Cyclone, Breeze, Scirocco?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 2009 Lincoln MKS.....with a fake convertible top! AUUUUUGH!!! Will these people never learn?

Hey Ocn, how far in advance do you think about the titles of these monthly car spotter threads? Just curious.

Same here!

A light gold one, with one of the upgraded larger wheels, and then...gasp...a chocolate brown cloth (yes, cloth, with the little rivets on the back edge) top. Argh, the local old people and what they beg dealers to do for them on their new cars...

Had to go to Ace Hardware for some line for my string trimmer (spring cleaning of the yard today), saw a goregous dark green '71 Buick Centurion conv. w/ the top down in the lot, I've seen this car drive by before, never saw it up close, in really clean shape.

Same here!

A light gold one, with one of the upgraded larger wheels, and then...gasp...a chocolate brown cloth (yes, cloth, with the little rivets on the back edge) top. Argh, the local old people and what they beg dealers to do for them on their new cars...

Old People are adorable aren't they? :P

The MKS is no Town Car or DTS... It doesn't have the formal roofline to suit a fabric top.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Same here!

That's especially weird. It's the same color combination I saw.

Oh, as far as spotter thread titles go, usually a day ahead, or on the spot.

I saw a black GLK parked along the street, I didn't realize they were out yet. It's kinda kool in a militaristic way. Certainly not a "cute ute", more like small but purposeful, boxy to the extreme. Also saw a Q5, new on the VW/Porsche/Audi lot, in black as I left Wendy's for lunch.

Sightings today---a beautiful red w/ black hood graphics '70 Mustang Mach 1 (my 2nd favorite year of classic Mustang, after the '69), a clean '64-65 Plymouth Valiant convertible (white w/the top down, blue interior), a pale yellow '70s/early '80s Merc 450SL roadster w/ the top down (love those little cars, even with the big bumpers), and a sharp red w/ black stripes, black vinyl top '67 Camaro SS/RS.

Saw a very rare, 1986 Monte Carlo Aero Coupe on the road here in Cedar Rapids, and yes, it was White with a Burgandy interior. The guy was on the highway and babying the thing and keeping it away from other cars. The plate did read AEROCPE.

I love those cars.

I don't know what I saw... the snow covered them all up. :lol:

Was it still in service?

Interesting..haven't seen a '91-96 Caprice cruiser in ages...but, the Phoenix Police department still has at least 1 '87-90 Caprice police car still in service---I've seen it driving around downtown 4 times in the last few months, w/ a uniformed officer driving.

Interesting..haven't seen a '91-96 Caprice cruiser in ages...but, the Phoenix Police department still has at least 1 '87-90 Caprice police car still in service---I've seen it driving around downtown 4 times in the last few months, w/ a uniformed officer driving.

Hey, tough as nails doesn't even begin to describe those cars...not too unusual, even 2 decades past new in some cases. Beastly but, still, in most ways pretty refined for the dinosaur bones and the later LT1 cars were splendid. I often have wondered what the B/D cars would have been like had they hung around and been updated somewhat like the Crown Vic & Town Car have, with more solid frames, refined suspensions, updated interiors, etc.

I was just chatting with my father on Friday, as he still has 1 of 3 with a '93 Fleetwood, and he remarked how he really has not been seeing much of any B/D cars anywhere, anymore. I concurred, as when I do notice them, they certainly standout more now.

That reminds me...went to Wal-Mart in Rehoboth and, having parked far out in the lot, there were 3 '93-96 Fleetwoods in the lot, in 2 rows, all at once. What a sight.

Saw a very rare, 1986 Monte Carlo Aero Coupe on the road here in Cedar Rapids, and yes, it was White with a Burgandy interior. The guy was on the highway and babying the thing and keeping it away from other cars. The plate did read AEROCPE.

I love those cars.

Even more rare is the Pontiac version.

Grand Prix 2+2. Sad thing is, the Pontiac only had the 140-hp version of the 305... it should have at least had the L69 HO 305 used in the MC SS.

I had no idea that the 2+2 didn't get the HO 305.

My '87 Camino SS got the HO, so I'm surprised that the 2+2 didn't.

Weekend Visit to Spokane Washington to check out the 63 split window Corvette Fuelie.

:( So Sad so bad, this thing had been trashed and the frame is so rusted out it is not even worth saving in my opinion. Unless you really want that body, the rest is ready to be melted down. Morons Son is actually trying to sell it and thinks it is worth 40K, I suggested maybe 400 for the body, but the rest is history.

Did see a really sweet Model T on the drive back that someone had on a trailer. :)

I saw my first two pre-production 5th Gen Camaros on the road today. A yellow LT and a red RS. Very nice. :)

I literally said "Oh my God" out loud when I saw the yellow LT sitting at a light on my way into work this morning.

OOOOH! I forgot to tell you guys about this one:

1934-35 Ford Delux Coupe with Rumble seat, V8 hubcaps, original paint and it was all there, right down to four wire wheels and Diamond tread tires (the ones that were still holding air, anyway!) It was on a trailer headed to Kansas, and it was leaving a trail of dust behind it as it was moving for the first time in many years after being rescued from a barn! The plates said it was last registered in 1946!

I really wanted that car, what a great project.

RAV4 convertible Like the 3rd one I've ever seen Sorry, but I have a soft top for tiny, 4wd convertibles like the Rav4, Sportage and Tracker

'65 Mustang coupe that appeared solid, but needed TLC. I'd love to grab one of these

I saw my first two pre-production 5th Gen Camaros on the road today. A yellow LT and a red RS. Very nice. :)

I literally said "Oh my God" out loud when I saw the yellow LT sitting at a light on my way into work this morning.

...and then on my way home I saw a Navy Blue Camaro and a whole truckload a little after that. :smilewide:

Saw a gorgeous '65 Mustang GT coupe today, black, deep window tint, 5-spoke 'Bullitt' style AR mags, '70s gold AZ plate.

Also saw a bright red '09 Challenger SRT8...looks much better in red than orange, IMHO.

Edited by moltar

Found a 1987 Monte Carlo Areo SS model with T top. :P If the price is right this might just be my next project. :)

Edited by dfelt

Was out and about this morning, several interesting sightings...a red '66 Ford stepside pickup, a white '64-65 Ford longbed pickup, towing a yard service trailer, a light blue early '60s Ford Econoline window van with 'Falcon' badging, and a clean white '68-69 Ford longbed pickup.

For older GMs, saw a sharp pale yellow '75-76 Caddy Coupe de Ville w/ no vinyl top--and what was most unusual about was the driver--a very cute 25 or so year old redhead wearing tiny cool rectangular glasses. Just very unusual to see an attractive young woman not in the usual Civic, Camry, New Beetle, etc but in a classic land yacht.

Today:

Saw the green '73 Monte Carlo again at the grocery. Drove past a house w/ a circular drive, guy was out doing Sunday morning car waxing--had a maroon '75 Laguna coupe, brown '73 Chevelle SS, and a red '09 CTS w/ temporary tag and the window sticker still attached.

At the grocery, saw a pristine '85 or so (after the 1st grille/taillight redesign) Pontiac 6000LE--pale yellow, whitewall tires. Looked like new.

Satty, that was probably the special edition Mustang made to raise money for breast cancer. You know, b00bs?

Entirely possible, but that doesn't mean it was a good combination of colors. Black with pink stripes probably would have looked a million times better.