Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

If you get one someday...

gm4life

What would you order or select?

Personally I would be having a hard time deciding on the ease of an automatic or fun of a manual. I have lots of hills in my town and because the SS with the automatic is said to get 0-60 in only 4.7 seconds (same an a manual) it would be even harder for me, plus 1 mpg better on the highway. Also with the tap shift that makes it even harder for me to pick one, but the same 0-60 doesn't add up since the L99 automatic cars have 26 less hp, anyone know what gives? Or is the new 6L80 that "performance style" of tranny? I would personally get a 1SS coupe with either a stick or auto, and maybe the RS package, if I got a 1SS without the RS package I would consider the polished wheels instead. As for racing stripes I would pass on them, because I have seen photos from auto shows where they appear to be coming off already, and it just makes the car stick out even more to the police! :scratchchin:

If I did a V6 it would be a stripper LS or a 1LT with the RS package. (I almost positive I would go right for the V8 anyways!)

As for color selection now that you can get Aqua Blue on the SS too... I would get Aqua Blue, Summit White or Victory Red with black cloth interior.

So what would you get?

If you need help on features and what cars will have what use this...

2010 Camaro Builder

FYI Aqua Blue can be put now on all SS models and I think IBM can be too. (imperial blue metallic)

Edited by gm4life

Well I know I'm buying a Challenger R/T with the Track Pak for my first new car. With that in mind I'm debating whether or not to compliment it with a V8 Camaro or V6 Camaro, and if it should be automatic or manual (since the Challenger would be manual). It would have the RS package either way though.

Well I know I'm buying a Challenger R/T with the Track Pak for my first new car. With that in mind I'm debating whether or not to compliment it with a V8 Camaro or V6 Camaro, and if it should be automatic or manual (since the Challenger would be manual). It would have the RS package either way though.

Yes that is the hard part stick or automatic. On the Challenger R/T I would go stick because of the extra gear in a heart-beat. As for the motor I had said I would consider a six cylinder LS or LT RS but what the hell the insurance would be high on a V6 anyways might as well go for the 8. The tranny is where I would have a tough selection and the RS package on a 1SS.

I'm not too familiar with the option packages, but I'd get myself a 3.6L with a stick if that's possible. An RS package with the big wheels, and better looks would also be ticked.

You can certainly do that! Now you would have to select a 1LT or 2LT.

I will post the above in my first Camaro builder to help you out, the only thing not correct is Aqua Blue can be selected on all SS models now.

When I get mine, it'll be a 2SS (non-RS) with 6 Speed Manual, Power Sunroof, (possibly Navigation,) and HUD. I'll either get it in Aqua Blue Metallic or Inferno Orange Metallic (with orange-accented interior).

First two mods I do though will be RS headlights (I don't want the RS package.. I just want the damn HID/halo/projector headlights!) and an exhaust system because I know GM and their exhausts are way too restrictive and quiet for what I want. Possibly headers too.

When I get mine, it'll be a 2SS (non-RS) with 6 Speed Manual, Power Sunroof, (possibly Navigation,) and HUD. I'll either get it in Aqua Blue Metallic or Inferno Orange Metallic (with orange-accented interior).

First two mods I do though will be RS headlights (I don't want the RS package.. I just want the damn HID/halo/projector headlights!) and an exhaust system because I know GM and their exhausts are way too restrictive and quiet for what I want. Possibly headers too.

I have heard vids of the exhaust and it is okay but could be ALOT better I am sure. Why don't you like the RS package other than HID and red SS badges and door sill plates its the same car? Save for a spoiler or RS badging on a V6 car.

I have heard vids of the exhaust and it is okay but could be ALOT better I am sure. Why don't you like the RS package other than HID and red SS badges and door sill plates its the same car? Save for a spoiler or RS badging on a V6 car.

Because it'll save me $1200 minus the cost of headlights. I'll just buy the same headlights on my own and save the extra cash. The car's already gonna be close to $40k for me...

Because it'll save me $1200 minus the cost of headlights. I'll just buy the same headlights on my own and save the extra cash. The car's already gonna be close to $40k for me...

