Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Vote

Camino LS6

Camino's next new ride: Official Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. We've taked about it, joked about it, and defined the parameters. Now it's time to show your powers of prediction by correctly guessing what new car I will eventually buy. Don't forget, I am on record that it will not be a GM product this time. So take your best guess, and try to nail the model year while you're at it!

• You will cave and buy a Camaro
    • You will cave and buy a G8
    • You will cave and buy a GM truck
    • You will compromise your values and buy a Mini
    • Mustang
    • Challenger
    • Audi Coupe
    • BMW 3series Coupe
    • Dodge Truck
    • Ford Truck
    • Other (name it)
  2. 2. Model year?

• 2013 or later

One more thought, XP: I have never bought a new vehicle that I didn't love, and don't intend to start now.

I am keeping the faith - no worries.

I totally hear and believe you, but I still also see a guy trying to fill the gaping hole in his (automotive) life with everything but what can actually fill it: a black big block four-speed '70 SS El Camino with white stripes.

You only live once, dude.

And props to you for deciding enough's enough in regards to payments.

I totally hear and believe you, but I still also see a guy trying to fill the gaping hole in his (automotive) life with everything but what can actually fill it: a black big block four-speed '70 SS El Camino with white stripes.

You only live once, dude.

And props to you for deciding enough's enough in regards to payments.

Point taken.

Serious question for PCS:

Knowing what you do of my taste in cars, do you see any new product coming in the near future that will be "gotta have" for me?

Why are you picking on me? :neenerneener: Oddly our taste in 60's & 70's cars is very similar, however as for the future, it's too hard to tell, there are to many variables at this point in time.

Why are you picking on me? :neenerneener: Oddly our taste in 60's & 70's cars is very similar, however as for the future, it's too hard to tell, there are to many variables at this point in time.

Not picking on you, just wondering.

I believe that it is too hard to tell, and that's better than the outright "no" that I half-expected.

I almost didn't vote... but I decided to anyway.

2012 Audi RS5... if they bring it over, that is.

I'm glad you did!

That makes 3 Audi votes now.

One thing is clear, I need to spend some quality time with some of the cars on this list.

I know what the ST would have been like, but these others would be a new experience and not so intuitive.

I voted 3-series coupe, 2010, because of your history of BMW appreciation and your time frame hinging on G8 ST availability. The 3-series has been a constant in a sea of flux, it is an icon of RWD goodness. There really is no other choice, based on your stated criteria.:)

I voted other and 2012. The other will be possibly a GMC RWD car based truck considering the economy and GM will pick up by then. I guess I am being ultra positive.

I agree with XPS buy the car you WANT.

Go find yourself a good douchebag lawyer, then sue GM for saying you'll be able to buy a G8 ST, take a huge chunk of money, then buy a Challenger and a Mini.

Well he can be your first client after you graduate. All you need is to be a douchebag, or wait?

Well he can be your first client after you graduate. All you need is to be a douchebag, or wait?

Last Spring I told a friend that I could never be a personal injury attorney because I just cant be the guy on the back page of the phonebook. He said that I'm already that guy, just not a lawyer yet.

Last Spring I told a friend that I could never be a personal injury attorney because I just cant be the guy on the back page of the phonebook. He said that I'm already that guy, just not a lawyer yet.

Were you being satirical or humble? :smilewide:

I think you have good argumentation and cornering skills.