New Large Offical 2009.5 G6 Photographs!

I know I am in the minority around here but I really like the updated G6 alot, way better than the old one. MCE has improved the front and rear along with center stack, and gauges. Also you can get a 4 cylinder six speed automatic in the coupe and that is standard and optional on the sedan with the sports package. All GT models can now run on FLEX FUEL E85 with the 3.5L V6. So here come the photos...

3199972168_3a6d05b8a6_b.jpg

3199972400_bfd6a04941_a.jpg

3199972454_631a216688_b.jpg

3199126811_d54b164da1_b.jpg

3199972784_437ac92709_b.jpg

3199126831_4abdae498e_b.jpg

3199972668_1477949312_b.jpg

3199972576_6ee5782b33_b.jpg

3199972944_bc58aafe6a_b.jpg

3199972838_f6fabf79f5_b.jpg

3199972970_9ac9b85835_b.jpg

Edited by gm4life

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, you posted the same photo like 5 times.

Actually it is a different photograph all together, look closely. Although similar I just wanted to give you everything I had. I know it still isn't up to Malibu par but I bet it will help some with sales, and it would give me reason to consider a G6 seriously if I was in the market for a new car of that size along with the Malibu.

I love how they have a photo of the 3.9 and not the 3.6. EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!

Why couldn't they have spent like $50 on the interior? I mean that is the sedan's biggest downfall.

I just love the exterior design, and the interior with the black tie radio is much better. They improved the interior some, I think but what would you have done for 50 bucks DF? :scratchchin:

I just love the exterior design, and the interior with the black tie radio is much better. They improved the interior some, I think but what would you have done for 50 bucks DF? :scratchchin:

Bought $50 worth of gas and set it on fire?

$50 = sarcasm just so you know.

However I'm dead serious that they should have spend real money on redoing the interior. That's what needs work the most, yet all they did was change out the radio? Woopie!

EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, while the nose is an improvement, it's far too little for what the car needs to actually be competitive.

The high quality pictures do make the changes look better, but they needed to change the headlight cluster... IMHO, the headlights should have had the top lopped off of it for a more aggressive look, and a bit of a styling nod to the G8.

3199972168_3a6d05b8a6_b.jpg

From this angle it actually looks pretty good...but too bad the rest of the car (both coupe and vert) has some of the worst proportions in GM's lineup.

The sedan looks alright, but compared with the Malibu it'd never get my vote...especially with that interior.

Truth be told if could get any G6 it would be a coupe with a 4 cylinder and six speed automatic, I love the rear end and the proportions. The new restyled sedan is much better but I would still get a sedan due to family duties.

For the right price, I would still consider one, lame or not.

The look has finally grown on me, and I like the new nose.

While not bad, I could live with it every day.....

I couldn't agree more, I love the new front end, center stack and gauges. Its a neat looking car.

I agree they could have done more, but the 50 to 3000 comparison is a little extreme isn't it.

How is it extreme in the least? Do you know how little certain things cost, on a per car basis, when allocated over volume? $50 per car is TINY, but if it went into upgrading the interior, consumer perceptions would be much improved. GM has admitted that one of its biggest mistakes in the past was allocating a budget for a car, and then focusing on the exterior to the extent that all overruns in other design/engineering areas came out of the interior budget. Guess what, you spend far more time in an interior, and appreciate the interior far more than the exterior. Exterior only turns heads. How many of those heads are snapped so much that they want to plop down $$,$$$ for a vehicle with a $h!ty interior?

But what about people who drive a blandmobile with an incredible interior, with storage and controls in all the right places? A car with an inspiring rear seat? You buy one of those, and shuttle your friends around in it, and you'll get compliments on it constantly. My 3.5 Aurora is a great example of this..."sleeper," though pretty exterior, good proportions, etc., but completely invisible to cops. But the interior is very nice, even for rear-seat passengers. Hell, it's even comfortable, with loads of legroom. And when they see first-hand the performance the V6 packs, and hear about the great fuel economy, I hear "damn, too bad they still don't make these anymore!"

More often than not, though, I don't even have to give a sales pitch. 95% of the time I am about 5 minutes into the carpool, and I hear "Wow, you have a REALLY nice car--I never would have expected it!"

Contrast that to the G6, a car that feels like it was designed by Fisher-Price, especially in the backseat...yeah you won't hear any of those kind of compliments.

The look has finally grown on me, and I like the new nose.

I have very little problems with the exterior. Even the old exterior was fine with me...especially since they pretty much just changed the front bumper. Why not invest ALL of the $$$ into the car's biggest weakness: its substandard, rudimentary interior. Guess what, fewer incentives needed to sell it, and numbers will go up.

Look at what has happened with the SRX: the year they upgraded the interior and changed virtually NOTHING about the exterior, numbers improved dramatically.

I took the wife's '08 G6 V6 Sedan out last night to pickup our pizza order and I must say that I find the car to be good at what it is - affordable, uplevel-basic transportation. Having owned a '04 Malibu LT and currently leasing an '07 AURA XE (both, like the G6, with the 3.5L V6 and four-speed auto trans), there isn't much noticable difference in their driving performance between the three in my opinion. I will say that the '04 Malibu and the G6 interiors are of the same quality (Fisher-Price as many stated, though I don't think it's as bad) and the '08 Malibu shares the upgraded interior first offered in the AURA. I find the G6 to be a solid contender in this field and it offers a ton of features & value in an athletic-inspired exterior design. And the fact that it is one of Pontiac's best sellers and I see them everywhere I go, I can't possible fathom that many outside of C&G agree with the distaste for the G6. It is what it is, and it is good at what it is.

DSCN7119.jpg

DSCN7121.jpg

I took the wife's '08 G6 V6 Sedan out last night to pickup our pizza order and I must say that I find the car to be good at what it is - affordable, uplevel-basic transportation. Having owned a '04 Malibu LT and currently leasing an '07 AURA XE (both, like the G6, with the 3.5L V6 and four-speed auto trans), there isn't much noticable difference in their driving performance between the three in my opinion. I will say that the '04 Malibu and the G6 interiors are of the same quality (Fisher-Price as many stated, though I don't think it's as bad) and the '08 Malibu shares the upgraded interior first offered in the AURA. I find the G6 to be a solid contender in this field and it offers a ton of features & value in an athletic-inspired exterior design. And the fact that it is one of Pontiac's best sellers and I see them everywhere I go, I can't possible fathom that many outside of C&G agree with the distaste for the G6. It is what it is, and it is good at what it is.

DSCN7119.jpg

DSCN7121.jpg

I love your G6 including its color, and all the chrome. Personally I think you picked out a great car and agree the interior isn't perfect but not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

How is it extreme in the least? Do you know how little certain things cost, on a per car basis, when allocated over volume? $50 per car is TINY, but if it went into upgrading the interior, consumer perceptions would be much improved. GM has admitted that one of its biggest mistakes in the past was allocating a budget for a car, and then focusing on the exterior to the extent that all overruns in other design/engineering areas came out of the interior budget. Guess what, you spend far more time in an interior, and appreciate the interior far more than the exterior. Exterior only turns heads. How many of those heads are snapped so much that they want to plop down $$,$$$ for a vehicle with a $h!ty interior?

But what about people who drive a blandmobile with an incredible interior, with storage and controls in all the right places? A car with an inspiring rear seat? You buy one of those, and shuttle your friends around in it, and you'll get compliments on it constantly. My 3.5 Aurora is a great example of this..."sleeper," though pretty exterior, good proportions, etc., but completely invisible to cops. But the interior is very nice, even for rear-seat passengers. Hell, it's even comfortable, with loads of legroom. And when they see first-hand the performance the V6 packs, and hear about the great fuel economy, I hear "damn, too bad they still don't make these anymore!"

More often than not, though, I don't even have to give a sales pitch. 95% of the time I am about 5 minutes into the carpool, and I hear "Wow, you have a REALLY nice car--I never would have expected it!"

Contrast that to the G6, a car that feels like it was designed by Fisher-Price, especially in the backseat...yeah you won't hear any of those kind of compliments.

I still think it would cost more than 50 to have be able to charge an extra 3000.

I see lots of 'em around here. They are still a good looking car, imo. I would own the GT coupe with 18s any day. It continues to be GM's only midsize coupe. The updates are minor, and I wish they'd done something more with the taillights and decklid on the sedan, but all in all, this is still a clean, sensuous, genuine Pontiac.

I see lots of 'em around here. They are still a good looking car, imo. I would own the GT coupe with 18s any day. It continues to be GM's only midsize coupe. The updates are minor, and I wish they'd done something more with the taillights and decklid on the sedan, but all in all, this is still a clean, sensuous, genuine Pontiac.

:yes:

Yet you repeatedly bash the Solara, which is basically a 1st gen G6 coupe, styling wise. When it comes to powertrain and refinement, the Solara is like a 43rd generation G6.

I don't think I've ever bashed the Solara (I dunno, I can't remember all of the 10,000 posts I've made since I've been blogging) It's not because I hate the Solara, more because it's so forgettable that I seem to overlook it.

But now that you mention it, the Solara is a miserable chud of an appliance. The G6 has better proportions and the bumpers (at least pre 2009.5) don't look "tacked on from a guys garage at VTEC.net"

Besides... What does that have to do with anything? I'm supposed to subjectively like one because I like the other? WTFever, LOL.

Different strokes, but IMHO I think it's one of the worst, most ungainly proportioned coupes on the market.

I think that title belongs to the Altima coupe... I've likened it to the Ford Fairmont of the 21st century... What, with it's "a frame" dimensions and HUGE overbite/ass (complete with fake spare tire curvature)

:puke:

Just pointing out the rampant hypocrisy.

LMFAO... :rolleyes: Okay.... So, let me get this straight... I like the G6 coupe but not a completely different model from a completely different company and it's rampant hypocrisy?

Hypocrisy has no bearing on any of this. (Seriously, did you forget the definition?)

Better yet (to use your other common argument :yawn: ) I like a GM car just because it's a GM car on a GM board at which I post under the name FUTUREofGM... Yep... Lots of hypocrisy there!

You're basing it on looks, and they look almost identical, except the awkward proportions of the G6 convertible.

Same can be said for ANY modern car, especially the Asian imports. I like to look at them while they're lined up at the stoplight and notice things such as how the door handles are placed in EXACTLY the same fashion, how the window edges are cut EXACTLY the same way and how, if in gray, tan or white, one could easily pass for the other to the average buyer (an ignorance which probably plays to the companies strength)

I think that title belongs to the Altima coupe... I've likened it to the Ford Fairmont of the 21st century... What, with it's "a frame" dimensions and HUGE overbite/ass (complete with fake spare tire curvature)

:puke:

The Altima coupe is no looker, but proportionately it's better than the G6 coupe.

As for the Solara, the original was inoffensive. The current one, I like it up until you get to where the b-pillar...then it goes to hell. I can't say the G6 is better or worse....but the Solara has a way nicer interior.

LMFAO... :rolleyes: Okay.... So, let me get this straight... I like the G6 coupe but not a completely different model from a completely different company and it's rampant hypocrisy?

Hypocrisy has no bearing on any of this. (Seriously, did you forget the definition?)

Better yet (to use your other common argument :yawn: ) I like a GM car just because it's a GM car on a GM board at which I post under the name FUTUREofGM... Yep... Lots of hypocrisy there!

Same can be said for ANY modern car, especially the Asian imports. I like to look at them while they're lined up at the stoplight and notice things such as how the door handles are placed in EXACTLY the same fashion, how the window edges are cut EXACTLY the same way and how, if in gray, tan or white, one could easily pass for the other to the average buyer (an ignorance which probably plays to the companies strength)

You tell 'em FOG!

Funny thing is the G6 has always looked like a Japanese car with a Pontiac badge and grill and cheaper interior.

Why anyone would take it over GM's own better car equivalent cars is beyond me. Unless you just really like the look (for whatever reason) or want a FWD coupe or convertible and it's gotta be GM.

I have very little problems with the exterior. Even the old exterior was fine with me...especially since they pretty much just changed the front bumper. Why not invest ALL of the $$$ into the car's biggest weakness: its substandard, rudimentary interior. Guess what, fewer incentives needed to sell it, and numbers will go up.

Look at what has happened with the SRX: the year they upgraded the interior and changed virtually NOTHING about the exterior, numbers improved dramatically.

While I agree with your point-why waste money on a car that is not going to be around much longer?

I wouldn't waste the money either.....

Funny thing is the G6 has always looked like a Japanese car with a Pontiac badge and grill and cheaper interior.

Why anyone would take it over GM's own better car equivalent cars is beyond me. Unless you just really like the look (for whatever reason) or want a FWD coupe or convertible and it's gotta be GM.

It's called rebates, DF. :neenerneener:

Granted, I like the looks of the Malibu much more....