• 500k and up
  2. 2. What are you?

• Student - High School
    • Student - College
    • Average Worker
    • Retired
    • Not working
    • For Satty - Man Whore!!!
  3. 3. How badly students are being wallet-raped by tuition increases.

• shoot me
    • Deep Debt
    • I can manage it
    • Full ride
    • Done and paid for
    • ain't gonna needs edumactions
    • NA

I just wanted to see what Class of people we have on C and G.

My guess is mostly middle class but i have been wrong before.

Don't take this personal, just wondering.

On average i have been making about 70 to 130k a year and I feel that puts me in the upper middle class.

Edited by capriceman

Honestly, I don't think this is an appropriate question to ask people. Mods and Admins do have access to who voted for what option (at least on the old boards), and while I'm not accusing anybody of being the type of person to abuse that access, I do think a question such as this isn't appropriate where complete anonymity is not secured.

And another poll after that asking how badly students are being wallet-raped by tuition increases.

I will say this, since cutting back at work, school has been sooo much easier. 40 hours at work, plus 12 credit hours is a bitch. 20 hours at work plus 15 credit hours is so much easier.

I did have to laugh when I looked at my last check stub of 2008. I hadn't had a year-end income that low since I was a senior in high school.

Edited by Satty

And another poll after that asking how badly students are being wallet-raped by tuition increases.

I will say this, since cutting back at work, school has been sooo much easier. 40 hours at work, plus 12 credit hours is a bitch. 20 hours at work plus 15 credit hours is so much easier.

I did have to laugh when I looked at my last check stub of 2008. I hadn't had a year-end income that low since I was a senior in high school.

Tell me about it...granted, going to a private university doesn't help...Luckily I have a pretty good scholarship.

I'm dreading this next semester though. 19 units, and hopefully a new job giving me at least a 20+ hour work week...it is going to be hell.

Now can this thread fade into oblivion so I can necro it?

No.

Edited by Nick

I don't see "ghetto poor" on the poll....

It's been a real rough year for me....... :(

I'm sorry to hear that and hope the future is better...some of my friends and acquaintances have had a rough time. Anyone who has had a "rough spot" at one time or another can relate...

For me, my earnings are fine. Technically, they should be "better"...that means avoiding comparisons with my friends from undergrad, most of whom I'm not even friends with anymore. So now, I throw away the alumni magazines and don't read them.

I'm sorry to hear that and hope the future is better...some of my friends and acquaintances have had a rough time. Anyone who has had a "rough spot" at one time or another can relate...

For me, my earnings are fine. Technically, they should be "better"...that means avoiding comparisons with my friends from undergrad, most of whom I'm not even friends with anymore. So now, I throw away the alumni magazines and don't read them.

Thanks....

I still read mine..just to see what is going on....

Currently make a few ticks under the 20 notch by working co-op 24 weeks a year. Once I graduate, I should be in the 60s, or possibly the 70s if I find a great company.

However, I foresee that college debt will consume me whole as soon as I have to pay it back. I already owe $50-60k and I'm only a Junior.

Currently make a few ticks under the 20 notch by working co-op 24 weeks a year. Once I graduate, I should be in the 60s, or possibly the 70s if I find a great company.

However, I foresee that college debt will consume me whole as soon as I have to pay it back. I already owe $50-60k and I'm only a Junior.

The student debt load that most people in our generation has to carry is insane. We have to make good money in order to stay afloat.

I have wondered if schooling is even worth it considering how juch you have to pay for it. Though the company thay bought us does have tuition reinbursment so I may look into that and some of the online classes.

Schooling always pays off. If I weren't in school, I'd probably make $30k a year doing some manufacturing job or some crap.

So, let's say I'll be $100k in debt from tuition after 5 years of school. 5 years of work would've made me $150k, so the difference is a total of $250k.

Now let's say I make $65k on average every year until I retire. $65k-30k is $35k. Therefore, it'll take about 7 years for me to make back that money I lost on college.

However, remember that I go to a really expensive school. Oakland University over here is a 4 year school that's about $8k/year before scholarships and it's a mid-grade college IMO. I could make 4 years of schooling there up in one year.

It all depends on where you go, what career path you take, and what you put into your schooling/career that will determine if it's worth it or not. If you have no will to put 110% effort into what you want to do, then take the easy path and skip college. I like putting in the extra hard work.

Outch... you need a sugar daddy..

Ditto.

Living on Long Island is just not easy. Having tens of thousands of dollars in student loans isn't helping either.

Wait, thus far, over 18% of the posters here make over $ 100,000 per year and the average age, per a poll run a few years ago, is in the mid-20s?

Well, the pole results are now not completely accurate because several voted and when the pole was updated to incorporate several other statistics, we couldn't vote again.

And will the people making 200K and more please contact me? LOL

Well, the pole results are now not completely accurate because several voted and when the pole was updated to incorporate several other statistics, we couldn't vote again.

And will the people making 200K and more please contact me? LOL

Yeah, I voted before the other stats were added... I'm closer to 40 than 30. There are 2 people in my income bracket according to the stats.