So what did you learn today?

Satty

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, posting pictures of that bridge is not good for people that suffer from gephyrophobia!! I have a very difficult time driving over the Delaware Memorial Bridge - when I went to visit the Wilmington (Kappa) Plant two years ago with my SKY I almost freaked out b/c the top was down and I was completely exposed to the bridge :mind-blowing: I will be driving over it again this week on a family trip to Washington DC... not looking forward to driving over it, and might just make my wife handle this part of the trip. Yes, I am being serious and not joking at all.

I HATED DRIVING OVER THAT BRIDGE TOO!

We stayed in NJ (hated that) and had to work in Wilmington and that bridge was bad.

At least you dont have to go over the California State Route 92

You know, posting pictures of that bridge is not good for people that suffer from gephyrophobia!! I have a very difficult time driving over the Delaware Memorial Bridge - when I went to visit the Wilmington (Kappa) Plant two years ago with my SKY I almost freaked out b/c the top was down and I was completely exposed to the bridge :mind-blowing: I will be driving over it again this week on a family trip to Washington DC... not looking forward to driving over it, and might just make my wife handle this part of the trip. Yes, I am being serious and not joking at all.

A kind of funny story related to fear of bridges, but years ago we went to Colorado for a family vacation and took our dog Wizard with. He went with us to a park in downtown Denver, to the top of Pikes Peak, walking through Garden of the Gods...all over the place. One of our last tops was the Royal Gorge Bridge in Canon City. We put him on his leash and he got out and was all excited to go for a walk until we got the bridge. He walked out onto it about 10 steps and then looked through the cracks to the canyon below and wouldn't budge. We tried to show him that it was ok by walking further ahead and waving our arms to come, but he wouldn't move an inch. Finally, my dad picked him up and had to carry him all the way across the bridge (he was a medium sized dog, about 35 lbs). I imagine that bridge is probably the worst thing in the world for gephyrophobiacs!

No chore will ever suck more than changing a litter box.

I can think of several...I've had to fix lift stations, which are basically pits with electric pumps to store and move crap/raw sewage.

Pumping one out and replacing the motors is about eleventy billion times worse than a litter box.

Chris

I learned I may be getting a new engine soon :thumbsup:

I also learned that my mechanic is very nice...offering to lend me his truck to go pick it up.

How is that project coming...the Intrepid needs to be back on the road, dammit...

Chris

Try it on a motorcycle. I have several friends that ride, and they tell me a big bridge with a bike is a lot of fun, esp. with the wind blowing.

My friend Rick was talking the other day about the Macinaw bride in Michigan, which has those grates where you can look strait down 200 feet into the water, and how much fun it was to ride over that!

Personally, I think bridges and tunnels with a roadster are a blast...

Chris

That MSN Messenger is pretty much the 21st century telephone and that someone going offline without replying to a simple question feels like someone hanging up the phone on you: total lack of manners...

Edited by ZL-1

MSN Messenger is so 1998. :neenerneener:

We're using Office Communicator enterprise-wide at my current client...it's pretty well integrated into Outlook/Exchange and Net Meeting.

My most recent client before was using Lotus Notes, which is pretty dated compared to newer products.

I also have a previous client that used Skype for it's IM client, not bad, esp. with the mix of Macs and Windows machines in the office.

At home I have AIM, Yahoo Messenger, Google Gmail Messenger, Windows Live Messenger but find I don't use them that much anymore, find myself using Twitter and Facebook more..

Rob

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Is ICQ still around? That was the first messenger service I used, way back in '97. Pretty much everybody used it back then. Then AOL and MSN came out with newer versions with better features and suddenly ICQ was the red-headed stepchild of the instant messengers. But the great thing about ICQ was that random people from around the world could easily message you.

Is ICQ still around? That was the first messenger service I used, way back in '97. Pretty much everybody used it back then. Then AOL and MSN came out with newer versions with better features and suddenly ICQ was the red-headed stepchild of the instant messengers. But the great thing about ICQ was that random people from around the world could easily message you.

I think still is...I haven't used it in a loooooong time. The first chat software I used was IRC on UNIX computers in college in around 1989-1990.

Rob

i learned that if using your homemade launcher to shoot mortar type fireworks, if the tube included is of thicker and more reinforced material there is a good chance yours wont hold up. i also learned how to treat powder and 1st degree burns :lol:

Damn, Cletus, that's two of us that have gone and done something stupid to ourselves.<br /><br />I learned that at the animal shelter my daughter Joanna works at...when a cat jumps up on your injured hand and digs in its claws...it hurts...<br /><br />Chris

Edited by 66Stang

It took me getting food poisoning to drive that point home, but yes.

In addition to electrical and HVAC items, I do repair resteraunt equip. I can tell you what goes on with a lot of resteraunts...but you'd end up eating at home a lot!

Chris

• 6 months later...

I don't think that really ends it per say.... more like pauses it.

Nah, sometimes you just have to say something completely asinine to get people to see that the argument in which they're engaged is one that neither side can win. Hell, I once ended a discussion on eBay fraud by saying, "Haven't you ever seen Operation Dumbo Drop?"