For Sale: One “Slightly Damaged” Challenger SRT8

If the door still opens and closes, I'd leave it like that for a while...battle damage. I wonder if the driver's seat is damaged, and the side airbag(s) probably went off also.

Edited by moltar

Slightly_Damaged_Dodge_Challenger.jpg

A "slightly damaged" Dodge Challenger SRT8 with just 29 miles is up for sale on EBay. Here's a good question: is it worth $25,900 with a salvage title and no warranty?

http://jalopnik.com/5141229/for-sale-one-s...les-on-odometer

What is it with the salvage titles anymore? Soon a door ding is going to get you a salvage title.

I understand that the damage to this car is likely not limited to the door... with 27 new air bags and some frame tweaks, it could be as good as new. I remember not too long ago cars with SERIOUS damage would need a quarter of the body cut off and welded back on.

Are the insurance companies somehow finding a new way to scam us? Score $7K in damage on a $40K car, put it on eBay and hope for $33K+ and since its a salvage, they are off the hook for liability if there was hidden defects?

I'd buy it.... if I had the money to burn.

hell, if I had $25K I'd take it gladly, door, title and all. Where else are you gonna get a top-of-the-line neo-musclecar for that kind of money?

Exactly! You can always get the door cheaper as more end up wrecked...and while you wait you've got "battle damage" like moltar said. :D

I would like to know how the hell that damage ended the car up with a salvage title though.

I understand that the damage to this car is likely not limited to the door... with 27 new air bags and some frame tweaks, it could be as good as new. I remember not too long ago cars with SERIOUS damage would need a quarter of the body cut off and welded back on.

my cousin had a 2000 civic and was rear-ended at a redlight. the frame was warped pretty badly. they insurance company wanted to heat the frame up and bend it back, then they decided to instead cut the section out and weld in a new section. my aunt hit the roof and finally they totalled it out.

*raises eyebrow*

THAT has a salvage title? Holy crimeny!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Something's wrong in the world today" ... Aerosmith ... 'Living On The Edge'

Chrysler's lifetime warranty is non-transferable. That's its catch.

!

That's a pretty big catch. Isn't that going to kill resale value? Who wants a car with 1k miles and no warranty? That's ridiculous.

!

That's a pretty big catch. Isn't that going to kill resale value? Who wants a car with 1k miles and no warranty? That's ridiculous.

Well it all depends on your priorities. If you're one of those people who trade cars every2 weeks to get the latest and the greatest, then yeah not so good. On the other hand, if you're one of those people who hang on to their cars for a long time it's great (if you buy it new).

Of course it's a catch...it's a lifetime warranty. Can you imagine what it would cost the company if it was transferable?