Oh you think you'll be able to get them for alot less than 1,200? (Knowing you, you prolly have a plan.) I know your getting a nice Camaro if my son or I get one it would be a "cheap" SS for the power and Brembo's! :AH-HA_wink:

I want mine simple...LS w/ RS package, auto, sunroof, stripe Package....

I just want to enjoy driving it around.....

Sorry Dave see the Camaro builder, you cannot order an LS with an RS package the LS only have a few options like floor mats and an automatic etc. You can get a 1LT with that pacakge tho.

If they build the convertible:

2LT automatic, either yellow or orange

If they dont build the convertible:

Mustang GT convertible, candy apple red, spoiler delete

Actually, the Mustang could win out even if they do produce the Camaro vert.

Why no SS Satty on the Camaro when you want a Stang GT? Also the 'vert is coming in spring 2010 as a 2011 model year, so you'll be able to get one and I hope you do.

Price

I'm assuming the 2010 Mustang prices will stay $500-$1000 over what the 2009s are. If so, that puts my Mustang around $35,000. The Camaro Builder puts my 2LT RS at around $32,000, over $36,000 for the 1SS. Add at least $3000 on top of that to make the top drop, probably more since the price difference between coupe and convertible on the 2009 Mustang is almost $5000.

Price

I'm assuming the 2010 Mustang prices will stay $500-$1000 over what the 2009s are. If so, that puts my Mustang around $35,000. The Camaro Builder puts my 2LT RS at around $32,000, over $36,000 for the 1SS. Add at least $3000 on top of that to make the top drop, probably more since the price difference between coupe and convertible on the 2009 Mustang is almost $5000.

True, but the Camaro comes with IRS so you know it will handle worlds better.

I'd opt for a SS/RS with a stick in the dark blue, no sunroof. I wouldn't mind the stripes, but I think I'd prefer to have the '60s style bumblebee stripe around the nose.

Then I need some retro performance part stickers for the rear windows... like Hi-Jackers and stuff.

My father had a '67 dark blue manual SS/RS that, IIRC, originally had the nose stripe. Now that he's gone, I'd kill to get his car back in an effort to try to reconnect a bit.

Perhaps the new Camaro might be as close as I can get.

I'd opt for a SS/RS with a stick in the dark blue, no sunroof. I wouldn't mind the stripes, but I think I'd prefer to have the '60s style bumblebee stripe around the nose.

Then I need some retro performance part stickers for the rear windows... like Hi-Jackers and stuff.

My father had a '67 dark blue manual SS/RS that, IIRC, originally had the nose stripe. Now that he's gone, I'd kill to get his car back in an effort to try to reconnect a bit.

Perhaps the new Camaro might be as close as I can get.

Indeed it would be, you can get some different stripe options yes.

I love my current generation Mustang GT. The 5 speed stick shifts better than many GM manuals, the engine, while not as powerful as a chevy LS V8, is smooth loud has lots of personality and is plenty powerful enough. I've alwasy been a huge GM fan but I branched out and got the stang because I wanted a Pony car that was thoroghly modern.

That being said I figure I will be in the market for a replacment in about another two years, basically when my girlfriend graduates from college so she can start sharing the bills.

When that time rolls around I will be looking at the Camaro and the Mustang. Initially I was 100 percent chevy but after living with my mustang for a while and really enjoying it, plus reading how much more refined the new 2010 stang is and how quick it is and how well it handles with the track pack (despite how small the power upgrade was) I was brought back to about 50/50.

Also, while I give the chevy a small lead in exterior style I like the new Mustang interior much more.

Lastly the mustang has a huge ace up its sleave that could seal the deal. if in 2011 the mustang gets the cyote 5.0 32v 400hp V8 as the new GT v8 I seriosly doubt the comaro will be able to keep up. the 2010 mustang does 0-60 in 4.9 with the track pack and only 315 hp. the comaro is expected to do 0-60 in 4.7. I seriorsly doubt the comaro will be faster when the stang upgrades by 85 hp.

We shall see.

They way I'd like my Camaro GM will not make it... <_<

Top three complaints:

1. Yes, of course I despise the B-pillar

2. I"d want a modern day COPO: biggest motor

& manual trans w/ ZERO power options.

3. I still wish it had the '69's fenders & headlights.

(that's being REAL picky)

But in the real world the cheapest V8/manual tranny

model combined with a hardtop conversion would

make me happier than a tornado in a trailerpark.

