Cadillac Volt (nee Converj)

Z-06

With an electric powertrain, you don't care about horsepower; torque is what matters.*

*Same could be said about ICE, but I gave up that fight long ago.

Yeah, but its a LOT truer with electric motors. If you look into the homemade electric car circle, you will see people making fairly fast electric cars with forklift motors rated at well under 100 hp... some as low as 10 or 20hp.

I also would like to see this with RWD.

Make a G8 with this drivetrain for less than 35K, and I'm getting in line.

The Fisker Karma is the direction Cadillac should be looking, electric with performance. If this is front drive, the SRX is front drive, Escalade moves to Lambda and DTS is front drive, that is a whole lot of front drivers. The STS and XLR are expected to die off, so just the CTS is left for rear drive Cadillacs. What happened to rear wheel drive and V8s?

Writing as one of the older posters, I don't think that the hybrid market cares about FWD or RWD. This isn't about that. This is for the same group that wanted the Lexus version of the Prius (more luxury, slightly better performance without having to give up the green cred). Where this car runs up and kicks sand in the Lexus' face is in the "f@ck you, I'm gorgeous!" styling and the fact that someone like me can drive for weeks and not use any gas at all while having no real trade-off. I might not have the V-8 growl and the internal-organ smushing acceleration of a CTS-V but I have a car that's stylistically the perfect distillation of the Cien and the Sixteen and I'll have to remind myself to take a trip to Santa Barbara to use up the gas before it goes bad? Sign me up!