BACON EXPLOSION

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright. i've got the ingredients to make the bacon explosion this weekend. also, got me the ingredients to make a couple of dips with the baconnaise. one is a bacon flavor / crab dip. the other is a bacon sour cream cheddar. dodge fan, how much of the spice rub did you use on your meat?

alright. i've got the ingredients to make the bacon explosion this weekend. also, got me the ingredients to make a couple of dips with the baconnaise. one is a bacon flavor / crab dip. the other is a bacon sour cream cheddar. dodge fan, how much of the spice rub did you use on your meat?

I sprinkled it on the first layer of bacon to give it an even coating. When I make it again eventually I'll probably add a little more. I also coated it once it was rolled up. Just be patient with it. It takes a surprisingly long time to get it ready (about an hour if I remember). And of course slow cooking it takes a while but so worth it.

As far as health goes...if you've ever had bacon and sausage with your eggs for breakfast this is the equivalent plus BBQ sauce. I mean, yeah, if you eat the whole thing yourself everyday you're gonna be in trouble, but splitting it at a party once in a while won't be the end of the world. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Reading articles about food rarely make me want to vomit. This one did.

I'm with you on this. Yuck. Way too much everything.

Speaking of bacon though, I love it and Jim Gaffigan has a great bit about bacon!

BTW, the one pic says 'add premium ingredients' but it has the fattest, nastiest hamburger you can buy (the 73/27 stuff).

that's not premium meat.

The higher fat content probably kept it moist while it was being baked in the the form of a 5 pound ball with an 8-inch diameter. I hate using the 95/5 stuff for grilling because the burgers aren't as juicy as when they're made with 85/15.

The higher fat content probably kept it moist while it was being baked in the the form of a 5 pound ball with an 8-inch diameter. I hate using the 95/5 stuff for grilling because the burgers aren't as juicy as when they're made with 85/15.

there's some truth to that. the 85/15 stuff grills pretty well. We've actually found some of the 93/7 stuff to grill pretty well too lately.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes it is just fine, a bit on the rare side just like a steak should be cooked. :neenerneener:

Ground beef should never be served less than well-done because it is ground, and all the bacteria that would normally be seared off from the outside of a steak are mixed into the center.

Edited by Croc

Ground beef should never be served less than well-done because it is ground, and all the bacteria that would normally be seared off from the outside of a steak are mixed into the center.

At which point it is no longer worth eating.

A cinder between the buns, slathered in condiments, is so unappealing.

Ever eat raw hamburger with salt?

Yum!

Bah!

Rare is the only way to go! :AH-HA_wink:

Never said anything about charring it. Well-done just means it should be brown throughout, but not charred on the outside. But really, as long as the proper internal temperature has been reached, it should be fine.

You don't want any diseases from meat, now do you?

Never said anything about charring it. Well-done just means it should be brown throughout, but not charred on the outside. But really, as long as the proper internal temperature has been reached, it should be fine.

You don't want any diseases from meat, now do you?

Pink in the middle, or I leave it on the plate.

Disease is another thing I don't waste time stressing over.

If it's pink at all, I send it back. I don't stress about disease, either, but that's because I don't take those chances. Now rare cuts of beef...that's a whole other story.

Indeed, you don't see people dropping dead left and right or a mass illness because they decided to have a medium burger.

I understand about the internal temperature, and I don't like anything less than medium well, but I won't tell someone they shouldn't have it rare...it's their preference.

To each his own.

I hate over-cooked food.

And yeah, I like my eggs over easy. :AH-HA_wink:

...and my bacon chewy.

I hate chewy bacon. But I also hate overcooked bacon. I like it right in the middle where it's crispy yet juicy.

My only problem with eggs over easy is that they are messy. :P

I hate Cracker Barrel. My first time their soured my opinion of them. The food was terrible. The burger was burnt to a crisp, the salad was brown, and the fries were soggy.

You go there to have breakfast food, not burgers. And besides that, which location did you eat it at?

I was invited for dinner, so I couldn't choose the meal. :P

I forget which one..somewhere in MA. I'd have to look it up.

Cracker Barrels North of Dixon Line suck. People up there do not know how to cook good Southern Style food. :smilewide:

Breakfast is available all day long all you have to do is ask for the menu. :P

Well if the basic ingredients aren't good to begin with (lettuce), There's not much hope breakfast would have been any better. :P

It's all good. I didn't have eggs but instead made myself a grill chicken Caesar wrap for lunch.

• Grill chicken, sliced (was refrigerated)
  • Heated in a pan with a small amount Italian Dressing
  • Triple Hearts lettuce
  • Sargento Artisan Parmesan
  • Marzetti Light Caesar Vinaigrette (quite possibly the best Caesar dressing I've ever had)
  • Wrapped in a Tomato and Basil Tortilla.

Delicious!

I just realized I forgot the croutons, oh well. :P