I got a new car

siegen

Yes, I got a new car. I needed something a little bigger, more practical, and not so racy. I like the TSX but it just wasn't meant to be after all, maybe in a few years when the V6 and SH-AWD are available. I still have my Integra but I intend to sell it.

So what is it? Well for that you guys are going to have to guess. I'll give a hint and a picture: It has 48,997 miles on it.

carteaser01.jpg

What did I buy?

Lol, nope not a Monte Carlo. blackviper is getting warmer.

Here's a second hint:

carteaser02.jpg

The winner needs to guess the make, model, and year. ;-]

The prize is a lifetime supply of air, complements of Enron.

Edited by siegen

So we know it is an Audi with a 3 liter engine, so I guess A6 3.2 AVANT 2004.

Nope. blackviper's last guess was pretty close though.

The car is dirty right now, otherwise I would have posted pictures. I am setting up a detail appointment (free) at the dealership for Thursday. The car was only on the lot a few days and I snatched it up (the dealer knew I was looking for it and called me when they got it on trade), so it didn't get detailed or cleaned.

It has all of the options for its year, except for the rear sun screens and onstar. Came with both all-season and regular oem floor mats. It has Borla mufflers, which are the only thing that have been modified on it that I can tell. They aren't loud but make the engine a little beefier sounding, I love it. It is in immaculate condition too (took me 2 months to find one this nice).

Mmmm, that was a good sandwich.

Ok. It's really dirty so don't judge! I can't wait to get it detailed. The dealership is going to spend all day, including cleaning the underside of the car. I have some product I will probably use on it too (Klasse, Claybar, etc).

It has the sport package which lowers it 20mm compared to the base model. It drives so nice. I paid $16,323 for it. The dealer I got it from sold it new to the original owner and it has been maintained at that dealer its whole life. Not to mention it has only racked up about 8k miles per year, which is way below average. It has the original window sticker, which has an MSRP of $40,000. Needless to say, finding this car in its condition with the 3.0l engine, 6-speed manual, loaded, and with quattro was extremely lucky.

Plans I have for the car include painting the lower plastic trim to match (comes painted on 2005 models), getting the S-Line trunk lip spoiler, and removing the mud flaps. Otherwise it is perfect for me.

30quattro.jpg

myaudia4-02t.jpg

myaudia4-01t.jpg

myaudia4-03t.jpg

Edit: It has HID too.

Edited by siegen

I was close enough. I figured it was an Avant since you mentioned practicality. :P

Nice Audi.

The avant is the wagon version. There was one I looked at, but in that year I don't like the tail lights on the avant, so I stuck with the sedan. I may get one of those removable snowboard racks so I can take it up to the pass though. The back seat pass-through designed for skies doesn't quite fit a snowboard, at least one with boot bindings.

Edit: I may look into getting the optional 18" wheels that were available in 2003. Depending on how expensive they are.

Edited by siegen

Siegen, in your euphoria you forgot blanking the tag in the third picture. I haz now find u! :P

Ah crap! Well I'm not so paranoid as I used to be with my Integra. It's nice not having such an attention getting car anymore.

Nice one, Seigen. Good luck getting paint to stick to the textured lower body trim, though. I'd be scared to do it.

I would have it professionally done. On the 2005 year, it comes painted from the factory, but on 2002-2004 it is unpainted. It will probably cost a good chunk of change to have a quality job done, but it's something I will look into down the road.

How does it drive?

I've wanted to try an Audi for some time now. A bigger one, though. :AH-HA_wink:

It drives excellent. Softer ride than my Integra (no surprise there), but handles really well too. Great brakes. The engine has superb power. It is rated to 6.9s 0-60 and 15.2 1/4, but I won't be able to really test it until I get used to the clutch. I'm sure those numbers can be exceeded easily with a good launch, they are factory numbers after all. The clutch has a long pedal throw and is tricky to shift fast. I'm starting to get the hang of it. My Integra's clutch pedal throw is nearly half the distance. At first I really disliked the feel of the manual transmission in the various A4's I drove while shopping, and the automatic has 1st gear hunting issues so I scratched that off my list early on. But I did get used to the manual after driving a few of them for a while.

The steering is well assisted. It is easier to steer in a parking lot than my Integra and Civic were, but not as easy as my old Buick was. I think it is an excellent balance. Driving on the freeway is comfortable and I don't find myself making corrections much. It has good road feel, although it's not quite as connected as my Integra was (again, no surprise, my teg had Type R suspension).

Ok. It's really dirty so don't judge! I can't wait to get it detailed. The dealership is going to spend all day, including cleaning the underside of the car. I have some product I will probably use on it too (Klasse, Claybar, etc).

It has the sport package which lowers it 20mm compared to the base model. It drives so nice. I paid $16,323 for it. The dealer I got it from sold it new to the original owner and it has been maintained at that dealer its whole life. Not to mention it has only racked up about 8k miles per year, which is way below average. It has the original window sticker, which has an MSRP of $40,000. Needless to say, finding this car in its condition with the 3.0l engine, 6-speed manual, loaded, and with quattro was extremely lucky.

Plans I have for the car include painting the lower plastic trim to match (comes painted on 2005 models), getting the S-Line trunk lip spoiler, and removing the mud flaps. Otherwise it is perfect for me.

30quattro.jpg

myaudia4-02t.jpg

myaudia4-01t.jpg

myaudia4-03t.jpg

nice car! hope this means your honda love dies now!

The avant is the wagon version. There was one I looked at, but in that year I don't like the tail lights on the avant, so I stuck with the sedan. I may get one of those removable snowboard racks so I can take it up to the pass though. The back seat pass-through designed for skies doesn't quite fit a snowboard, at least one with boot bindings.

That's what I was saying, figured you would have gotten the wagon for its added practicality. The sedan is a better choice if you don't need the space, anyways. :P

That's what I was saying, figured you would have gotten the wagon for its added practicality. The sedan is a better choice if you don't need the space, anyways. :P

Ah I c!

I get it detailed tomorrow, and it's supposed to be sunny here Friday. Hopefully I can get some good shots with a nice background. :]

Correct!

Now the rest of the vehicle is.......

I'm gonna go buy a sandwich. Then I think I may post some pictures after lunch. I'm surprised DF hasn't posted yet, he must be AFK. :neenerneener:

:neenerneener: Back at you Dud, :D Work got me tied up and as we can all respect, keeping the job is formost. But Congrats that is a nice ride even though it is not American ;):neenerneener:

:smilies-38096:

30quattro.jpg

myaudia4-02t.jpg

myaudia4-01t.jpg

myaudia4-03t.jpg

:neenerneener: You funny man, I just realized you live in my state, Washington. I work in Downtown Kirkland. Nice job on blanking out the back license numbers. OOPS, I think you forgot about the front plate! :neenerneener:

So where are you located?

I'm in Everett, WA.

They probably give me new plates anyway when I go to get tabs. They did that with my old car.

Wow, your a stone throw from where I live in mountlake Terrace. Too funny.

So what does the 18 inch rims look like? The link says it is password protected and so I cannot see them.

So glad you found what you were looking for, always nice to get a ride that one can enjoy driving.

Wow, your a stone throw from where I live in mountlake Terrace. Too funny.

So what does the 18 inch rims look like? The link says it is password protected and so I cannot see them.

So glad you found what you were looking for, always nice to get a ride that one can enjoy driving.

Here is a link that should work.

My car is getting detailed today, I'll have it back in the morning. They gave me a 2007 A4 with 2.0L and 6-speed manual as a loner. Let me just say, it makes me like my car a lot more. The 2.0L turbo is very coarse, and it doesn't develop a lot of power unless you really lay into it. The transmission on the newer models seem to be more to my liking though, with shorter throws and a shorter clutch pedal throw.