EYE CANDY

ocnblu

Just went to get some lunch and saw a guy in a rough around the edges mid 70's Corvette convertible, white with a black primer rear enduro bumper, top down, driving through salt water & slush, guy had a winter hat and jacket on and looked like he was enjoying the hell out of it. I would be too!

Went out for lunch..tried a new Mexican place nearby--had some tasty fajitas, sopapillas and a Tecate (dining outside in February--springtime in AZ), and saw an real oddball--a very amateurish Pro Street style '66 Chevelle wagon--no hood, big blower almost as high as the roof, F&F style wing on the back of the roof, wierd aluminum grille, half flat red, half flat black.

Saw a couple Ford trucks out of the ordinary--a late model regular cab w/ a Lincoln Mark LT front end and taillgate, and first of the new style '09 regular cab F150s I've seen.. Apparently, they went away from the tiny rear opening doors with a narrow window like on the previous gen and now have longer doors in a regular style regular cab (but with some black plastic cheese where the narrow window would have been on the previous gen..the one I saw was painted retro style in a pale blue w/a white roof.

Biz-Zaro-World : Pull out onto the 3-lane highway at a light, a few vehicles follow. A mid-sized SUV pulls into the left lane (I'm in the center), and slowly creeps up. I glance, don't recognize it... something's definately wrong. Have a hunch, let it slide past me and there's the proof- 'Sorento' on the rear; a bottom-feeder kia. So what didn't I recognize ??

It had a manufactured 'halloween mask', a plastic.... thing that mounted over the grille & partially up onto the hood, with twin chrome-edged BMW nostrils on it. Fake BMW grilles, with a kia badge above them.

brand new yellow camaro and a new orange challenger at a red light...

but the camaro didnt want to play :(

Both are real head turners though.

Ya know, they were testing a yellow SS and an orange LT Camaro for CamaroZ28.com or something like that...

Almost forgot about this one...

a red Smart, with all the silver pieces (body structure, wheels, anything that's normally silver) painted gold :puke:

It belonged to a couple in their 60's-70's and all I could think of is they were probably used to their Lexus's with gold trim packages...

:sign0200: Saw a restored Studebaker this weekend. Actually was very nice looking, driven by an old man who probably bought it new and then restored it. Very nice though.

Amazing. In a sea of Asian ho-hum.

Not surprising either, that was a staff parking lot at the University of Calgary... one of the lots reserved for the College Professors more specifically, that fella is my hero. There was only one other american car in the lot that day and it was a 2007 Buick Allure CX...

Look at that old Buick. :)

I'll be honest, I think the '63 LeSabre's nose is

downright ugly.... like a lot of early '60s Fords,

but compared to all those Civics & a Rav4 it is

a ray of sunshine!

Here's what I saw just a few min. ago on my

lunchbreak:

http://flickr.com/photos/9220365@N06/3309602902/

I would be nervous to drive something badass as that with all the stoopit drivers out there. Perhaps I'd just buy a small fleet of Datsun GT-Rs and hire drivers for them to surround me while I drive it up to about 2/3rds throttle. Who cares if one of those Datsuns gets hit, after all.

Problem with license plate though is that I could buy 8 ZR1s, a CTS-V, an Escalade, and a house before I bought that Veyron... :P

Exactly...Bugatti or an estate with a large collection of high ticket rides? Hah.

I've still never seen one of those, even in beach land here where you sometimes can. Just Bentley Continental GT's.