Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cyclone, Breeze, Scirocco?

Sighting this morning on the commute--I was going down the freeway with a red 4th gen Camaro Z-28 convertible directly in front of me, and a white 4th gen Trans Am convertible directly behind me, both with tops down. Cool.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, there's this car I've been hoping to catch a pic of for at least two years to show you guys. Of course I never see it when the camera is in the truck.

You won't believe it when you see it.

I never have seen it parked, so its a tough catch.

But wish me luck because it's a sight not soon forgotten.

A high school buddy of mine had a '70 in yellow with a black top and a 383 4spd.

It was a very sharp looking car, but soooo long!

The last I heard of it, the kid he sold it too (we called him Flail) had it in pieces in his parents garage. I have this ugly feeling that the car never got put back together.

Tonite on the way home from work I was passed by and followed for a while by a black w/ black interior Lexus ES330 convertible w/ the top down. What, you say Lexus didn't make an ES convertible? Well, it looked like some crafty individual took a current style Solara convertible and replaced the front and rear badging....

>>"Black '64 Grand Prix coupe "<<

STAY OUT OF MY GARAGE !!

Seen today~

1934 Plymouth 5-window coupe, street rod

1948 Plymouth Super DeLuxe 2-dr sedan, mild custom

1952 Chevy 1500 pick-up, stone stock w/ stake sides

1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville 2-dr hardtop (1 of 855), custom

1960 Ford Thunderbird 2-dr hardtop, factory

1971 Merc Cyclone 2-dr hardtop, factory

More convertibles w/ tops down this beautiful, warm, windy afternoon, incl. two '80s Eldorado Biarittz--a goregous white one w/ red interior, and a dark red one w/ a tan interior. Also, a beige-green early '70s Jag E-Type convertible, and a red w/ white stripes '07-09 Shelby GT500 convertible..

Tan and blue G-body Somerset Regal in great shape, and older couple driving.

At first I thought this was a typo, as the Somerset was an N-body, but apparently there was also a Somerset trim level at some point on the G-body RWD Regals..don't remember that one... I only remember the T-types and GNs.

Saw a yellow '80 or so Honda Civic wagon today when I was out at lunch. Hadn't seen one of those in ages.

Saw a very clean lt blue '70 Impala ht in the same parking lot.

Nice, sunny breezy weather..only about 60 degrees today..

Falling asleep in my cube on a dull afternoonnn

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Black Alero GL sedan, towed in to our bodyshop today... 224,000 miles. She had a good, long life.

Spectacular, new, red metallic G8 GXP sedan, parked out on the grass in front of "my" former BPG dealership. What a STUNNER!

Black Alero GL sedan, towed in to our bodyshop today... 224,000 miles. She had a good, long life.

Spectacular, new, red metallic G8 GXP sedan, parked out on the grass in front of "my" former BPG dealership. What a STUNNER!

Alero - Whoa, cool.

GXP - Aye, aye, and in Sport Red :metal:

On that note, SAME here, at least with the GXP. I've seen them online for a while, but it wasn't until this past week that a Liquid Red GXP arrived at the local GM store in Lewes and, respectfully, now gets to sit on the center lot perch above everything else, on display. My first GXP in person. I really like the wheels, but am not a Liquid Red fan. Then again, everything sort of pales in comparison to Pacific Slate...doesn't it? Regardless, HOT car :AH-HA_wink:

Given that they've, somehow however, despite having strong sales overall, have yet to move a single base or GT G8 since last year sometime off the lot (except for selling a dealer swapped '09 GT to a "G8 friend" locally a few months back), I'm just waiting to see what happens with the the GXP now. Out of everything, their G8 inventory looks great but is so sad, never moves, and is just festering despite nice pricing, etc.

Edited by caddycruiser

A black X6.

Freakin' huge looking vehicle.

Saw a white one. I still ask, to no one in particular, "why? :nono:"

--------------

Also, in the past couple of days, a TON of new TSXs. Is Acura running a sale or something?

I stopped in to look at the red G8 GXP, and when I was finished drooling over that (and some other BPG products) I walked over to the Honda side... they have two new Insights, one silver, one "Clear Sky Blue", along with a gaggle of Fits, which I admit I still like.

OH and an orange Suzuki SX4 with black tinted windows and 20 inch, chrome, blinged-out wheels. I guess the economy is getting bad... I used to see Escalades done up like this.

Edited by ocnblu

OH and an orange Suzuki SX4 with black tinted windows and 20 inch, chrome, blinged-out wheels. I guess the economy is getting bad... I used to see Escalades done up like this.

Wow...THAT had to be something. Hah. Then again, not unexpected.

Down here, Friday and again today, passed a Stryker Blue G8 GT twin to mine except for a, hmm, ever so slightly meatier exhaust roar and sunroof. Does it count that I know the owner and have had a thrill ride in it? Sure...since there's still so few of us and it's SO cool when we're both within smile & wave distance :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by caddycruiser

Saw 2 different black (or dark primer) Ford Falcons over the weekend in adjacent communities. Hadn't seen a Falcon in months, though I see a Maverick every now and then.

Oh, yeah, had to throw this in:

Saw a late-model white Ford Ranger pick-up truck on the freeway coming home Friday night...nothing unusual except the driver.

She looked like one of the Heart sisters way back when, with hair parted in the middle, a mean look on her face (though not a particularly large woman), and flicking her cigarette out the window as she drove...I was wondering if there was any carpet left on her floorboards :lol:

This afternoon's freeway sightings--- a yellow Chrysler TC by Maserati---haven't seen one of those on the road in probably 10 years, in clean shape, a maroon Panoz Esperante convertible--don't think I've ever actually seen one in person before, and the strangest being a Wal-Mart semi w/ a Freightliner cab and a Hyundai 53' box trailer. I didn't realise Hyundai made trailers, I'm used to seeing brands like Freuhauf, Trailmobile and Utility International.

Another new Challenger at school, this one an orange R/T. And a normal silver one.

Are they getting to the point where they aren't of note anymore?

They still are here...I've seen 2, and only 1 was local, and I've never seen it since. Heck, there are more of us G8'ers, and there's only a couple of us.

Just no Challengers, ever, anywhere. Oh well. Waiting to see how it turns out with the Camaro in that regard.

Another new Challenger at school, this one an orange R/T. And a normal silver one.

Are they getting to the point where they aren't of note anymore?

I've been seeing them at a rate of 1 every two weeks or so the last ~6 months... never sure if I'm seeing the same car or not multiple times when I see a black SRT8 in a certain area.. I've seen a couple silver ones, a couple orange ones, a red R/T, a black V6 w/ aftermarket 22" rims, a black R/T w/ silver stripes, and at least one black SRT8 several times. Pretty limited color palette. I've seen them more frequently than I've seen G8s--saw a white G8 GT today..looks great in white.

Saw something interesting on the freeway tonite...a pickup was pulling a flatbed with a very worn '70 Chevelle SS454 on it (I could read the 454 badges). Looks like it might have been black or gray, very faded with rusted out rear quarters and doors (not an AZ car I suspect)..the front fenders, nose and cowl hood were all heavily surface rusted. Had Chevy rallys on flat snow tires at the back,rusty Pontiac Rallyes up front...interesting. A future resto project? Something that will be at Barrett-Jackson next year?

New Fusion, with pictures.

Very attractive car...good getting better. It's hard to explain how someone would consider a Cam-cord with these kinds of vehicles around. And they drive as good as they look.

Also rooting for a Ford comeback with great cars like this and the upcoming updated and unmistakably American 2010 Taurus :unitedstates:

Edited by trinacriabob