!!!TED!!!

Montreal Autoshow: Ford Mustang

26 posts in this topic

Here are some pictures I took of the 2010 Ford Mustang at the Montreal International Autoshow in Quebec, Canada on Tuesday January 20th.

I think it looks very nice. They went over every angle of the old car, and gave it much more detail and finess.

Ford had '09 Mustangs next to the '10 for quick comparison.

VIDEO: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_lrA1HIqCds

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpgIMG_0396.jpgIMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

I like the new Mustang a lot more than the old Mustang. I also like it a lot more than the Camaro, possibly because I haven't been looking at pictures of the new Mustang since 2005.

Whether one prefers the looks of the Mustang or the Camaro will be the running debate over the next couple of years.

But those who participate in those debates will probably agree that both look better than the Challenger. :yes:

Whether one prefers the looks of the Mustang or the Camaro will be the running debate over the next couple of years.

But those who participate in those debates will probably agree that both look better than the Challenger. :yes:

Disagree. I like the way they all look, and want all 3.

Yeah, the new Mustang looks much better than the old one. It doesn't have the whole 'sadifais' going on at the front.

For a coupe, I'd take the Challenger over the others, though the Mustang interior is the nicest, IMHO. But for a convertible, it would have to be the Mustang, since it's the only one with a convertible.

The old one looks better. This one looks blobby. And the nose is muted.

I'd like the '05-09 GT body with the '10 interior and '11 5.0 engine. I prefer the rear of the '05-09, and that odd gray plastic on the rear bumper will look disgustingly cheap on lighter colored cars, I'm afraid.

I agree except the Dodge is nicer looking than the Mustang then again I just like the "new look" everyone has a f*cking Mustang. I still like the Camaro the most but coming in a respectable second is the Challenger.

Holy craptastic blue, batman!!!!!

The more I see this new Mustang, the more I dislike it... Of course, I can say the same of the Camaro.

Then again, I LOVE the new Shelby... And I LOVED the silver Camaro SS at Barrett - Jackson.

Maybe I'm just picky. the convertible seems to take all of the bad traits of the GT and MAGNIFY them.

I think the vert pictured above is a V6, that would explain some of the cheapness. I agree that the dark plastic on the bottom needs to go, at least on the GT. Its a Mustang, not a Land Rover.

Edited by Satty

Sorry, I forgot you were here. :duck:

I never said the Challenger looked bad, btw. I like it as well.

I think the vert pictured above is a V6, that would explain some of the cheapness. I agree that the dark plastic on the bottom needs to go, at least on the GT. Its a Mustang, not a Land Rover.

I've never understood that with cars like the Camaro and Mustang. The V6 version is the volume car AND the car with the most growth potential, yet the automakers seem to want to cheap out on the details.

Imagine a V6 Camaro SS (in the sense of content, not badge) How awesome would that be?

I never said the Challenger looked bad, btw. I like it as well.

The issue I have with the Challenger is it's size... It's HUGE in every respect. However, I would have no problem owning one. A person here in 'tha hood' has a solid black SRT.. It's freakin' SWEET!

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I think Ford semi-rectified that with the V6 Pony Package on the current car. The base V6 looked like a cheap rental, the Pony Package cars looked a little more upscale. A GT/SS appearance package, which would basically be the higher end model with the smaller engine, would probably appeal to the buyers who want the look but not the insurance premiums. But that plastic is awful on that blue color, I'm sure its hardly noticeable on black cars, but it sticks out like a sore thumb on lighter cars.

Edited by Satty

The issue I have with the Challenger is it's size... It's HUGE in every respect. However, I would have no problem owning one. A person here in 'tha hood' has a solid black SRT.. It's freakin' SWEET!

I like the Challenger a lot, could live with the interior. I love the size....nothing wrong with a unabashedly American 2 ton sports coupe, IMHO. Love the retromodern styling... they really stand out.

There is a black SRT8 here that commutes downtown on the same streets I do in the the morning and evening, so I often see it 3-4 times a week or more....a burly V8, RWD musclecar really stands out amongst the boring, conformist generican silver and white FWD sedans and SUVs that fill the parking lots and traffic.

Of the three the Challenger is the nicest looking IMO but yes its a little large. Living in a condo with fairly cramped underground parking like I do it would be a pain. The dark gray composite on the bottom of the Mustang is a real turnoff.

Well, the Camaro has nothing to worry about. It's the looks winner by far. It makes the Mustang look positively dated.

Edited by HarleyEarl

It may not be a natural progression from the last Camaro, but it is different and retro and fresh all at the same time. Like the Mustang was in the last generation. I am worried for both because how do you redesign something like the new Camaro and the last gen mustang... oh that's right, you end up with the piece of poo-poo the mustang is in the 2010 edition.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead