Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

A Thought

14 posts in this topic

Put less rake on the windshield..

The rear bumper looks better. I don't think lenghtening the wheelbase makes much of a difference.

reminds me of a squaty traverse...?

it's certainly not bad, wagons should start making a come back at some point, hopefully the cts wagon will be at the front of that curve the magnum failed to hold up.

reminds me of a squaty traverse...?

it's certainly not bad, wagons should start making a come back at some point, hopefully the cts wagon will be at the front of that curve the magnum failed to hold up.

I dunno, the Magnum was universally well reviewed but still failed to sell. We'll see I guess.

I dunno, the Magnum was universally well reviewed but still failed to sell. We'll see I guess.

i can't think of what it is atm, but wasn't there a ford "ahead of the curve".. oh yeah, the thunderbird ...the "retro craze" it was ahead of that.... it was a nice/expensive mustang underneath, but i don't remember it selling well...?

i can't think of what it is atm, but wasn't there a ford "ahead of the curve".. oh yeah, the thunderbird ...the "retro craze" it was ahead of that.... it was a nice/expensive mustang underneath, but i don't remember it selling well...?

It was actually based on the LS platform and I believe had an LS interior.

It was actually based on the LS platform and I believe had an LS interior.

ok, i'm not great with fords. lol

I thought the LS was based on the Mustang platform.

I thought the LS was based on the Mustang platform.

No... the LS/Thunderbird platform was shared with the Jag S-type, as was the V8 engine. The '05+ Mustang was originally supposed to use this platform, but in reality has very little in common from what I've read. The SN95 Mustang ('94-04) was an update of the old Fox platform ('79-93 Mustang).

Speaking of the MKT, I assume we will be seeing magazine comparisons with the Enclave eventually. Just based on styling, I prefer the Enclave over this, I think..

No... the LS/Thunderbird platform was shared with the Jag S-type, as was the V8 engine. The '05+ Mustang was originally supposed to use this platform, but in reality has very little in common from what I've read. The SN95 Mustang ('94-04) was an update of the old Fox platform ('79-93 Mustang).

Sad thing is that Ford gave up on the LS platform for whatever reason, while Jaguar still uses it on the new XF, which has received critical acclaim.

Sad thing is that Ford gave up on the LS platform for whatever reason, while Jaguar still uses it on the new XF, which has received critical acclaim.

Yeah, Ford created then gave up on two new RWD platforms, both with IRS in the last 20 years... the other being the '89-96 T-Bird/Cougar and Lincoln MKVIII platform..

I wonder is Ford still has the rights to use it since they developed it? If so I'd bring it back online, then Ford would have a RWD platform for Lincoln againcwithout having to develop a new one.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0