Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOS2006

Pontiac Trans Am GT

27 posts in this topic

No, not a FIREBIRD Trans Am, a PONTIAC Trans Am... :)

Posted Image

Original:
Posted Image

Pontiac purists wouldn't be happy with you basing it on a Chrysler.

haha They'll learn to move on :P

Very cool NOS. I haven't seen a pic of the ME412 in a really long time so it was cool to see that again too.

I could have forgave you for using a Chrysler (hey.. it's better than a Hyundai ;) ), but all you did was add a bunch of unnecessary scoops and intakes (okay.. the wheels and a few other details too :P ) that clutter up the design. So, I'm going to be stubborn and not move on. I'll take that Solstice in my signature, please. :D Edited by blackviper8891

I plead the 5th. :(

I'd be afraid to wash it, I'd cut my arm off at the shoulder.

no offense nos, because your an amazing chopper and you have great ideas this one isnt what id expect from you, if i gave you my constructive criticism, id probably be thrown out of c&g and make some people cry :P

How can I improve it, ya'll?

Well first off mid engined Poncho: either call it a Fiero or a Banchee... no T/A or Firebird names... second calling it a T/A GT is like having an Corvette LTZ... doesn't fit. The Chysler ME was a cool car but does not translate well as a pontiac. The Firepower woudl have been a better car to start with. You do great work NOS I just want to be honest with you. Please do not take offense. :) Edited by Sixty8panther

It's cool, Sixty8. I don't take offense to much. You can tell me that I've created a larger turd than the xB and I'll take it with a grain of salt. It's all design and perception. I like, but you guys don't and vice versa on some things. I love constructive criticism, but only if people are nice about it.

Well... Sixty8, a Trans Am GT is not like a Corvette LTZ. More like Corvette SS. And there was a Firebird SE in the '80s and my proposed Fiero consists of GTP and GXP. That really isn't any different. And frankly I don't have a problem with that either....

guys, the 12 is an excellent supercar and it it a chrysler, but nos you didnt do enough to call it your own, soory you can ball it a tricked out riced out, souped up, refreshed, whatever, 12, but it is not a new car if you take new tires and new vents and slap em on in the corporate world of pontiac, you may have been fired for this unless you were joking. its not right to call it a new car or even your own creation, yes you can call it a 12 refresh or something along those lines, but you didnt do enought to call it anything else, soory and just so you know this was me being nice dont fuck with plaigerism, itll bite ya in the ass thats a warning not a threat or anything in all i really cant see anythin you did to make it not a 12 and you have the skills to if you think its more suited as a pontiac just say so, but dont try to pass a 12 off as a brand new concept Edited by mute

BV: The name Trans Am is the ultimate kic ass name. GT is not needed and sound redundant and silly to me. SE stood for special edition, that i can deal with. But Trans Am Gran Turismo? Too much. It's like naming your kid "Maximelian Superior Maximus" ;)

One note: Mute, plagiarism is what photoshopping is, dude. And, please, just tell me how to change the thing, people! lol

There are too many lines coming from all directions. There are too many scoops, too many sharp edges. It just looks way overdone.

Thanks, oblu. And I just want to say I wouldn't have even made this a GM but there's another competition somewhere to create a GM supercar and it's the first thing that came to mind. However, I have since thought of a different, better idea...

you know what i meant, its not really a chop with your ideas, just someone elses with your style and if had the time id do a biblio, but a lot of those pics are on the internet for public use, at least the ones i use

BV: The name Trans Am is the ultimate kic ass name. GT is not needed and sound redundant and silly to me.
SE stood for special edition, that i can deal with. But Trans Am Gran Turismo? Too much.

It's not like most trims are still referred to with a name... Pretty much all but SS isn't. I mean, what does LTZ stand for? I doubt anyone but you would say Trans Am Gran Turismo... It'd be Trans Am GT. And if that is too much.. what about Grand Am Gran Tursimo and Grand Prix Gran Turismo? Huh? I don't see you complaining about those... And again, no one does as no one refers to them as that. It's Grand Am GT and Grand Prix GT... See what I'm saying?

Yes and no. You have a point wiht the G/P and G/A but they've had SE/GT/GTP versions for a while now... however the Trans Am has never needed anythign else. The history, legend and tradition of the TA is such that it does not need any extra sufixes. Technically ythe T/A was never a stand alone model.. it's a "Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GT" and that's too much.

guys, noone but you cares if he names it that way its not thrilling to me he called it a pontiac, but its his name he can do as he pleases, the name may not need any more in your opinion, but maybe he felt like it ok deal and dont tell me any bullshit about it being about principles and such i dont care about your principles Edited by mute

Hey MUTE: don;t skimp on the meds buddy! ;)

Sixty8, Okay... I know it was never a stand alone model... It was itself a trim, but that's not my point and has nothing to do with this discussion. We're talking about the name itself. Not its history. You say Trans Am GT was too much, but still not GA and GP. What you say about them already having it... doesn't make any sense. The Grand Prix never had GXP... So, it shouldn't get it? Under your logic, it wouldn't. Still, its not different for those three to each have GT. Same length. But what really confuses me right now... Is how we ended up argueing about something so stupid...? :lol: :P Edited by blackviper8891

Well first off mid engined Poncho: either call it a Fiero or a Banchee...

No "hell no that ain't a Fiero!" reply? BV must be slipping a little.

And I've always thought the Me-412 was too busy to begin with. Edited by Enzora

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0