most of the mainstream stuff is just cliche.

Tupac is my favorite rapper. Besides having a distinct, and original message that changeed lives in many cases, he had good beats and changed his style all the time. So much of rap is just rehashes of the last good song, whereas back in that time Hail Mary was as different as night and day from California Love or Life Goes On.

I can't stand feminem. The ONLY reason alot people buy his crap was because he is "white" and "supposedly" controversial. <_< Anyone remember horrorcore? They talked about alot of stuff that he was supposed to be the first to talk about. Only thing diff. is that he's white and was picked up by the doc. Gimme a break.

I can't stand feminem. The ONLY reason alot people buy his crap was because he is "white" and "supposedly" controversial.  Anyone remember horrorcore? They talked about alot of stuff that he was supposed to be the first to talk about. Only thing diff. is that he's white and was picked up by the doc. Gimme a break.

Honestly... that's not Em's fault. At all. He wasn't the first to talk about alot of sh!t that he did yet everybody made such a big deal out it. Is he controversial? Yes, but so is most other rap. Yet he is singled out... Most likely because he's white. It's just another form of existing racism as they probably think "since he's white, he's held up to higher standards" or something just as retarded. It really is f**king retarded... but don't blame him, blame the f**ktards making a big deal out of it.

Frankly, I buy his stuff because I like it... not because of race.

Ask (most) anyone who is a hardcore rap fanatic. Eminem is the crap, very original (but not on all accounts), can come up with some wicked lyrics, and can beat the crap out of anybody who freestyles. 50 is sweet. Luda too. But em is the best out there, IMO.