Nissan Moves to Nashville - It's Official

The O.C.

Hollywood is a great city for nightlife. It's also quite beautiful to drive through, in some areas. It is not much more than that. There are tons of fancy boutiques for shopping. Other than that, it is pretty rundown. I don't know totally what the draw of this city is? Chicago is fun, there's lots to do, everything is easily accessible, and people are walking everywhere so you get to experience the bustle. Plus, it's a spectacular city. Of course, Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset are fun to walk through, but that can get tedious. Definitely, Los Angeles is about the beaches and surrounding communities. Culver City is pretty nice, Santa Monica is beautiful and swanky, Manhattan Beach has lots of character, Laguna is like paradise, areas of the OC are like paradise, heck Malibu is paradise. Hollywood Hills and Beverly Hills are also quite beatiful to drive through. Wilshire Blvd, leading to LA and Santa Monica could be considered the center for business of the city, IDK...So if you're looking for hot weather, beautiful cars, and a lot of bustle, just no real center for that bustle, come to LA!

[post="43557"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Turbo, you hit it on the head.

People tend to compare cities like New York and Chicago with L.A. and you really can't do that easily because they are SO different.

The one downside may be that, yes, there is no defined "city center" like downtown Chicago and Manhattan. Yes, L.A. does have a "downtown" with tons of tall skyscrapers, which are mostly all modern and they actually present quite an attractive skyline, however, "downtown" L.A. is mostly a huge banking, finance, and pacific rim business center that rolls up the streets at night. Other than the wonderful Staples Center and the eclectic Fashion District, L.A. citylife extends far beyond the highrises of "downtown."

Now....if you ARE willing to drive, you can be EASILY overwhelmed by all the areas of interest around the greater southern California/L.A./Orange County area. And THAT provides the REAL attraction to L.A.

The flipside (good side) of that lack of a "city center?" Well, nightlife and culture can be found ALL over the southland.....with an intensity you don't even find that often in other big city suburbs in Chicago, Detroit, and N.Y. I live in O.C., about 45 minutes from downtown L.A. and an hour from Hollywood, but I don't HAVE to go up there for nightlife, bar scenes, or first-class dining. I can drive 10 minutes to Laguna Beach, 15 minutes to Newport Beach, or 30 minutes to Long Beach, etc., etc. OR, I can WALK up to the Aliso Viejo Towne Center and pick from a wide variety of restaurants and bars.

Turbo's right.....the beaches, the sun, the cars, the mountains, the "culture", the laid-back style mixed with fast-paced living......there really IS more to L.A. than "L.A." I tend to like it that way.....oh well, different strokes for different folks..... Edited by The O.C.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys want a different perspective on the southern California/Nashville debate, go to AutoExtremist.com and under the "The Mill" section there's a letter titled "Nissan Employees Misunderstood" from a gentleman that works in Product Planning for Nissan in Gardena. It's a good read and another perspective that ties in with my original posts on this thread.