Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Vote

Camino LS6

Camino's next new ride: Official Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. We've taked about it, joked about it, and defined the parameters. Now it's time to show your powers of prediction by correctly guessing what new car I will eventually buy. Don't forget, I am on record that it will not be a GM product this time. So take your best guess, and try to nail the model year while you're at it!

• You will cave and buy a Camaro
    • You will cave and buy a G8
    • You will cave and buy a GM truck
    • You will compromise your values and buy a Mini
    • Mustang
    • Challenger
    • Audi Coupe
    • BMW 3series Coupe
    • Dodge Truck
    • Ford Truck
    • Other (name it)
  2. 2. Model year?

• 2013 or later

Wow before reading your post Olds I voted the same exact way. :blink:

I voted Challenger because of the cars listed that has continually got your attention, and fits the bill very nicely of being a lower volume, 2-door, V8 powered vehicle. I put 2011 because I recall you saying you weren't going to buy anything new for at least a little while.

As well, I believe the A5 is FWD based isn't it? I would think that would rule the car out for you despite it's great looks, plus its higher price tag. You mentioned BMW coupes, at least the new ones, aren't your thing.

My runner-up would be the F-150 or the Ram, as they can meet all your requirements: 2 doors, open bed, V8, RWD (and they are BOF if such a thing matters to you as much as some others). However, you own a truck already, so I was leaning more towards a car.

2011 Mini

I got to ride in a Cooper S today, it was a quick, but spirited ride. The guy driving had the biggest grin I've ever seen. You know you want to.

You know I put that poll choice in there just for you.

:lol:

EDIT: I have driven an S, and it was fun. I'll just leave it there.

Wow before reading your post Olds I voted the same exact way. :blink:

I voted Challenger because of the cars listed that has continually got your attention, and fits the bill very nicely of being a lower volume, 2-door, V8 powered vehicle. I put 2011 because I recall you saying you weren't going to buy anything new for at least a little while.

As well, I believe the A5 is FWD based isn't it? I would think that would rule the car out for you despite it's great looks, plus its higher price tag. You mentioned BMW coupes, at least the new ones, aren't your thing.

My runner-up would be the F-150 or the Ram, as they can meet all your requirements: 2 doors, open bed, V8, RWD (and they are BOF if such a thing matters to you as much as some others). However, you own a truck already, so I was leaning more towards a car.

Well thought out, but there are definitely some wild cards in there to consider. For example, I am toying with the idea of dumping my Silverado.

As for BOF construction, it matters to me when it comes to certain vehicles but not others.

You know I put that poll choice in there just for you.

:lol:

EDIT: I have driven an S, and it was fun. I'll just leave it there.

Fine, I'll add an asterisk to my vote. Once the economy rebounds and you're sitting on piles of money, after you buy a Challenger, you'll pick up a Cooper S, to be a different kind of toy.

I also voted Challenger, 2010.

Nah...

Actually, I voted GM Truck. But not in the traditional sense.

LaNeve keeps talking about some sort of car/truck vehicle to replace the Colorado and Canyon. If "properly equipped" maybe that could be your way out of the ST blues.

I can think of exactly two ways to reverse my decision, both involve giving me back the ST with one of two badges and a full compliment of performance choices...

... and without 4 doors.

How about you stop dicking around and finally buy a '70 El Camino to restore, or a done one. Why do you feel the need to perpetually have a car payment? Dump all your $h!, finish the mothertruck and use that as your daily, and finally BUY WHAT YOU'VE WANTED SINCE YOU GOT RID OF THE FIRST ONE!

Seriously. f@#k new cars, and f@#k being a slave to banks and credit card companies. If you do what I suggest, you do it on your terms and choose how much to spend and when, and you have EXACTLY what you want in the end because you built it for you instead of struggling with compromise.

If nothing new out there doesn't COMPLETELY appeal to you with zero compromises, don't buy it. If nobody makes what you want, make it yourself. Simple as that.

How about you stop dicking around and finally buy a '70 El Camino to restore, or a done one. Why do you feel the need to perpetually have a car payment? Dump all your $h!, finish the mothertruck and use that as your daily, and finally BUY WHAT YOU'VE WANTED SINCE YOU GOT RID OF THE FIRST ONE!

Seriously. f@#k new cars, and f@#k being a slave to banks and credit card companies. If you do what I suggest, you do it on your terms and choose how much to spend and when, and you have EXACTLY what you want in the end because you built it for you instead of struggling with compromise.

If nothing new out there doesn't COMPLETELY appeal to you with zero compromises, don't buy it. If nobody makes what you want, make it yourself. Simple as that.

AH!

I've been waiting to hear from you on this!

You actually hit on both my current plan as well as my fallback position.

Yes, I can be happy with old cars.

No, I won't buy new unless it grabs me as much as the ST did.

And, yes, I will not be financing the next new one.

It's all part of my new "fiscal policy".

It's the same for my disdain for the Camaro's stupid, useless B-pillar.

Although, to be honest.... if I have/had money to burn I'd buy one anyway,

it's easy enough to make the widows drop, add support to the C-pillar &

eliminate the B-pillar completely. At least the doors are frameless.