36 year old gets his lucerne

I'm in my 30's and may get a LaCrosse or Lucerne.  I think Buick is starting to appeal to younger folks, now that many of their older nameplates are gone.

I'm 22 and Buick had some appeal (not a lot, but some) to me. Mainly in the Riviera, every time I see that car it just stops me in my tracks... If it had a northstar based engine it would be my ultimate goal in life (not saying that it's not a possibility).

Let this be known.. this is the quote of the month:

This is a much better car than Avalon, which I also tested.

Edited by Decka

Oh yeah Wildcat? I was a fetus inside my mother's womb, and she LOVED Buicks. So I've loved them before you so nyah! :P :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though, this is a great sign. I really hope we can see some real-life photos from happy owners. Those are the best--because you see them as the owners see them.

Are we playing "can you top this"?

I've liked Buicks since I was 6!  (Verified by the model kits and frictions I had at that time.)

[post="41895"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haha. I was just proving there's a young crowd out there for Buicks. I didn't love them til I owned my first one which was just by chance. Before that I could've cared less about any cars.

Our dealership had one in last week. It was gone before I went on lunch some 3 hours after I've seen it. Haven't seen it since.

Pretty telling.

[post="42205"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

holy crap, thats a good sign....
theres currently a black cxl-v6 at the morningside automall, i'll be going there today (hopefull) I cant take any pictures though...

any other canadian members can also go take a look

I still love the Riviera and miss the Regal from 2 generations ago--always loved that one for some reason. I really do love the Lucerne. Would kill to have a CXL V8!

Lots of interest in the Lucerne at the Tampa Auto Show, especially since a beautiful red CXS was on the turntable. Lot of people asking when it would be on the lots and alot of amazed nods at the loaded price of $38,000. Also, a far better mix of LaCrosses this year with only one well-trimmed CX 6-seater and a CXL and CXS, the latter with a hot black interior and black paint.

I still think they should upgrade the power in the DTS to the STS's 320, then upgrade the Lucerne's Northstar to 300, and put the 3.6 in as the base engine. Add in the navigation option, and this would make the Lucerne a great deal more appealing (especially at the current pricing...).

My first car was a 87 buick century and my second a 85 buick riviara and I'm about to buy a new Buick. So i'm only 27 and both the cars i've owned so far were Buicks and I plan on staying with Buicks mainly because old people sell them off eventually and they have close to no miles like my Riviara 45,000 miles thats nothing on the v8