Opel to spin off, GM will retain stake

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And GMNA is doing even worse is it not? It's a shame the US Government doesn't care about it's auto industry. Unlike the German Government, which will stand behind theirs.

Well it is a recession on it's way to depression, if it's not already a depression ... Or haven't you heard? Sorry to state to obvious, I don't like to steal your thunder ... :P

Well that is your MO, PM and whisper bad things about C&G and the people who post here, the trouble is I cut off all PM's with you. I kept all your PM's, I like to reread them from time to time, right before I go to sleep, they really knock me out ...

atabloke? That name seems vaguely familiar, was he the one spouting off all that venom? Were you the one pulling his string? Tell me, where is he now? I haven't seen him in a while ...

Oh I don't worry about stocks, I won't need them for another 26 years. Time it seems is on my side, I'm not even 40 yet, soon, but not quite yet ... :smilewide:

Ok - Sure. Keep up the good work. You insight is invaluable. Thanks

And GMNA is doing even worse is it not? It's a shame the US Government doesn't care about it's auto industry. Unlike the German Government, which will stand behind theirs. Time it seems is on my side, I'm not even 40 yet, soon, but not quite yet ... :smilewide:Oh I don't worry about stocks, I won't need them for another 26 years.

You missed the memo. Tell a big enough lie long enough...

Merkel says Opel not systemically crucial-source

Wed Mar 4, 2009 10:20am GMT

Email |Print | Reprints

[-] Text [+]

BERLIN, March 4 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel told party colleagues that General Motors (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research) unit Opel was not systemically crucial to the German economy, a conservative official said on Wednesday.

Merkel made the comments at a party meeting on Tuesday, a CDU official who attended the meeting and requested anonymity told Reuters.

Ministers in Merkel's cabinet have frequently said that the government would not allow the failure of financial institutions deemed to be of "systemic relevance" to the German economy.

(Reporting by Andreas Moeser)

:deathwatch:

I see you're an optimist...in more ways than one. :AH-HA_wink:

:lol:

It would appear to this unbiased observer that it's not the industry that has the support rather the economy and more important perhaps the upcoming elections.

Don't confuse politics with your grandiose delusions. :toiletpaper:

Friedrich Thelen, former parliamentary editor of the business magazine Wirtschaftswoche and founder of Thelen Consult, a Berlin-based business advisory group, said that “all reasonable people” in the government reject an Opel bailout.
Edited by FloydHendershot

You missed the memo. Tell a big enough lie long enough...

Merkel says Opel not systemically crucial-source

Wed Mar 4, 2009 10:20am GMT

Email |Print | Reprints

[-] Text [+]

BERLIN, March 4 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel told party colleagues that General Motors (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research) unit Opel was not systemically crucial to the German economy, a conservative official said on Wednesday.

Merkel made the comments at a party meeting on Tuesday, a CDU official who attended the meeting and requested anonymity told Reuters.

Ministers in Merkel's cabinet have frequently said that the government would not allow the failure of financial institutions deemed to be of "systemic relevance" to the German economy.

(Reporting by Andreas Moeser)

:deathwatch:

I see you're an optimist...in more ways than one. :AH-HA_wink:

:lol:

It would appear to this unbiased observer that it's not the industry that has the support rather the economy and more important perhaps the upcoming elections.

Don't confuse politics with your grandiose delusions. :toiletpaper:

Being a optimist is better than being nieve. :yes:

Do you really think Chancellor Angela Merkel, who grew up in communist East Germany (She's an Eastie), won't support Opel when the time comes, you are mistaken. She is well aware that she is facing a general election in September, and her rival for the chancellorship, center-left Social Democrat Frank-Walter Steinmeier, is siding with Opel's workers. Steinmeier, foreign minister in Merkel's government, said the government must "review all options" to rescue Opel.

Merkel won't risk losing votes come September, as it is her coalition government is barely hanging on. Germany's Social Democrats could form an alliance with the radical Left Party that would force her out of office.

She'll pay the ransom money that GM and Opel demand, trust me, she has no choice ... :smilewide: