Attention New Jersey, New York & Pennsyl. C&Gers!

I just got off the phone with our bigggest Client and it turns out I'll be driving to Southern New Jesrey for "business" on Friday. I'll pobably be in Jersey most of the day Friday as it just so happens that Turqioise '59 Buick LeSabre Flat top is located there. (ebay # 4587964307 ) I'm hoping to get togeather wiht Balthazar and hang out wiht him at some point Firday (PMed him already) but I'm wondering how many of you could also meet up wiht me or vice versa. I might be able to justify visiting Penn if some of you (Ocnblu, Black&BlueLandscaper, Camino, BV.... etc.) are willing to guide me to a good burger joint or whatever where we could meet. In any case let me know if this is a possiblility. :) If you guys want to call me just PM me and I'll give you my home #, I hate email as it is so impersonal... but if you must: [email protected] See you on the flip side! -- Silvester (sixty8) Edited by Sixty8panther

It's definite.... "somewhere in southern New Jersey by friday 8AM" When I asked about a town or general locale I was told: "you'll be told when the time comes... gas up the car thursday night" This kind of crap comes with the terretory though. :rolleyes: BV: how close are you to "Southern Jersey?" I'll come to you if it's not too bad. Edited by Sixty8panther

The problem in not as much the time as the milage... another 200 miles is another 40 bucks in gas round trip in my most fuel efficient car. (Datsun) But I'm not giving up on you yet my friend... what's your town called again? Something with a B---, I keep wanting to say Bakersfield but that's the town my Camaro lived in (Calif.) from 1968-1987.

Sixty8... divert your eyes to my avatar... read down it and see what you find. :D Yeah... :P Anyways, do you want some specifics on the location of Brookville? I can probably give distances from it to other various towns, county its located in ones around it, various roads that travel though it (there aren't many, lol), and other stuff like that. So this is Friday, then? Well, in any case, atleast I get that day off from school thanks to Veteran's day. I actually think this is the first year we've ever gotten it off...

Yeah, I feel stuuupid now. I'l mapquest it from my house and see what we come up with... If you feel comfortable doing so PM me your tel. # as I will not have internet access on my way down. NOS: you're in Michigan right? :(

am i the only c&ger in maryland?
well if there are any md guys let me know

[post="40902"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How much of a detour would it take for us to have a coffee or burger togeather...?

Yeah, I feel stuuupid now. I'l mapquest it from my house and see what we come up with...

If you feel comfortable doing so PM me your tel. # as I will not have internet access on my way down.

Well, I will later on if you actually do plan on coming. I mean... I don't even know if you'll be able to get a hold of me as If I'm not on the internet, my brother is. Most of my family says that they can never get a hold of us.. :P

Just Mapquested it BV and you're W--A--Y out there. Your guess of 270 was dead on. This means another 5 hours and $60 worth of gas round trip. :( The good news is that I'm hoping to make it out for the Philly auto show in January so that might be a good place to meet up if you could make it out there. GMTG74: Bummer... well there's always next time. :) Edited by Sixty8panther

Yep, in MI, unfortunately. I'd love to meet up with you.

You hitting NAIAS this year?

[post="40933"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

BBL and Camino are trying to get me to go down to Philly for the show down there. :unsure:

I'd love to meet up with some of you guys but that's a bit out of the way.. I'm in up state NY and that's be a few hour drive. Not to mention that I doubt I will be able to get some time off from work.

I'd love to visit MD again... not to mention DC and the Smithsonian. :)

*Sniff* Nobody wants to meet up wiht the Panther. :( :P

hah man soory hey if your in the rockville area in montegomery county i can do it but i have company this weekend and i dont want to travel too far im about 45 mins - half hour from our nations capital but id prolly take the metro and good luck on getting me to direct you anywhere..... im retarded with those.... i can pm my cell number and you could call it if your reallly close.... i live in brookeville, MD prolly dont know where that is but...... it iss a good hike for either of us... im sure well meet up eventually i dont doubt it but prolly when its really convienient Edited by mute

Balthazar: AWSOME!!! If nothing else I can see the car and have a sit behind those gorgeous but dusty gauges. :) WMJ: We'll meeet up when I eventually take a road trip out to arizona. I will do it cause I'm that crazy. Mute: There'll be other times bud, I'm just messin' with you.

Damn Sixty, I won't be able to leave work to meet up. I wish I could. I definitely will be in Philly for the Auto Show though, you guys let me know which day as we get closer to the event. So who'll be driving the Datsun back to Mass? Wait... what was I thinking? Just set up some 2x6s on the Buick's rear bumper and *BLOOP*... right into the trunk! :AH-HA_wink:

GM1: Absolutely, if I can drop by for a sec. I'd love to see a '57 Chevy and meet up with an old bud. I have all day Friday to kill, from like 9am to as late as I choose. PM me wiht the details. :)

Anyone else??? :)

Anyone else??? :)

*raises eyebrow*

So...you can make a trip to that area, but not out to see me...?

*grins devilishly*

Too bad I wasn't able to meet up with a lot of ya'll when I was out east in August of this year.... Ah, well ... there's always next time ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"There's no better time than today" ... 9 Days ... 'Good Friend'

Well... if you decide to come to Brookville I think we'll definitely have to avoid my parents. They get caught up in that "don't give out info; don't meet up with people" thing. They think you're all serial killers... :P Although this kind a makes it tough for me... still. The GA is in the process of blowing up and it could probably go anytime. That and there's not really many places in Brookville to meet up. There's always the Boulevard where all the fast food joints, hotels, and gas stations are... and then we may be able to meet somewhere downtown or even at the GM dealership. Haha... IDK. It all depends on how crappy the weather is Friday. If my GA was running right, I probably wouldn't let you test it out... but that won't be any fun now that its wounded. I dunno... :D

*raises eyebrow*

So...you can make a trip to that area, but not out to see me...?

*grins devilishly*

[post="41209"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No Guilt trips, :o it's bad enough I still have not seen that Monte Carlo Fleet of yours... trust me it will happen in the future... perhaps we can plan it in the next year so that one of my roadtrips conincides wiht yours and we'll meet half way. That'd be neat. :)

BV:

*TWITCH* All Honda fans must die! *SPAZM*

I'm doing God's work, if I get pulled over by a cop and he opens the trunk and sees all those bodies he'll understand. And if he's a Honda lover too I'll stuff him into the trunk. I've got enough Cement & Duct tape for allyas!

:blink: :D

All joking aside I remember meeting up wiht a Corvette enthusiast in the middle of Boston right by where Boston Garden used to be. He sent an email requesting some Garaphic Design work related to his Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Ragop. I had a feeling the end result was going to be made into a Law & Order episode.

He ended up being really cool, we had lunch and talked about his Corvette, and his wife, I talked about School and my aspiration to own a classic Musclecar. Nothing weird.

And besides I've already met BBL, and he's more likely to be a psycho than any of you folks. :huh: :P That kid's tall and he could stuff you into the back of his Jeep and hide you places a Police Excursion or Tahoe will never be able to get. :ph34r: :lol:

Camino and i might have be working but if you are willing to come out this way im sure he would stop for a little bit. look up how far berwyn, PA or Paoli, Pa might be from where you at and that's where we will be most of the day on friday. gimme a call and let me know.!

BBL: I'm calling as I type this. :)

Latest Update: To EVERYONE I just gave out that New Hampshire Cell Phone Number; Forget it... here's the numer I'll be at today and tomorrow: 484 - 903 - 8784 Ironically it's a Pennsylvania Number. Virgin Mobil Nokia phone form a Client who said "just keep it" a few months ago. I just topped it off a few minutes ago, although I only have 180 minutes on it. Anyway it has better reception than that other Cingular number I gave out earlier today. So to one and all call me on 484 - 903 - 8784 if you want to meet up with me Friday in the New Jersey or Philadelphia area. PMs to follow.

No Guilt trips,  :o  it's bad enough I still have not seen that Monte Carlo Fleet of yours... trust me it will happen in the future... perhaps we can plan it in the next year so that one of my roadtrips conincides wiht yours and we'll meet half way. That'd be neat.  :)

*nods*

Yes, that certainly would be neat :).

And, um, if we meet somewhere half way, you won't get to see the entire MC fleet, ya know..... Just more food for thought....he he heh.

And, um, if we meet somewhere half way, you won't get to see the entire MC fleet, ya know.....  Just more food for thought....he he heh.

[post="41715"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, that IS true... and that'd be a crying shame! :)

Well it's 3:03am Friday, got my CDs packed and a fist full of Mapquest directions so I'm off like a prom dress.

As it stands I'm meeting up with GM1 early in the day, form there it's Balthazar and from there we shall see.

Perhaps I'll take a look at this '59 LeSabre in NJ... it's a "3-on-the-tree" manual. :metal:

As far as Ocnblu I don't have your phone number so call me at 484 - 903 - 8784

BBL (and Camino) I might end up meeting up with you guys Saturday if that's okay. I got the Okay from the family to stay over night Friday and spend some time wiht some of you guys on Saturday.... call me and we'll figure something out.

