Part II: '07 Escalade Exposed

Trimnell1

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Croc' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:52 PM']FOG, you are an idiot.[/quote]

Croc don't get me started on how I *really* feel about you and your little b*tch fits.. Professionalism aside, I would've stopped tolerating your pompous and berating attitude toward everyone a long time ago had it not been for the better interest of the site.

We'll leave it at that.

[quote]Of course the general shape of things will be the same, but look!  you CANNOT swap out an Escalade grille and put in a Yukon grille if you wanted to![/quote]

Do you HONESTLY think people are going to pay that much attention to detail for their first impression of this vehicle??? Do you really think people are auto enthusiasts or, better yet, GM enthusiasts like us???

[quote]Pontiacs have NOT had grilles that couldn't be swapped out.[/quote]

Which is DEFINATELY why I quoted the part about the material in the grille, OBVIOUSLY NOT the swapping out of the grille.

[quote]You wanna argue the tacky vs. successful argument, fine.  But that would mean that you would be arguing that RICE isn't tacky because it is popular and lucrative.[/quote]

I've never argued against RICE in the first place, but rather japanese cars in general.

[quote]And before you get all pissy about my calling you an idiot and screaming "personal attack!" you definitely attacked me first by calling me ignorant.[/quote]

Jesus man, are you that delusional?? First, my "ignorant' comment was made because you called me ignorant; and I even QUOTED it. And secondly, obviously you don't remember from days past and my well known history here (Baddabing anyone?) and apparently didn't learn from my last response... I don't whine about "personal attacks" I ATTACK BACK.

[quote]Seriously, it isn't that hard to be civil. :rolleyes:

[post="41469"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

[/quote]

Maybe you should take note after all you caused and been through here.

I don't mean to be an ass, but I'm a little angry about being called ignorant and an idiot simply because of my opinion.

Croc don't get me started on how I *really* feel about you and your little b*tch fits.. Professionalism aside, I would've stopped tolerating your pompous and berating attitude toward everyone a long time ago had it not been for the better interest of the site.

We'll leave it at that. 
Do you HONESTLY think people are going to pay that much attention to detail for their first impression of this vehicle??? Do you really think people are auto enthusiasts or, better yet, GM enthusiasts like us???
Which is DEFINATELY why I quoted the part about the material in the grille, OBVIOUSLY NOT the swapping out of the grille.
I've never argued against RICE in the first place, but rather japanese cars in general.
Jesus man, are you that delusional?? First, my "ignorant' comment was made because you called me ignorant first and I even QUOTED it. And secondly, obviously you don't remember from days past and my well known history here (Baddabing anyone?) and obviously didn't learn from my last response... I don't whine about "personal attacks" I ATTACK BACK.
Maybe you should take note after all you caused and been through here.

[post="41869"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I didn't personally attack you first. An you didn't quote it...because it didn't happen. You claim my "pompous" and "berating" attitude on this site, well what the hell do you think you do? Reading one of your posts is like listening to a homeless person with Tourette's screaming about whatever the FOG rant of the day is. Have you met your new mommy?. Anyone who disagrees with you gets chewed out over every stupid little insignificant detail. Professionalism? Heh. Funny. That's a good one.

Seriously, take it to the PMs if you have anything further to say. Edited by Croc

[quote]This is the perfect example on what the members are becoming on C&G. Pessimistic about everything that GM pumps out and making predictions of failure based on nothing but your opinion.[/quote]

I've always been and always openly admitted being a negative person. AND I've always openly admitted that I struggle with that and my bringing constant negativity to the site. But, it's not like anything around GM is positive right now.

[quote]Nitpick at every small insignificant detail. That's not being a critic, that's being self-centered. Just because you don’t like it’s look automatically means it’s crap.[/quote]

That *IS* automotive media.

[quote]Fine, keep that opinion but don’t go around preaching[/quote]

Why not? Do I not have a right to my opinion just because it's different?

[quote]it and scoff at anyone who doesn’t agree with you.[/quote]

I never "scoffed" at anyone. In fact, I said I was warming up to it.

[quote]GM isn't perfect but it has come a long way. You cannot deny that.[/quote]

And I don't, I promote it.

[quote]So wait, where is that optimism? It's been sucked out by the automotive press who have been bombarding everyone with stories of GM falling from grace and how the Big 2 are doomed for all eternity. Okay. We get it. Now let them regroup. But no, they've got to keep twisting the knife and scare away shareholders. I'm not saying that GM isn't responsible but there clearly is more negative press then there needs to be. But that's me going into one of my rants.[/quote]

I agree and sometimes I buy into that too much.

Alright folks... here it is... my ranking.

Exterior:

1.) Escalade

2.) QX56

3.) Navigator (Tie)

3.) GX470 (Tie)

Interior:

1.) Navigator

2.) Escalade

3.) Lexus GX (Tie for a long third...)

4.) QX56 (Tie for a long third...) (Sadly, both of which where introduced after the Navigator's redesign for 03)

That's just look's folks, which is subjective, I can't wait to see the real thing in person, and I hope the autoshow will silance the critics. The powertrain is crazy, and I'm really happy to see all the options available on the Escalade. Should be a great year for Cadillac fan's.

[quote name='Croc' date='Nov 11 2005, 02:33 PM']I didn't personally attack you first.  An you didn't quote it...because it didn't happen.[/quote]

OH REALLY.....

[quote]So WHOOPS! there goes some of your arguments about "just swapped out a Yukon grille" I mean please how ignorant can you get?[/quote]

BTW, this quote was taken from my post a few pages back... And I can trace the post it pertained to if you like.

[quote]You claim my "pompous" and "berating" attitude on this site, well what the hell do you think you do?[/quote]

I admit, I am egotistical (Although not in reality) and negative, but not berating... I don't directly insult the intelligence of other posters.

[quote]Reading one of your posts is like listening to a homeless person with Tourette's screaming about whatever the FOG rant of the day is.[/quote]

No one said you have to read it. I'll not divulge of what I think of your posts. Not to mention; a lot of people like to read my rants which is a major reason why I do it a lot. It is my "role" on the site.

[quote]Seriously, take it to the PMs if you have anything further to say.[/quote]

Nah man, we'll air it on the board until I'm told otherwise. You started this fight and we'll end it if need be.

[quote]No you're right...you don't scoff at people...you chew them out. And then oftentimes you eat some crow a little later while you're at it.[/quote]

So? Being able to admit you're wrong is a sign of integrity and at least I'm honest enough to do that

Better yet, I'm all about honesty... I might come across as mean, I might come across as angry and I might be negative, but at least by god I'm honest. Which is more than can be said for you, the king of PM's and behind the scene's warfare.

First, I have to say that this arguing back and forth by FOG and Croc is not only childish and immature, but unnecessary and has nothing to do with the Escalade. Please take it elsewhere if it has to be done. I'd rather it not happen at all, but if it must... Now, my rakings: Exterior: 1. (slab sides aside...) Escalade 2 (tie). Navigator 2 (tie). QX56 4. GX740 Interior (options and design): 1. Escalade 2. Navigator (mostly on design) 3. LX470 4. QX56 Powertrain: Escalade.

Was expecting a little more come the side and back..but love the front (although headlights could be a bit beefier). Interior looks fantastic from the pics When you see it coming head on, like the current Gen, you know its nothing but a Cadillac. Plus, with all the "pop culture icons" input, likely to be a lot more customizeable and the after market should do well with it. Well done GM, on the Tahoe, and on this.....now what are you going to do with my Avalanche...and when are we gonna see it? (and the EXT). Edited by mr.nice

I'd take the GX and swap it with a Range Rover (forgot about it until moltar mentioned it) but I think both are too small compared with the rest of the group. The QX comes in last place in both exterior design and interior quality. The GX could be more distinctive both inside and out but the materials are there. The Navigator isn't really showy but it looks substantial and upscale, plus its interior is amazing. The Escalade is right up at the top of the pile, no doubt about it. I was just expecting more, I guess, especially in terms of the exterior. The Rover is my choice, though.

I'd take the GX and swap it with a Range Rover (forgot about it until moltar mentioned it) but I think both are too small compared with the rest of the group. 

The QX comes in last place in both exterior design and interior quality.  The GX could be more distinctive both inside and out but the materials are there.  The Navigator isn't really showy but it looks substantial and upscale, plus its interior is amazing.  The Escalade is right up at the top of the pile, no doubt about it.  I was just expecting more, I guess, especially in terms of the exterior.

The Rover is my choice, though.

Yeah, I was thinking the LX instead of the GX as far as Lexus SUVs...add in the RR and Cayenne... I was thinking price and luxury image, not simply size...

Hmmm..my favorite high end luxury SUV was left off this list... the Range Rover...has the nicest interior of all of them, IMHO, with the Cayenne a close second...

[post="41909"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Range Rover deffinitely takes the cake as the best SUV out there. Of course, it's price range puts it in a league higher than that of the escalade and it's competitors...the Cayenne is awesome to, but I don't think it's considered a full-size SUV is it? It's more inline with the Touareg, X5, FX, SRX, RR-sport etc...as far as size I would think...

OH REALLY.....
BTW, this quote was taken from my post a few pages back... And I can trace the post it pertained to if you like.

[post="41891"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That quote wasn't even directed at you. It was directed at the multiple posters who made that blatantly erroneous claim. I didn't even notice if you were one of them or not.

Getting BACK to the Escalade

The Range Rover deffinitely takes the cake as the best SUV out there. Of course, it's price range puts it in a league higher than that of the escalade and it's competitors...the Cayenne is awesome to, but I don't think it's considered a full-size SUV is it? It's more inline with the Touareg, X5, FX, SRX, RR-sport etc...as far as size I would think...

[post="41936"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree 100%. Money being no object, it would still be my #1 choice. But as you stutely noted, it doesn't really compete with the Escalade anyway. Both are very choice vehicles.

I still can't get over the sheer number of details GM put into the exterior of this SUV. If they paid this much attention to detail across their entire lineup, I might actually like the G6, Cobalt, and all the other cheaped out vehicles. *gasp* maybe even the STS!

I agree 100%.  Money being no object, it would still be my #1 choice.  But as you stutely noted, it doesn't really compete with the Escalade anyway.  Both are very choice vehicles.

I still can't get over the sheer number of details GM put into the exterior of this SUV.  If they paid this much attention to detail across their entire lineup, I might actually like the G6, Cobalt, and all the other cheaped out vehicles.  *gasp* maybe even the STS!

[post="41946"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

hey now, leave the Cobalt outta this! :angry: :AH-HA_wink:

I still can't get over the sheer number of details GM put into the exterior of this SUV.

Yeah... it has the details, but (sorry to bring this up again) not the design. Details usually make the design, but it has to have an original design in the first place. It's a Cadillac for christ's sake. GM usually lacks the details, so it's nice to see them, I'll admit.

What's so bad about this?

Posted Image

The Land Rover is a great vehicle. I think with the power and mileage this beast achieves, plus with the newness of the design and the interior now being up to par with the Land Rover, that it trounces the LR, for around 35k cheaper.

I will admit, I am pretty gaga over this interior. And when equipped with rims, this design transforms and is serious. The LR is just as much of a status symbol as the Escalade is in LA, only more people own the Escalade owing to its popularity and lower price overall. Though plenty of people have chosen the ESV and Platinum editions around here over the LR, I've probably seen as many of those as I have of the LR. Keep in mind, there are still more interior color combinations to see and the granite trim that is optional hasn't beens shown in any pictures.

I wonder if the Escalade will have a running board delete option..running boards look so tacky on SUVs, IMHO...

[post="41999"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It has power deployable running boards like the Navigator so the only time you'll see them is when the doors are open.

Bingo!  GMC is much more white collar than Chevy.  GM cannot afford to lose the buyers who just won't buy a Chevy because it is a Chevy.  Car snobs like that really do exist, don't ya know :AH-HA_wink:

[post="41567"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

On a similar note , that was somewhat true of the F-body twins starting from 1982 ewhen the Firebird was basically a sleeker Camaro since there were no longer Pontiac motors in the Firebird/Trans Am. I don't consider myself a snob but I was always into the more in your face styling of the Trans Am over the Z-28 (That is why I have the 85 and 93). I admit most of the sheetmetal was different and the dashboards looked different, but underneath the Firebird/Trans Am was a Chevy. My first car was a Camaro for those interested. Now ask me if I would buy a Camaro if it was available, then the answer would be in the absence of a Trans Am or a GTO that did not have in your face styling, then the answer is yes I would get the Camaro. I wonder if the GMC clientelle would do the same thing?

Just my thoughts!

To add on to the GMC folding into Chevrolet discussion. There are 3 definite reasons why General Motors CAN NOT do this:

1) Chevrolet Dealerships are at inventory capacity. The Chevrolet line-up consists of at least 17 nameplates. Dealerships are complaining that they can not stock "popularly equipped" models because of the lack of space for inventory on their lots. Making space for inventory needed to handle the additional 600,000 sales annually that the GMC brand pulls in is impossible.

2) Chevrolet dealerships do not have the service capacity to absorb the additional 600,000 GMC truck buyers who will bring in their vehicles for service & repairs.

3) Buick-Pontiac-GMC provide a separate dealership network to sale the extra capacity and provide service... not to mention that BPG dealerships need the GMC sales volume and potential service/repairs that they bring in order to survive.

Now, to take advantage of the volume capabilities along with the needs at the BPG dealers, GM could convert "B-P-GMC" dealerships into "Buick-Pontiac-Chevrolet Truck" dealerships. That would satisfy everyone's complaining about "too many brands," BUT that would be confusing to Chevrolet car buyers and turn off current GMC owners... So that's no good.

In the long run, it just makes little difference if the vehicles are called "Chevy" by one dealership and "GMC" by another.

One thing is certain, the two dealership networks combined provide GM the ability to handle the sales/service volume which that many SUV/trucks sales require. Without both networks, sales would drop.

Seriously, you have to see it in person, it has so many rich details and has a better presence than the pictures represent.  The current Escalade is just tacky looking, while this one is so refined.  Make a point to check it out at a car show when it arrives in your area.  LOL!  You guys are too funny.

[post="41321"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Quoted for truth. I can't really judge until I see it in person...

I agree 100%.  Money being no object, it would still be my #1 choice.  But as you stutely noted, it doesn't really compete with the Escalade anyway.  Both are very choice vehicles.

I still can't get over the sheer number of details GM put into the exterior of this SUV.  If they paid this much attention to detail across their entire lineup, I might actually like the G6, Cobalt, and all the other cheaped out vehicles.  *gasp* maybe even the STS!

[post="41946"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

*cough* Gap cars..*cough

I can agree with the G6...but the Cobalt is nice for its class....

Would have to agree with bowtie on that one.... :P

Wow... the top of the bumper looks retarded. That and it doesn't even line up with the fender.

[post="42242"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

BV, I think you are just looking too hard at the bumper.... :P

I don't understand why you and FOG hate that front end so much, though.

When I look at it ...it looks like the Escalade grew up...I don't think would want
to go too crazy with the new look...or it might scare off the current 'Lade owners..

The front isn't my biggest beef with it... It's the body. It's so plain and similar to the other 900s. I don't care what the vehicle's intended market is, it's a Cadillac and you do not do this. It was my biggest beef with the previous Escalade too. They're both just as bad as a Cimmarron in my eyes... I mean, it's a freakin' Cadillac for christ's sake. :rolleyes: Edited by blackviper8891

God here is the problem with GM. Yeah, the Union costs is a big part of it, but it us, the consumers. We cannot make up our frickin mind. And for everyone on this board (your thinking), GM wont be great again until a new Camaro comes out. This will not help GM at all. The Camaro is a niche product, its not a vehicle everyone is going to want. Just like the Escalade because not everyone can afford it. Remember, GM went after the people who will by the Escalade, Hollywood and sports figures, and they love it, as seen by the party thrown by Adrien Brody. I have seen all three vehicles first hand, and the Escalade by far has the most intriguing sytle and interior of the three. All three GMT 900 vehicles will sell to three different markets, because there are three different stylings. Of course, they are going to be similiar, because it would be to expensive and a b*tch in production to deal with three different parts of everything, programming of robots, etc. and thus, not cost effective. The Escalade is and will be the benchmark of luxury. You do not hear songs about the QX235 (whatever it is) rolling in bling, or a Toyota Sequioa (Lexus). No, its the Escalade. We should feel pride that the General took three SUV's and redefined transportation in style. Really, has anyone seen the new Ford Explorer (talk about boredom). I believe in free speech and I guess bashing GM can be allowed on this site, but really, if you feel that need, go somewhere else. We are the true, knowledgeable fans of GM. WE SHOULD NOT JUMP ON AND OFF THE GM BANDWAGON. We should stay true to the General through good and bad. And good is about to come. GM has a lot in the works, vehicles that will blow your mind. I mean, we have all seen the new Saturn small SUV. 2006 NAIAS is going to blow our minds away. The GMT 900 has been well executed and I looked forward to seeing it progress into a Hybrid and leading the US in sales.

I believe in free speech and I guess bashing GM can be allowed on this site, but really, if you feel that need, go somewhere else. We are the true, knowledgeable fans of GM. WE SHOULD NOT JUMP ON AND OFF THE GM BANDWAGON. We should stay true to the General through good and bad. And good is about to come. GM has a lot in the works, vehicles that will blow your mind. I mean, we have all seen the new Saturn small SUV. 2006 NAIAS is going to blow our minds away.

There is a reason this site had the title "GM's biggest fan's and thoughest Critics". All anyone wants here is for GM to succeed. That's what I want. But if I don't like what I see, I'm not going to lie about it... Basically that's what you're suggesting. Supporting everything the General does even when I don't agree with it would give GM false impressions. It's just idiotic. :rolleyes: