The 2009 Greater Milwaukee Autoshow...

Well this past weekend I had a chance to go to the 2009 Greater Milwaukee Autoshow and a few things struck me. The smallish Toyota display very few people in it, even in what I believe to be a hot-bed of Toyota products. The people browsing the Toyota display struck me as "red-necks" that kind you find driving beat up Ford pick-ups and rusted Pontiac Firebirds you know? The things I heard coming from people browsing Toyota's weren't nearly as positive as what I expected, and also there were no turn-tables and an ugly Venza, and Tundra were the only vehicles that really sparked any intrest amoung the crowd. (I went last Friday after-noon from around 1-5pm) As for the Chevrolet display I saw a much more up-level group of people running around and jumping into Chevrolet's especially the Traverse, GMT-900 and new Malibu. The Malibu and Traverse were drawing much positive praise and people impressed with the look and quality of the Malibu, a couple didn't even know the Malibu offered a hybrid, and were the eco friendly type as well. The positive praise for many Chevrolet products did suprise me some. Saturn was a ghost town and in larger areas Saturns tend to more popular. Saab remained pretty popular with the upper-end oatmeal crowd. Cadillac has a lot of different types of people around from young families and professionals to wanta-be rappers and grandpa's. I took that as a refreshing site indeed. Pontiac had a mixed crowd most were younger well dressed males and some older folks whom from the sounds of it really knew what Pontiac was all about and there praise for the new G8 GXP couldn't have been higher. Many folks also gathered around the Camaro, much more popular than the new Mustang on a turn table. The new LaX had a wide gathering of people also from young people to old folks who had clearly owned Buicks their entire life. The Buick display also had lots of young people looking at the Enclave.

Now for the photographs...

*All photographs were taken with a Pentax K100D D-SLR and an 18-55mm lenes at varying focal lenght at ISO 1600 (on over 95 percent of them)

IMGP2583.jpg

IMGP2587.jpg

IMGP2585.jpg

IMGP2586.jpg

IMGP2588.jpg

IMGP2590.jpg

IMGP2589.jpg

IMGP2593.jpg

IMGP2592.jpg

IMGP2591.jpg

IMGP2597.jpg

IMGP2595.jpg

Edited by gm4life

IMGP2795.jpg

IMGP2794.jpg

IMGP2793.jpg

IMGP2796.jpg

...And thats all folks... Enjoy and feel free to save them as always... Leave all the comments you want, and tell me what a bad photographer I am. :AH-HA_wink:

Also Hummer was pretty dead as well. I didn't take any Saturn or Hummer photos as they are likely to get cut anyways and no one at the show cared and nor do I. Sorry I forgot about GMC photographs but they had a pretty good crowd around the new Sierra and Yukon Hybrid there.

Edited by gm4life

Nice pics...guess you really liked the Camaro... :neenerneener:

Oh you couldn't tell, I didn't get to Chicago due to weather and had to see one, before this summer when a dealer gets one. My son or I will be getting a 2010-2015 Camaro SS coupe with a manual most likely, although he still has a little more practice to do in order to master a stick. :iroc-dragster: But uhh yeah that is why I went to Milwaukee and also I visited family.

Edited by gm4life

I think I've seen the same car a dozen different times. It would be more efficient and less of a bandwidth waste to post of a few pics of the most notable vehicles and then link to the album for those who to look at all those vehicles that are old news by now. Seriously. I doub't very many people are getting hard-ons looking at an ancient Trailblazer. :P

Lacrosse and Camaro look good.

I think I've seen the same car a dozen different times. It would be more efficient and less of a bandwidth waste to post of a few pics of the most notable vehicles and then link to the album for those who to look at all those vehicles that are old news by now. Seriously. I doub't very many people are getting hard-ons looking at an ancient Trailblazer. :P

Lacrosse and Camaro look good.

Your a smart-a$$.

Holy cow, gm4life ... awesome pics! Thanks for sharing them with us :).

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Event = 04/04/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Someday slowly turns to never" ... Tanya Tucker ... 'Soon'

You are more than welcome! Glad you enjoyed them!

Edited by gm4life