Premium Access Now Available

Those of you with us long enough know that we've always had server issues. In the past we've financed server moves through donations. We have decided it is time to offer a Premium subscription for $12 annually. Those of you who opt not to subscribe will see no changes other than the following:

Standard plan: Free

• Number of seconds between searches has changed from 10 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Edit time restriction (in minutes) has changed from unlimited to 15 minutes.

The reason for this is these are two areas that directly effect server performance.

Premium plan: $15/annually

• Everything currently available to a standard member:
  • Number of seconds between searches has changed from 30 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Edit time restriction (in minutes) would change from 15 minutes to unlimited.
  • 500 message limit in PM system.
  • Ability to embed HTML in the posts of select forums. (this will allow direct embedding of youtube videos)
  • Access to the "Rated R" forum.
  • Access to the "C&G Council" where Admins will take up issues for a vote that a larger number of C&Gers should have a say in.
  • Ability to request free upgrade to the "Politics and Social issues" forum.
  • An @Cheersandgears.com email address by request.
  • A C&G supporter icon next to their name on every post. (Future rollout date)

To subscribe to premium membership, go to your "My Controls" page. On the left hand column under "Options" find "Purchase Paid Subscription". The subscription will not automatically renew at the end of the term.

With additional revenue we can continue to fund the server costs and future upgrades.

Thank you for your attention,

Your Admin Team

Good one.

I want to talk to you about a couple of ideas I have which I would like to share with you and discuss with the Admin.

Another suggestion:

To throw some gravy initially - why not put an unlimited membership for limited time at $30, which is equivalent to 2.5 years of membership?

>>"Access to the "Rated R" forum."<<

I thought the Lounge pretty much was already rated R... to the point this perk needs at least a cursory definition/description, IMO, ie; what's this expected to consist of?

>>"Ability to request free upgrade to the "Politics and Social issues" forum."<<

Ahh, that's why this 'isn't ready'.

Too bad this has been deemed 'too hot to handle' for the general membership, I'll miss peeking over the fence into CrazyTown.

Sorry, boys; I have no spare change for websites- I'm scrabbling for dimes & nickels as it is. Already dumped half of my subscriptions and wearing my clothes to a doubled hole count. I'll have to stick with the riffraff in steerage.

• 9 months later...

To subscribe to premium membership, go to your "My Controls" page. On the left hand column under "Options" find "Purchase Paid Subscription". The subscription will not automatically renew at the end of the term.

Your Admin Team

Please help I can not find my controls page, If it is my control panel I found no option for subscriptions in there.

I am running fire fox 3.0 if this is a problem please say or if I am just not seeing whats in front of my face please give me the step by step morons directions.

thank you

Eldiablobanshee

Please help I can not find my controls page, If it is my control panel I found no option for subscriptions in there.

I am running fire fox 3.0 if this is a problem please say or if I am just not seeing whats in front of my face please give me the step by step morons directions.

thank you

Eldiablobanshee

Eldiablobanshee, you found yet another issue from the forum software upgrade. The instructions posted earlier in this thread are no longer valid. I'll get back with updated instructions tomorrow.

Eldiablobanshee, you found yet another issue from the forum software upgrade. The instructions posted earlier in this thread are no longer valid. I'll get back with updated instructions tomorrow.

Thank you, I am glad I do not need the moron instructions. I will be anxiously looking for your instructions when I get home from work late tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

* Number of seconds between searches has changed from 10 seconds to 30 seconds.

* Edit time restriction (in minutes) has changed from unlimited to 15 minutes.

The reason for this is these are two areas that directly effect server performance.

Premium plan: $12/annually

* Everything currently available to a standard member:

* Number of seconds between searches has changed from 30 seconds to 10 seconds.

* Edit time restriction (in minutes) would change from 15 minutes to unlimited.

* 500 message limit in PM system.

* Ability to embed HTML in the posts of select forums. (this will allow direct embedding of youtube videos)

* Access to the "Rated R" forum.

* Access to the "C&G Council" where Admins will take up issues for a vote that a larger number of C&Gers should have a say in.

* Ability to request free upgrade to the "Politics and Social issues" forum.

* An @Cheersandgears.com email address by request.

* A C&G supporter icon next to their name on every post. (Future rollout date)

I believe you also get to change your screen name 1 time a month too if you choose. There may be other benefits too.

• 8 months later...

Some minor updates to the Standard and Premium plans: Most people on Standard Plan will have no effective change. Changes highlighted in red

* Number of seconds between searches 30 seconds.

* Edit post time restriction limited to 15 minutes.

* Limited to 100 messages in PM system.

* Add/Edit signature after 25 posts. - This was done because Bots come on and post with advertisements in their signatures.

Premium plan: $12/annually

* Everything currently available to a standard member:

* Removal of Ads in the forums and gallery sections - Ads remain on front page portal

* Number of seconds between searches reduced from 30 seconds to 10 seconds.

* Edit post time restriction removed.

* 500 message limit in Private Message system.

* Change your display name up to once per day.

* Upload your own avatar.

* Customize your user profile.

* Edit signature immediately.

* Ability to embed HTML in the posts of select forums.

* Access to the "Rated R" forum upon request.

* Access to the "C&G Council" where Admins will take up issues for a vote that a larger number of C&Gers should have a say in.

* Ability to request free upgrade to the "Politics and Social issues" forum.

* An @Cheersandgears.com email address by request.

• 1 year later...

Apparently my premium account expired because I can see ads now..the instructions in the first post of this thread apply the old forum software, but the new software doesn't have a 'My Controls'...didn't get a renewal email or anything...how to renew?