BACON EXPLOSION

Well if the basic ingredients aren't good to begin with (lettuce), There's not much hope breakfast would have been any better. :P

It's all good. I didn't have eggs but instead made myself a grill chicken Caesar wrap for lunch.

• Grill chicken, sliced (was refrigerated)
  • Heated in a pan with a small amount Italian Dressing
  • Triple Hearts lettuce
  • Sargento Artisan Parmesan
  • Marzetti Light Caesar Vinaigrette (quite possibly the best Caesar dressing I've ever had)
  • Wrapped in a Tomato and Basil Tortilla.

Delicious!

I just realized I forgot the croutons, oh well. :P

You Bass-Turd. I is hungry and work is killing me so STOP.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ground beef should never be served less than well-done because it is ground, and all the bacteria that would normally be seared off from the outside of a steak are mixed into the center.

As my friend who is a chef said, as long as the internal heat hits 160 you are Bacteria free. This is why Red Robin Gourmet Burger Joint asks you if you want it Rare, Med Rare, Med, & well done. Your Choice.

Personally I love my Royal Red Robin Burger cooked Medium Rare. Awesome burger and I bet this burger will be the same way if it is Medium Rare. :P

To each his own.

I hate over-cooked food.

And yeah, I like my eggs over easy. :AH-HA_wink:

...and my bacon chewy.

I hate chewy bacon. But I also hate overcooked bacon. I like it right in the middle where it's crispy yet juicy.

My only problem with eggs over easy is that they are messy. :P

My Friends Resturant has Breakfast all day long, of course they are only open from 6am to 3pm as they only do breakfast and Lunch.

Now with that said they have the best bacon in the world. They use premium extra thick Pepper bacon. It is always well cooked and no grease as they dry it off so you get a nice thick piece of bacon and you can even get them a bit crunch if you like. Never burnt.

Perasonally I love their farmers plate. Cube Potatoes with 3 eggs, onions, chives, 6 slices of bacon all diced up, seasonnings and the who thing is put on a hot plate and covered in your choice of cheese. Come all melty and yummy. Big meal but oh so worth it.

In regards to Eggs over medium, that is what the hash browns are for and any yoke left over you use your Biscuit to mop it up and leave a clean plate. :P

Indeed, you don't see people dropping dead left and right or a mass illness because they decided to have a medium burger.

I understand about the internal temperature, and I don't like anything less than medium well, but I won't tell someone they shouldn't have it rare...it's their preference.

Well, if they have any desire to minimize their risk of contracting serious gastro-intestinal foodborn illness, they really shouldn't. But it's not like I'm physically preventing anyone from shoving anything in their mouths. If Camino wants to flirt with trichinosis, by god, I'll let him exercise his right to choice by eating undercooked pork all he wants. If E. coli sounds like an adventure, go for the rare ground beef. I won't stop him...but from a perspective of health and avoiding highly unpleasant illnesses, I do not find that choice to be..."the most prudent," shall we say.

As my friend who is a chef said, as long as the internal heat hits 160 you are Bacteria free. This is why Red Robin Gourmet Burger Joint asks you if you want it Rare, Med Rare, Med, & well done. Your Choice.

Personally I love my Royal Red Robin Burger cooked Medium Rare. Awesome burger and I bet this burger will be the same way if it is Medium Rare. :P

Internal temperature never comes close to 160 until medium-well at the least. Remember the big Jack-in-the-Box scare from the 1990s that killed several children? Due to undercooked hamburgers and the presence of E. coli. Not worth the risk IMO. Of course, J-i-t-B now completely chars their burgers to an inedible state.

Well, if they have any desire to minimize their risk of contracting serious gastro-intestinal foodborn illness, they really shouldn't. But it's not like I'm physically preventing anyone from shoving anything in their mouths. If Camino wants to flirt with trichinosis, by god, I'll let him exercise his right to choice by eating undercooked pork all he wants. If E. coli sounds like an adventure, go for the rare ground beef. I won't stop him...but from a perspective of health and avoiding highly unpleasant illnesses, I do not find that choice to be..."the most prudent," shall we say.

Well for anything besides beef (and fish I guess) products you are supposed to cook them until no pink is left.

Either way, it's not an issue for me. Medium well to well is how I like my burgers and everything else must be completely cooked. I like my animals dead and cooked thank you. :P

Either way, it's not an issue for me. Medium well to well is how I like my burgers and everything else must be completely cooked. I like my animals dead and cooked thank you. :P

You need to see if you can find somebody to do you a steak Chicago style medium or medium/rare ... medium or medium/rare inside with the outside charred. The best of both worlds.

• 3 months later...
I crackup whenever I see that name now because of the movie Idiocracy.

I have a feeling that just about everybody on this board would enjoy that movie. Seriously! It's very funny, go rent it if you haven't seen it.

Ya...there is a Fuddruckers nearby and I laugh every time I drive by. Have to try it, haven't eaten at one in a few years. For burgers, I often go with Fatburger or Jack in the Box miniburgers. When I want a fancy one, there is great local place called Delux and a local chain called Blu Burger...both have delicious Angus and Kobe burgers. I really liked Idocracy..pretty funny and pointed humor..

Rob

There are some pasta sauces that have bacon, but they call it pancetta (pahn-chet-tah). The sauce I refer to is boscaiola sauce. It is a tomato cream sauce with egg, onions and pancetta (and sometimes even mushrooms). I prefer any of the cream-based pasta sauces (Alfredo, carbonara, boscaiola, gorgonzola, pesto cream) over tomato marinara-type pasta sauces.

Bacon is an awesome addition to any food but, man, in large quantities, it is dangerous.

Edited by trinacriabob

This is the Tim Taylor kind of meat. Arggghhhhhh!!!!!! Arrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!! I have done some pretty over the top stuff as far as eating things that arent good for me but this is over anything I have ever done.