Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

2010 ford fusion mpg ratings

9 posts in this topic

4 cyl. 6 speed automatic now rated at 23/34 mpg.

better than malibu.

barely, lol and hopefully they put the 2.4DI into the 'bu would help... they have the curb weight out yet for the ford, to directly compare with the 4cyl 6 speed 'bu?

i can look it up. i think the 09 fusion was lighter, but we'll see for 010.

Yep, basically the current Malibu ratings that few people still know about (I wrote an email to that affect to Lutz, LaNeve, etc. a few weeks back and got an unhappy response back from Ed Peper CC'd to both of them as well as Saturn Jill and one of their main marketing guys, a few hours later), +1 in both regards.

Ford gets their product right, very right, when they do it. There are misses as far as looks and such (Focus, current Taurus, etc.), but the engineering is always there and they're always extremely high quality, polished, and the powertrains impressive particularly in regards to mileage, in the past few years. I still don't think the Fusion has the verve of a Malibu in regards to overall appearance or interior styling, but even just on MPG numbers, the Hybrid, etc. it should do every well. I'm happy for Ford.

And yes, curious too, if there will be any change in mpg ratings for the 'Bu if it gets the DI 2.4L. It's usually a 1mpg thing if there is one, but we'll see...if it even gets that engine.

Yep, basically the current Malibu ratings that few people still know about (I wrote an email to that affect to Lutz, LaNeve, etc. a few weeks back and got an unhappy response back from Ed Peper CC'd to both of them as well as Saturn Jill and one of their main marketing guys, a few hours later), +1 in both regards.

I did not get what you mean here. Could you please elaborate?

The Fusion is 3,342 lbs with an automatic, the base Malibu is 3,415. The Fusion has a slight power advantage, maybe it is more aerodynamic. 23/34 mpg is a pretty solid number, a V6 Fusion is only 3,446 pounds, that should get pretty good mileage and acceleration.

I did not get what you mean here. Could you please elaborate?

Yes, sorry, that was odd.

For quite a while now, I've gotten tired of knowing all about the 33mpg rated 4-cyl/6-speed ratings for the Malibu/Aura/G6 so equipped, but that it was never being proclaimed, let alone even shown, in print ads or commercials. Or if it was, it was a blip. If anytime is important, recently or now would be to proclaim such things but it never seems they do. And after repeated conversations with people regarding one or both of our Malibu's, bringing up the 33mpg sticker fact above all competitors, I repeatedly got a blank stare.

Thinking what, possibly, could I do about this if just to appease myself a bit, one Sunday morning I shot off a quick email to the same effect about the lack of any real marketing pushing the new powetrain combo and that vaunted 33mpg number. Didn't know who to put it to, but just plopped the email address of LaNeve and then Lutz for the heck of it and fired it off. Later that evening after dinner I checked my email and had a reply to it from Ed Peper regarding "your email to bob lutz" with Lutz, LaNeve, Lajdziak, and Paul Edwards (marketing?) CC'd and a full paragraph of how he felt marketing was effective and, case in point, they were just now rolling out new "suprised" ads featuring these cars and the 33mpg factor. Have you seen them? Me either. The Escalade and CTS ones, yes, but nothing else really.

So long story short, I'm still ticked that they have a great powertrain combo with the best EPA highway number in the class for an all gas sedan and still refuse to sing it from the hills. We're already turning 2009 and with stories like this on the Fusion I bet more will even know about the Fusion now having the best ratings for next year than ever realized about the Bu/Aura/G6 because it's been so quiet. Oh, and if you email the GM heads directly, guess what, they do get them;)

Now, back to the Fusion.

Yes, sorry, that was odd.

For quite a while now, I've gotten tired of knowing all about the 33mpg rated 4-cyl/6-speed ratings for the Malibu/Aura/G6 so equipped, but that it was never being proclaimed, let alone even shown, in print ads or commercials. Or if it was, it was a blip. If anytime is important, recently or now would be to proclaim such things but it never seems they do. And after repeated conversations with people regarding one or both of our Malibu's, bringing up the 33mpg sticker fact above all competitors, I repeatedly got a blank stare.

Thinking what, possibly, could I do about this if just to appease myself a bit, one Sunday morning I shot off a quick email to the same effect about the lack of any real marketing pushing the new powetrain combo and that vaunted 33mpg number. Didn't know who to put it to, but just plopped the email address of LaNeve and then Lutz for the heck of it and fired it off. Later that evening after dinner I checked my email and had a reply to it from Ed Peper regarding "your email to bob lutz" with Lutz, LaNeve, Lajdziak, and Paul Edwards (marketing?) CC'd and a full paragraph of how he felt marketing was effective and, case in point, they were just now rolling out new "suprised" ads featuring these cars and the 33mpg factor. Have you seen them? Me either. The Escalade and CTS ones, yes, but nothing else really.

So long story short, I'm still ticked that they have a great powertrain combo with the best EPA highway number in the class for an all gas sedan and still refuse to sing it from the hills. We're already turning 2009 and with stories like this on the Fusion I bet more will even know about the Fusion now having the best ratings for next year than ever realized about the Bu/Aura/G6 because it's been so quiet. Oh, and if you email the GM heads directly, guess what, they do get them;)

Now, back to the Fusion.

Goat it! :smilewide: - in short GM marketing sucks.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0