Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burns

Buick Coupe

16 posts in this topic

Big, expensive, V8 RWD luxury coupe for the seniors who can afford it. Yes the side window treatment is designed to make visibility better for the seniors who this is targeted towards.

Picture1-23.png

I hope you like.

Nice.

Has proportions that remind me of Chevy's SS concept - but much better.

I'd take the quarter window to a point, and farther back into the C-pillar. That way, you don't compromise the visibility while giving the design the sleekness it deserves. The rounded-off window reminds me way too much of the late Monte Carlo FWD (blech).

The rounded-off window reminds me way too much of the late Monte Carlo FWD (blech).

that's what i thought....

overall, quite nice... the front fenders remind me of newer mazdas...or .....stingrays...

a little finesse on some things would make this spectacular.

I like what you've done with the Tri-Shield "cove" on the side, there. Overall, looks good, although I do agree the quarter glass kind of stands out as a tad incongruous.

The dip that the door window sill takes distracts from the flow of the rest of the body. Other than that it's very attractive.

Congratulations again, Burns, on being selected for the Featured Concept on our Home Page in the C&G Design Guild!

WOW :D Very nice Drawing. The side windows do remind me of the Ford HD350 windows, but I do understand the lower take for ease of senoirs looking out. I would also agree with the other comment that having the rear quarter panel window go back to a point farther in the C pillar to increase visibilty there would help with the flow.

Over all a very Nice GMC Coupe Design. :)

Would be a good G37 competitor if done right.

Very nice, very nice indeed. The only thing I disagree with is the comment about it being targeted at seniors with money. I'm nowhere near that age, but a well executed, elegant design like the one that you submitted appeals to me (although the edgier Cadillac CTS line does as well). Buick has the potential to be much more than a senior citizen brand if GM would give it the proper combination of appropriately modern premium products and some cool upscale marketing/advertising. Out of all of GM's "supposedly" midlevel U.S. brands (Saturn, Pontiac, Buick), I think Buick has enough of a genuine premium persona remaining to really make an impact on the premium market. The only question is whether GM has enough ability to competently assist the brand with this type of transformation. Tiger Woods, geriatric designs on outdated platforms, pushrod engines (yes, I realize that the V8 in the Enclave is a DOHC design, but I think the V6 is the volume seller and sets the tone for the brand's image), and 4 speed automatics are not going to cut it. The Enclave and upcoming next gen LaCrosse really do showcase the brand's potential to be a major player in the premium segment as well as the brand's ability to reach beyond what many consider to be the brand's geriatric demographic.

Nice, I like it.... let's see the front.

Would be a good G37 competitor if done right.

Yup.... and if it was a hardtop then M.B. CLK as well!

Edited by Sixty8panther

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0