Google StreetView uncovers split-window Corvette "barn find"

63_vette_barn4.jpg

This is no way to treat a 1963 Corvette split-window coupe. Found in Washington by one of Google StreetView's drones, there's actually no barn to this barn find, just a car left sitting in the gray mist that folks in the Pacific Northwest call "weather."

This Corvette had a 12-year shelf life, and then according to the owner, it's "been veggin' on the spot since '75." If you are interested, it's one of the fuel injected models and comes with an extra engine and other parts. Of course, if it's been sitting there for 34 years, it could fall to pieces when you try to move it... and you'll probably find more than a few dead (or perturbed) animals lurking thereabouts. But that wouldn't stop you, would it? Check out the gallery below of this forlorn '63 Vette.

Autoblog

That's funny... I didn't think fiberglass would "fall to pieces" (Unless struck by something)

That's an awesome find... That's THE most collectible Vette ever produced and the owner is just letting it sit there and rot.

:cheers: here's to hoping that someone with deep pockets gives it the home and love it deserves. (After all, it'll soon be one of the last examples of the great industry we HAD)

Well I mean look at the photo of the guy's house and driveway. It's as redneck/trashy as they come.

Yes..total slob. I'm glad I live in neighborhoods with covenants so their aren't people lowering the property values by having an unkempt yard full of broken down cars.

Edited by moltar

>>"I'm sure that's the case with every trash strewn yard then. "<<

Point is, you don't know which ones it's true for.

-- -- -- -- --

Lower property values potentially mean lower taxes... :P

I'd rather look at a '63 Corvette in 'drydock' as pictured above than a streetful of new toyotas & hondas.

Edited by balthazar

>>"I'm sure that's the case with every trash strewn yard then. "<<

.... than a streetful of new toyotas & hondas.

Got those here, but also a couple Cadillacs, 2 Lexuses, 4 Mercedes, a BMW 5-series, an Audi A4, a few pickups and SUVs, a yellow '65 Mustang, an '08 Mustang Bullitt, and a yellow '70s International Scout, in the garages, carports, and driveways on my street and the cul-de-sac. A couple streets over, there is a goregous white '62 Cadillac Sixty Special.

What a great find.

Now the bad news; the fiberglass is splitting along the back valance (and probably every other seam on the body) The split seams will allow water into the birdcage and frame/body supports. In short, the steel inside the fiberglass body of this car is more than likely GONE. This car will be cary an astronomical restoration bill if anyone will be willing to take it on.

'63 Corvettes are a one year only parts nightmare - I know this from experience on a split window that a friend restored, and his was stored indoors for years. Take any part cost and double it.

This car will be an absolute nightmare...and as a Corvette lover, I would love to see this car pulled out of that morons driveway and saved. I just hope to God it happens before the car becomes a pile of plastic and steel dust. The person's right was to allow the car to sit and rot. It is his car. How he has not been brought before a jury of his Corvette peers. found guilty, and then hung from a rope until he is dead for crimes against an automobile.

Yes..total slob. I'm glad I live in neighborhoods with covenants so their aren't people lowering the property values by having an unkempt yard full of broken down cars.

I'm glad I live in a neighborhood where no one's telling me what I can and can't do with my own property. That said, it's still a nice neighborhood.

I so HATE Google, nothing they really do is user friendly, Stupid Unix people. Even their street view is not easy to find.

If anyone has figured out where this is in washington I would be interested to know.

Thanks,

Took me all of 3 minutes. Whose the man? :ohyeah:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source....48956356736243

YOUR THE MAN! :smilewide:

I just do not seem to interface well with Google, just does not work with my way of thinking. Thank you for finding it.

908 S Ralph St, Spokane, WA, United States

Yup I know this area, if I get a chance I might just drive over to Spokane and check it out. One nice thing is that it is for the most part very dry there so not the wet rain we get on the west side of the mountains.

Would be a good restore project for a father and son team. :)

Edited by dfelt

I'd rather look at a '63 Corvette in 'drydock' as pictured above than a streetful of new toyotas & hondas.

If there was a quotable quotes thread, this would be the title. I'll second that one for sure