Bob Lutz Comments on the Future of GM's Brands

Lutz needs to stop talking and retire! This guy is living in his own little world. For years he's been promising us that GM will be a global leader. He destroyed Pontiac, destoryed Saab, turned every car in the GM line up into boring, watered down designs, and he seems to have an obsession with tacky interior materials. He came to GM as a savior, so far all he's brought us are niche cars, and a Cobalt. Maybe GM should hire someone like Mulally instead of these dinosaurs, who think they are making "gotta-have cars". Yeah..... gotta have for the rental lot.

You need to shut up. Bob Lutz is one of the only "true" car guys GM had. You can thank him for the great Solstice, fast and sleek GTO, the sweet new Malibu, CTS, G8 and the new Camaro. If you think he destoryed Pontiac then your full of $h! he gave a Pontiac a chance with some fun cars. Bob Lutz has been a God-Send to GM make no mistake. He is one of the people along with Welburn that actually care about how a car looks and drives. Get the blinders off man and get the $h! out of you. Do you realize how screwed we'd be with no Bob Lutz?

Edited by gm4life

The Corolla may take bumps better but the Cobalt handles better than the Corolla. I guess it depends what you're looking for in a car. I would not be a happy camper if I had to drive a Corolla everyday but my Cobalt is fine. For me.

I hear you. I wouldn't take the Corolla or Cobalt as a daily driver, as they do not work for me.

Handling-wise, are we comparing to the standard Cobalt or the SS? I respect the better specs of the SS, but then its not fair to compare to the standard Corolla. I haven't driven a Corolla XRS or a Cobalt SS, so I can't compare.

I can't say the Cobalt I drove was that much better at handling that the Corolla to offset some of the Corolla's other strengths.

Also, handling has a lot to do with the tires installed... and with the replacement tires on the Corolla (Tripletreds... not all out sport tires), it handles MUCH better than it did with the original tires. Of course, take that with a grain of salt... I never tried the Corolla on the fresh OEM tires... only after 25-40K, they were AWFUL.

I hear you. I wouldn't take the Corolla or Cobalt as a daily driver, as they do not work for me.

Handling-wise, are we comparing to the standard Cobalt or the SS? I respect the better specs of the SS, but then its not fair to compare to the standard Corolla. I haven't driven a Corolla XRS or a Cobalt SS, so I can't compare.

I can't say the Cobalt I drove was that much better at handling that the Corolla to offset some of the Corolla's other strengths.

Also, handling has a lot to do with the tires installed... and with the replacement tires on the Corolla (Tripletreds... not all out sport tires), it handles MUCH better than it did with the original tires. Of course, take that with a grain of salt... I never tried the Corolla on the fresh OEM tires... only after 25-40K, they were AWFUL.

I was comparing the Cobalt LT to the Corolla. I drove a 2006 version of the Corolla and it was awful.

I considered getting the Tripletreds for my Cobalt but went with Michelins. They really get caught on the grooved freeways in san diego. I kind of wish I tried the Tripletreds first.