Z-06

Ford Announces Pricing for Taurus

26 posts in this topic

Linkity

03_taurusdetroit_op.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

2010 Ford Taurus delivers new design, class-leading technologies and features at an affordable price

· Ford's new flagship, the 2010 Taurus, will start at $25,995 – the same price as 2009 models but with more class-leading features, new technologies and perceived quality that rivals German luxury sedans

· Available this summer, Taurus features an impressive suite of technologies never before offered in the non-premium large car segment including Cross Traffic Alert, Collision Warning, MyKey™ parental programmability, EasyFuel™ capless refueling, SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry, Ford SYNC® and Voice-Activated Navigation with SIRIUS® Travel Link™. Other features new to Taurus include Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Information System (BLISTM), Rain-Sensing Wipers and Intelligent Access with Push Button Start

· The new Taurus is available in three trim levels: SE, SEL and Limited, offering customers more choice and convenience with unmatched technology with the Ford brand value

DETROIT, Jan.11, 2009 – The new 2010 Ford Taurus delivers industry-leading technologies, exceptional craftsmanship and an award-winning engine packaged in an all-new design that rivals German luxury sedans but at an affordable price.

Available this summer, the new 2010 Taurus will offer three trim levels: SE, SEL and Limited. Starting at $25,995, including destination and delivery, the new Taurus starts out at the same entry level price as the 2009 model.

"Taurus personifies the Ford brand promise – an engaging driving experience, expressive design, class-leading technologies, all offered at an unmatched value," said Jim Farley, Ford's group vice president of Marketing and Communications.

The 2010 Taurus comes standard with Ford's proven Duratec 3.5-liter V-6 and comes paired with a choice of two new six-speed automatic transmissions which includes an option of SelectShift®. This optional transmission offered on the SEL and Limited series features racing-inspired shift control paddles mounted on the steering wheel, while offering the convenience of conventional automatic operation, or a manual shift mode.

The SEL series comes equipped with 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, heated exterior mirrors, supplemental park lamps and chrome exhaust tips. The Limited series adds to the SEL appointments with standard leather seats, 19-inch chrome clad aluminum wheels, 10-way power driver and passenger seats, reverse sensing and a premium sound system with SYNC.

A selection of optional customer-focused technologies also will be available on the 2010 Taurus, including:

* Adaptive Cruise Control

* Collision Warning

* Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start

* SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry

* MyKey™

* Auto High Beams/ Rain-Sensing Wipers

* Easy Fuel™ Capless Fuel Filler

* Blind Spot Information System (BLIS™)

* Cross Traffic Alert

* Ford SYNC®

* Multi-Contour Seats

The new Taurus underscores the Ford brand promise to bring technology to market at an affordable price. It also builds on its legacy of safety leadership by incorporating a comprehensive array of passive and active features to help protect its passengers.

"Taurus raises the bar on the full-size sedan segment with an unprecedented offering of technologies typically reserved for luxury cars. The premium craftsmanship and attention to detail, combined with outstanding driving experience will redefine what customers should expect in a full-size sedan," said Farley.

Taurus SEL series will begin at $27,995 and the Taurus Limited series will begin at $31,995. The 2010 Ford Taurus will be built at Ford's Chicago (Ill.) Assembly Plant and will be available in dealer showrooms in the summer.

Nice, that's excellent pricing. I like this so much better than the new LaCrosse.

It is so much uglier than the new LaX the styling is awkward although it should be a nice car styling aside.

This thing looks superb. I love the proportions of it, and how the exterior manages not to be very derivative without being weird. And that interior is awesome.

Wow, thats a fantastic deal for such a gorgeous car.

Yikes, to me that design does not flow together well at all. When I look at it, my eyes are bouncing around trying to find some sort of harmony, but I can't find it. It makes the cobbled together look of the Accord look.... well less cobbled together, in comparison to this.

I really like the front end but the rest of the design leaves me cold... I guess the majority of people seem to like it though, and they should sell a lot at that price if there's enough interest.

I love it. I only wish the character line ran the entire length instead of fading over the wheel well. The stance is hot.

The Taurus has been full-size since 1996, the current Accord and Impala are full-size, so yeah, I think there will be a market.

Based on that pricing, it sounds like the SHO (or ST or whatever they decide to call it) will be out of my price range. :(

Great pricing, they shouldn't need big discounts that kill resale value. I like this car better than the LaCrosse. Although I agree on the point that the market for full size cars isn't very big. GM and Ford need to take styling and an interior like this and put it in a small car. The Europeans have many small premium sedans, Detroit has none.

Based on that pricing, it sounds like the SHO (or ST or whatever they decide to call it) will be out of my price range. :(

Perception is that Toyo and Honda are midsize. It matters just look at Impala retail sales.

It is so much uglier than the new LaX the styling is awkward although it should be a nice car styling aside.

LaX is so much uglier than the new Taurus the styling is awkward although it should be a nice car styling aside.

I love it. I only wish the character line ran the entire length instead of fading over the wheel well. The stance is hot.

As is, I think the rear fenders bulge out more without the continuous character line.

This 2010 Taurus is gorgeous, with great proportions and a certain "visual heft" that gives it presence. So what exactly does the new Taurus compete with... if the price starts way up there at $26K ? Attempting to move upmarket without rebates...hmmm. I guess we will see if this works. Is Ford pricing (and positioning) the Taurus to undercut the Hyundai Genesis or the new Maxima? Other mainstream big boys like Camry, Accord, Malibu (all with a V6) can be had for less than $25K. The closest direct comparision might be the 2010 LaCrosse or a VW Passat. That's a small niche in which to play. But really, is anyone going to cross-shop the Taurus with an Audi A6 or BMW 5-Series?

Edited by jlgolden

This 2010 Taurus is gorgeous, with great proportions and a certain "visual heft" that gives it presence. So what exactly does the new Taurus compete with... if the price starts way up there at $26K ? Attempting to move upmarket without rebates...hmmm. I guess we will see if this works. Is Ford pricing (and positioning) the Taurus to undercut the Hyundai Genesis or the new Maxima? Other mainstream big boys like Camry, Accord, Malibu (all with a V6) can be had for less than $25K. The closest direct comparision might be the 2010 LaCrosse or a VW Passat. That's a small niche in which to play. But really, is anyone going to cross-shop the Taurus with an Audi A6 or BMW 5-Series?

I would assume the Impala is it's main competition. Though the Impala is dated and probably cheaper..maybe the Avalon for Toyota.

Edited by moltar

I would assume the Impala is it's main competition. Though the Impala is dated and probably cheaper..maybe the Avalon for Toyota.

I would say Impala, Charger/300, Avalon (out the door soon, though), Maxima, Azera, and Amanti (snicker, the Amanti is its own competition). Accord if you don't order a sunroof or coupe.

The Camry, Altima, Passat/CC, and Sonata can price with the Taurus, but they're nowhere near as big.

i am liking this car even more and more as i see it. the powertrain i already know is great (got it in my garage).

can't wait to sit in a fully trimmed example of this thing. i love the interior!

the 500 was a perfect size to be a useful family car. the 2010 redo will have the same space and utility.

Edited by regfootball

Does anyone see a real (retail) market for large cars in America? This isn't a small/midsize car...

the model on this is set up now so it doesnt have to sell in huge volume like it used to in order to keep the factory open.

they will be able to sell enough volume to meet their forecasted demand, and margins.

the cheapest Camry V6 is $24,215 in the LE trim ... I would gladly pay $2k premium for all the tech, luxury abnd space of the Taurus.

but I AM a Ford guy.

Igor

after a couple of weeks, the taurus is still the complete package. it's combination of high levels of quality and attractive design should make it a revelation for Ford and buyers who've previously discounted the brand. that being said, i do see the 'cobbled together' remark from above regarding the design. the front end is aggressively posied and has a good ready to prance look and aggressively drawn but the rear is traditional and bulky and upright and maybe too heavy looking. i think it's still an attractive design, but i think the rear could be better drawn. however, for sheer attention to sculpting and detailing, this will win many buyers over as looking seriously modern.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room