Montreal Autoshow: Camaro SS

!!!TED!!!

Here are some pictures I took of the Inferno Orange 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS at the Montreal International Autoshow in Quebec, Canada on Tuesday January 20th.

This was my first time sitting in the production Camaro.

Initial impressions are very good. The interior plastics are hard, but everything had a solid feel, and was put together well. The interior is all business (minimalist) and feels snug, with the low cut windows. Seats are excellent, and room is decent.

It looks killer...just like the concept car.

There was always a crowd around it, and the short seat time I got, I didn't really use for picture taking of the inside (will do in Toronto).

VIDEO:

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

While I can live with hard plastic, especially with an attractive interior design and a car that looks that good, would it have killed GM to go the extra mile and put some soft surfaces on there? Ford did it with the new Mustang, and Dodge did it with the Challenger.

Again, I personally won't mind it, it just sucks to see that 9/10ths mentality still alive at GM.

Interesting that the SS lettering comes in red instead of silver like the other Chevy models. Is this an option (red vs. silver)?

The red SS badge denotes an SS with the RS appearance package. Regular SS Camaros get silver SS badges.

My biggest pet peeve with it is those stupid little gm badges on the bottom of the fender under the Camaro badge. Hopefully they'll be removable. Other than that I truly love this car especially after seeing it in person. Cletus can tell you this says alot coming from a die hard Ford person.

Edited by DSFD506

My biggest pet peeve with it is those stupid little gm badges on the bottom of the fender under the Camaro badge. Hopefully they'll be removable. Other than that I truly love this car especially after seeing it in person. Cletus can tell you this says alot coming from a die hard Ford person.

All that holds the GM badge on is some adhesive.

I am a bit concerned with the quality of the leather after looking at this picture:

IMG_0492.jpg

The driver's seat already look very worn... I know a lot of people have sat in the car already but it is a bit concerning that the leather is already starting to look very worn.

I'd attribute that to the flash.

Flash brings out all the little imperfections and generally makes pictures (especially in the case of cars and interiors) look like garbage.

Flash brings forth good criteria to judge on fitment issues, highlighting every gap and cut-line, and going off that picture, I'd say the interior holds up pretty well as far as fit...Shame the quality isn't better though.

I'd attribute that to the flash.

Flash brings out all the little imperfections and generally makes pictures (especially in the case of cars and interiors) look like garbage.

Flash brings forth good criteria to judge on fitment issues, highlighting every gap and cut-line, and going off that picture, I'd say the interior holds up pretty well as far as fit...Shame the quality isn't better though.

I'll be the judge when I sit in one at the Chicago autoshow. If I got one it would be cloth anyways. :neenerneener:

I will say again that I feel the fit and finish was very good in this car.

Keep in mind that it was likely built a few months ago.

I am confident that the final production cars should be very very good.

I will take much better pictures and video when this car (the same one as shown here) comes to Toronto in a few weeks.

I will say again that I feel the fit and finish was very good in this car.

Keep in mind that it was likely built a few months ago.

I am confident that the final production cars should be very very good.

I will take much better pictures and video when this car (the same one as shown here) comes to Toronto in a few weeks.

Good to know. Thanks for update Ted.