Part II: '07 Escalade Exposed

Trimnell1

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh...ok...I like it that... EDIT: I guess that means the Escalade will continue the column shifter...I see no console shifter sticking up, and what looks to be the tip of a column-mounted shifter in the upper-right conrcer of the pic. Edited by ichbinjohnk

We all need to take a break from these pictures and just wait until the final pictures come out. We have seen nothing yet, read no reviews on the Tahoe or Yukon and already some here are spelling doom. The GMT-800s when they came out were even more conservatvie then this of a redesign. Do you remember the previous Chevy pickups and Tahoe? In do, and when the 800s were released they just became rounded. I don't see any edge in that. Let's not get our panties all twisted here ladies, and wait to bitch until the final photos give us REASON to bitch. Until then, this Escalade looks evolutionary, more than I had hoped, but we still don't see the full picture, ALL of the important details are still undercover!!!!!

Heh. Did everyone forget about the Tahoe? It looks fantastic inside and out. So the GMC looks more bland, you havent seen the Escalade yet, and are already predicting doom for GM. What exactly were you expecting from GM? Something like the pug fugly Armada? It's a damn SUV. Do you expect it to share the sheet metal with the Tahoe? Hell, the last Escalade didnt so why would this one? Your looking at a vehicle that isnt close to show room worthy, and already making predictions that there is nothing Arts and Science about it. Im kind of confused as to what people want out of GM...the interior looks fabulous, but now the problem is with the exterior? Geez. Im still waiting to see the Avalanche and how aggressive or bland it will be in comparison to the old Av. And for those who think GMT-800 was more distinct than GMT-900...your really just talking out of your ass. They had the same damn interior. Talk when the vehicles are shown. As of now, all we have are the Yukon and Tahoe. Gas prices are coincidentally going down, which will drive some people into buying these things. Im still confident in these things...all this discussion from one fuc*ing picture. Jesus.

What exactly were you expecting from GM? Something like the pug fugly Armada? It's a damn SUV.

Umm I dunno, take yer pick; an ACTUAL Cadillac SUV, NOT another Tahoe, "The sixteen-esque Escalade" we've been told about, Art & Science, even a proportionate design maybe?

Okay, I admit, I'm just playing devils advocate with this post.

the interior looks fabulous, but now the problem is with the exterior? Geez.

Maybe it's just form of habit.. I mean, we have been conditioned to hate GM for 30 years regardless of what they do ;)

And for those who think GMT-800 was more distinct than GMT-900...your really just talking out of your ass. They had the same damn interior. Talk when the vehicles are shown. As of now, all we have are the Yukon and Tahoe.

Isn't that statement an oxymoron? I mean, the majority of volume from GMT900 suvs has been shown, yet we need to WAIT to talk when the vehicles have been shown?

all this discussion from one fuc*ing picture. Jesus.

It's a blog. Would you prefer there be no discussion? And besides, I touched on MANY other points merely using the new Escalade as a springboard.

Where the hell do these pics keep coming from?

[post="40839"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If they had left my link up - then everyone would realize it comes from a member of the GMInsideNews website. He took photos of a salellite presentation to dealers last week. I'm sure GM is pissed and trying to find out who this guy is.

We'll have official photos tonight at midnight. In person debut is friday in Florida. The interior is almost identical to the yukon, just with a cadillac steering wheel and slightly altered center stack and vents. doors, armrest, etc are the same. The grill looks much different with the chrome treatment. Don't know if it'll be a hit with the bling crowd though. Otherwise it looks a lot like a DTS SUV. Edited by mphmag

The interior is almost identical to the yukon, just with a cadillac steering wheel and slightly altered center stack and vents. doors, armrest, etc are the same.

[post="40867"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Even from the small grainy picture you can tell that the center stack is very different. The NAV/Radio/HVAC controls are all different as is the overall shape of the dashboard. Also, the guages are different than in the tahoe/Yukon.

I don't know how you can say that is just "slightly altered". This is so much better than anything in the past in terms of differentiating the GM truck line interiors.

The center stack is completely different and the shape of the dash is different from the Yukon. but the wheel is identical with a different emblem. the buttons on the doors the center armrest etc. are bin parts. Looking closely now it is the same center stack controls as the STS but there is a nice flow from the stack to the center armrest. Why they leave the shifter on the column is beyond me.

On those, I can generally see your point...but I'm talking 90's cars, which is what people have been saying.

[post="40778"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmm... well, let me point some out for you. Although, not all of them were distinctive just as not all Lutz vehicles are watered down and bland. I want to make that clear...

Sunfire vs. Pursuit
Grand Am vs. G6
Firebird vs. GTO
Original Saturns vs. GM-parts bin Saturns
Park Avenue vs. Lucerne
Etc, etc...

BTW, this was for [/i]all[/i] Zarella era vehicles, not just the 90's. So...

Impala vs new Impala
Aztek vs Torrent
Tahoe vs new Tahoe
CTS vs STS/DTS
Etc, etc...

Not to mention that Lutz has a standard issue interior design... They all have the same layout, same look, and the same steering wheels. The interiors may be worlds better, but you can't tell me they are more original or more distinctive.

Same with exteriors. Lutz has a standard issue design. Many have similar lower fascias, similar headlight/taillight designs, similar shapes, same door handles, similar overall designs, and just a bunch of simularities... More than Zarella could ever imagine... FOG said it best:

He also said he wouldn't have greenlighted the 300C. That's because Lutz doesn't know anything other than ORGANIC style... To him EVERYTHING must consist of organic, whittled or honed down shapes with abstract accents. This works for things such as roadsters because of their purity and purpose, but NOT for SUV's and luxury cars. As a result of that, we have Art & Science relegated from "youth, intensity and technology" to "mature, soft and traditional" and that's not a good thing since the STYLING (Not as much technology and dynamics) the sense of style, is what transformed Cadillac's image. Then you add the rest of the divisions to the mix; Buick has went from GORGEOUS retro-esque show stoppers to half VW, half watered down A&S hybrids with a Ford-oval-esque accent. Pontiac is hanging on with it's bland-ized 90's update look. GMC is stealing Chevrolet's trademark oval tailights and has tamed "Terra" down to looking somewhat like a new Buick and somewhat like an old Cadillac. and Chevrolet is the catch-all with two cars that show about a 10% resemblance to the SS, except without the theived tailights, and a mix N match of various other ethnic styling cues. Then Saturn, with a straight from Europe appearance, for a straight from the South division.

Hmm... well, let me point some out for you. Although, not all of them were distinctive just as not all Lutz vehicles are watered down and bland. I want to make that clear...

Sunfire vs. Pursuit
Grand Am vs. G6
Firebird vs. GTO
Original Saturns vs. GM-parts bin Saturns
Park Avenue vs. Lucerne
Etc, etc...

BTW, this was for [/i]all[/i] Zarella era vehicles, not just the 90's. So...

Impala vs new Impala
Aztek vs Torrent
Tahoe vs new Tahoe
CTS vs STS/DTS
Etc, etc...

Not to mention that Lutz has a standard issue interior design... They all have the same layout, same look, and the same steering wheels. The interiors may be worlds better, but you can't tell me they are more original or more distinctive.

Same with exteriors. Lutz has a standard issue design. Many have similar lower fascias, similar headlight/taillight designs, similar shapes, same door handles, similar overall designs, and just a bunch of simularities... More than Zarella could ever imagine... FOG said it best:

[post="40957"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I thought I was the only one who thought of Lutz's creations as un-original and bland. After all, his idea of vehicles seem to lack detail. The form is there but, what about brightwork, moldings, or heck... even the occasional body crease!!! I don't like Lutz's idea on design because it just seems half baked... (cleaner than previous designs though they may be...)

Im reserving judgement for when I see it. What Im hoping happens later today as that we all swallow any doubts we had about the Caddy and just bask in its glory. Thats not to say Im not worried about what I've seen. I completely agree, there is nothing arts or science about that test mule they got there. Kind of worries me, yes. But Im still riding on hopes that the REAL Escalade has different sheet metal to distinguish it from the Tahoe. It has to. It better.

Guest YellowJacket894
Now that's an Escalade. B) It's also good to hear that the six-speed auto will make its way to the Tahoe and Yukon after a year or two and the anemic four-speeds will be put out to graze.

We'll have official photos tonight at midnight. In person debut is friday in Florida.
The interior is almost identical to the yukon, just with a cadillac steering wheel and slightly altered center stack and vents. doors, armrest, etc are the same.

The grill looks much different with the chrome treatment. Don't know if it'll be a hit with the bling crowd though. Otherwise it looks a lot like a DTS SUV.

[post="40867"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly everything tht I feared.. A blandized Tahoe with a massive overbite.

wow. well, I want to resist the temptation to be trigger-happy, but it's very soft, and very SRX-like. Not exactly what I had hoped for. The interior, from these photos at least, doesn't differentiate from the twins too much and does not seem to trounce the Land Rover. I'll have to see more photos though...