Anyone else: feel free to call but keep in mind I will not have access to the Internet (or e-mail) durring my trip. Wish I had a laptop but I don't.

Still groggy from about 8 hours of car talk.... how can someone so relatively young have so many stories?? Sixty8 is a great guy- I really had a ball. We checked out the '59 LeSabre, but in the 5 years since I saw it last, 80% of the floors have departed for lower pastures (it was under water from Hurricane Floyd of '99). I hope I have wisely diverted an impulse buy of a spine- & wallet-busting project.... but when we parted company, he was heading back the next day "for a few more pictures"..... :unsure:

At the same place we checked over a '51 Packard, Nash Metro, a '48 Chrysler Town & Country convertible and a.... '68 Camaro. Oh, and something troubling for me: an appealing foriegn vehicle: a Renault Caravelle 2-dr of unknown year. Except for the blunt nose, what a neat little coupe, and I dug the rear engine and cooling scoops. And I thought finding parts for my '59 was tough.

Not anticpating what undoubtedly will be a most unflattering picture of me later this week........

Well, I was late leaving the tire shop (had to put new tires on the truck at 27k miles because of a bad factory alignment and neglect on my part... I never rotated the Generals it came with), and Sixty was also running late... so we missed each other today. <_<

Yup, I met up with GM1, Blathazar, Black & Blue, Camino & Ocnblu over the course of the weekend. Got home @ 9:30am yesterday. Still beat from driving 1200 miles in three days. It was SOOO worth it. Pics. will be forthcoming. :)

Yup, I met up with GM1, Blathazar, Black & Blue, Camino & Ocnblu over the course of the weekend.

Got home @ 9:30am yesterday. Still beat from driving 1200 miles in three days. It was SOOO worth it. Pics. will be forthcoming.

Sweet!

BTW...1200 miles in 3 days? That's nothin' ;). He he he

Seriously...good to see you posting again ... welcome home!

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"Welcome me to stay overnight" ... Ingrim Hill ... 'Will I Ever Make It Home?'

welcome back Sixty8 was wondering what happened to ya! anyways how bad did you get it from the girlfriend? i hope it wasnt too bad. hope you had a good time. its a shame ocnblu couldnt have made it out, i think that would have been a shitload of fun. there's always next time

Yup, there IS always next time. Marcia was pretty cool about the whole thing. I mean I left at 4:00am on Friday and told her I'd be back late Saturday and after all was said and done I finally pulled into my driveway in the Datsun at 9:30am monday. As KnightFan said 1200 miles in 72 hours is not very impressive driving wise, considering how many things I did and how many peoepl I met up with though I think I packed in every ounce of fun humanly possible. As of yesterday C&G was inaccesible to me due to the fact that anything I did caused an ERROR message. Couldn't post, add reply, PM... nothing. As long as this problem is solved you'll see the complete log of my trip on here shortly. :)

Ocnblu:

Yeah, everything is fine now, but I'm still perplexed as to WTF was wrong to begin with. :huh:

Im sorry I missed this one, I would have copiloted, I need a little leave of absence, way too much rain, my world is a mud pit.

[post="44514"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You too huh? I'm real sick of it too... maybe I'll trade the beat up Volvo for a Canoe.... it would make more sense with the way my driveway looks right now.

I'd love to visit you Razor, there's always next time. :) Edited by Sixty8panther

Ocnblu:

Yeah, everything is fine now, but I'm still perplexed as to WTF was wrong to begin with.  :huh:
You too huh? I'm real sick of it too... maybe I'll trade the beat up Volvo for a Canoe.... it would make more sense with the way my driveway looks right now.

I'd love to visit you Razor, there's always next time. :)

[post="44700"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Grand Am Rolex Series
May 27-29 2006
LIME ROCK PARK
Lime Rock Park
Lakeville, CT

We are planning on this weekend, the classics are great and fun and interesting but this is the pros and very serious. Pontiacs battleing it out agianst Lexus, BMW's, Fords, Porsche, it just dont get any better.

Think about it :AH-HA_wink:

As KnightFan said 1200 miles in 72 hours is not very impressive driving wise, considering how many things I did and how many peoepl I met up with though I think I packed in every ounce of fun humanly possible.

Sure sounds like you did!

Yeah, the mileage wasn't all that spectacular, but the # of people you met ... and all that you did ... was certainly impressive!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow... cool Razor. That's a very good possibility. It's esp. tempting because there's a good chance the Ponchos will kick some Lexus butt! I'll write it in my calendar. :) Remind me again in the spring just in case I forget.