Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KaliRover

3.5 Duratec question.

6 posts in this topic

I read the 3.5v6 goes with the 500's new look for the 2008my BUT it will be intro'ed earlier than Fall'07. Tho with the possible changes that Mark Fields might (be allowed to) initiate, I hope the Montego gets it asap (even if the latest EngineAssy list doesn't support this).

I'm anxious to see an updated 500, because I love the size and interior right now, but think it would be over the top with a crisper Fusion-like look and a little more power to shut up the critics.

I'm anxious to see an updated 500, because I love the size and interior right now, but think it would be over the top with a crisper Fusion-like look and a little more power to shut up the critics.

[post="40923"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, let's face it - its a flagship car, so it needs more power. Keep in mind that the Montego is also saddled with 200hp. With LaCrosse and 300 Touring pushing 250hp, Lucerne at 275hp, and Impala SS and 300C breaking 300hp, it makes Ford/Mercury look inadequate if 200 is the most you can get.

Well, let's face it - its a flagship car, so it needs more power. Keep in mind that the Montego is also saddled with 200hp. With LaCrosse and 300 Touring pushing 250hp, Lucerne at 275hp, and Impala SS and 300C breaking 300hp, it makes Ford/Mercury look inadequate if 200 is the most you can get.

[post="40938"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

edmunds claims Buick says a time of 7.6 out of the Lucerne with its v8, which is not that far ahead of the 7.9 time C/D got with a lowly 200hp Five Hundred. Just a thought. Edited by regfootball

[post="40923"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

from having had a Five Hundred for two weeks now, I must say I agree with what you say. I'll be posting some thoughts soon. yes, it could use more power, and its inexcusable for Ford to not have had more power in this car at debut, but its not like other manufacturers haven't done the same thing *cough* GM * cough.

The size and function are why I chose the 500 and it has demonstrated that among sedans there really isn't any equal in terms of a total accomodations in the everday man's price classes. Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0