Previews have said the Camaro handles like no pony car, but like that of a tourer.

And that is a good thing. :)

They way I'd like my Camaro GM will not make it... <_<

Top three complaints:

... I despise the B-pillar (who would have guessed?)

If the 'Central Office' were smart and had any sense of history they'd do exactly as you suggest.

Only when it's 25 years old and with 150k miles. That's how he rolls.. :)

Moltar: :lol:

I appreciate the ever-presant friendly digg about

my constant purchases of cars ranging from FREE

to $3500... I DID have payments once, it was on

a five year old (1997 m.y. in 2002) Cadillac, and

*GASP* it was financed by myself through a

credit union, at 6.75% for five years (60 months)

and guess what?

It gave me LESS satisfaction (money aside) than

the average beater-classic I've been driving

over the past few years.

You know what?

Many people (here on C&G and in the REAL world)

fuc*ing WISH they had ZERO car payments going

into a nasty economic downturn.

I have four cars in my driveway, and not one nut,

washer, bolt or ounce of fluid in any of them was

bought on DEBT.

CA$H on the barrell.

That's how I roll, & untill GM builds something that

is both affordable AND more desirable than a

classic car or truck I can pick up off Craigslist for

$700 -to- $3000 I WILL keep on doin how I do.

Still, I HAVE admited that even with the B-pillar

depression still fresh on my mind & the recent

nosedive of an already floundering economy I

do at times daydream about buying a 5th Gen.

Camaro... even if I had to wait till it was paidoff

to eliminate the B-pillar.

If there's one NEW car I can both afford and I

really do LUST after the Camaro is IT!

Moltar: :lol:

I appreciate the ever-presant friendly digg about

my constant purchases of cars ranging from FREE

to $3500... I DID have payments once, it was on

a five year old (1997 m.y. in 2002) Cadillac, and

*GASP* it was financed by myself through a

credit union, at 6.75% for five years (60 months)

and guess what?

It gave me LESS satisfaction (money aside) than

the average beater-classic I've been driving

over the past few years.

You know what?

Many people (here on C&G and in the REAL world)

fuc*ing WISH they had ZERO car payments going

into a nasty economic downturn.

I have four cars in my driveway, and not one nut,

washer, bolt or ounce of fluid in any of them was

bought on DEBT.

CA$H on the barrell.

That's how I roll, & untill GM builds something that

is both affordable AND more desirable than a

classic car or truck I can pick up off Craigslist for

$700 -to- $3000 I WILL keep on doin how I do.

Still, I HAVE admited that even with the B-pillar

depression still fresh on my mind & the recent

nosedive of an already floundering economy I

do at times daydream about buying a 5th Gen.

Camaro... even if I had to wait till it was paidoff

to eliminate the B-pillar.

If there's one NEW car I can both afford and I

really do LUST after the Camaro is IT!

I agree the Camaro is it.

When that time rolls around I will be looking at the Camaro and the Mustang. Initially I was 100 percent chevy but after living with my mustang for a while and really enjoying it, plus reading how much more refined the new 2010 stang is and how quick it is and how well it handles with the track pack (despite how small the power upgrade was) I was brought back to about 50/50.

This is why the F-bod hiatus was very damaging... most of the fans went to Mustangs, and found the blue oval wasn't so bad. Now it will be somewhat difficult to get them back.

Get a 'body in white' and start perusing the GMPP catalog. I wonder what the BIW Camaros will price out for.

I wholeheartedly with your later post about paying cash on the barrel. I financed my '99 Bonne in '04 and even bought the warranty for 36K or three years to develop my credit and to get a modern car like my father wanted me to.

Well, I put 40K on the car the first year... Warranty gone. It was as reliable as my older cars and soon I ended up replacing parts just l did on my older cars... The final payment is next month. I will FINALLY own it. Its now 193K and worth about $900. It just spent three months in my driveway as I casually replaced almost every gasket, filter, plug and sensor on the engine.

The next car, a 2004 Grand Prix Comp-G... uh, paid cash for.

Granted, I still want a G8 GXP, and I would have to finance that... but I still like the idea of buying a 30 year old Craigs List special for $700, if it wasn't for the Jersey rust curse.