Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator

At two points in my life, such as between undergrad and grad, I've taken the Myers-Briggs Personality type test.

Mine came in both times as ESTJ (that's extrovert - sensing - thinking - judging)

It is the classic profile of someone who is traditional, just-the-facts, analyzes everything, and in a management-type job. It is also the personality profile of 16% of the male population. I've seen my chart and I only slightly tilt toward extrovert, as I can be introverted at times.

The polar opposite would be INFP (introvert - intuitive - feeling - perceiving) - this type of person would probably drive me nuts and I've had a couple of people of INFP types work for me who were highly conceptual, but didn't have any aptitude for details or carrying through.

There are all kinds of blends of these factors. There are therefore 16 types in all. They actually say the ENTJ becomes the leader, whereas the ESTJ (me) becomes the manager because we are more apt to chase down the details, and that somewhat pisses me off.

What is your personality profile, per Myers-Briggs, if you have taken this test?

Edited by trinacriabob

:mind-blowing: This was way too much Fun. So Now I know why I ended up taking my hobby and working as a software engineer. :D

Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator Test Link

Your Type is

ENTJ

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

33 38 38 78

Strength of the preferences %

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is marshaling or situational organizing role that reaches the highest development in the Fieldmarshal. As this kind of role is practiced some contingency organizing is necessary, so that the second suit of the Fieldmarshal's intellect is devising contingency plans. Structural and functional engineering, though practiced in some degree in the course of organizational operations, tend to be not nearly as well developed and are soon outstripped by the rapidly growing skills in organizing. But it must be said that any kind of strategic exercise tends to bring added strength to engineering as well as organizing skills.

Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures.

They cannot not build organizations, and cannot not push to implement their goals. When in charge of an organization, whether in the military, business, education, or government, Fieldmarshals more than any other type desire (and generally have the ability) to visualize where the organization is going, and they seem able to communicate that vision to others. Their organizational and coordinating skills tends to be highly developed, which means that they are likely to be good at systematizing, ordering priorities, generalizing, summarizing, at marshaling evidence, and at demonstrating their ideas. Their ability to organize, however, may be more highly developed than their ability to analyze, and the Fieldmarshal leader may need to turn to an Inventor or Architect to provide this kind of input.

Fieldmarshals will usually rise to positions of responsibility and enjoy being executives. They are tireless in their devotion to their jobs and can easily block out other areas of life for the sake of their work. Superb administrators in any field - medicine, law, business, education, government, the military - Fieldmarshals organize their units into smooth-functioning systems, planning in advance, keeping both short-term and long-range objectives well in mind. For the Fieldmarshal, there must always be a goal-directed reason for doing anything, and people's feelings usually are not sufficient reason. They prefer decisions to be based on impersonal data, want to work from well thought-out plans, like to use engineered operations - and they expect others to follow suit. They are ever intent on reducing bureaucratic red tape, task redundancy, and aimless confusion in the workplace, and they are willing to dismiss employees who cannot get with the program and increase their efficiency. Although Fieldmarshals are tolerant of established procedures, they can and will abandon any procedure when it can be shown to be ineffective in accomplishing its goal. Fieldmarshals root out and reject ineffectiveness and inefficiency, and are impatient with repetition of error.

Hillary Clinton, Napoleon, Margret Thatcher, Carl Sagan, Bill Gates, Golda Meir, Edward Teller, George Benard Shaw, and General George C. Marshall are examples of Rational Fieldmarshals.

Your Type is

ENTJ

Yours is the best type for the "Big Cheese" state in life.

Ha ha...heavy on the J...a judgmental bas***d like me!

The only person on the list that REALLY annoys me is Hillary...you know she needs some jumbo-sized batteries. :lol:

I have taken this test on a couple prior occasions...I just took it again and scored INTJ, which seems familiar...In fact, I believe I have scored that each time. The description fits me very well, but I don't go by tests to direct my life. It does help to offer a bit of insight, though.

The description fits me very well, but I don't go by tests to direct my life.

My occupation/schooling is definitely not ESTJ. It's an I-ish kind of job. Still, I like it and wouldn't be happy in most of the classic ESTJ jobs...things like bankers, consultants, and all that.

Edited by trinacriabob

ENFJ

And I'm not in bad company! Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Clara Barton (Founder of the American Red Cross), Ronald Reagan are famous people of my particular type. Happy to see Presidents Clinton and Reagan there. :)

Yours is the best type for the "Big Cheese" state in life.

Ha ha...heavy on the J...a judgmental bas***d like me!

The only person on the list that REALLY annoys me is Hillary...you know she needs some jumbo-sized batteries. :lol:

Like Bill Clinton, i would have taken the BJ from monica too over Hillary doing it to me. In regards to her ability to work, I do respect them as they are well educated thinkers. It does not mean they always do the right thing but IMO they have done better than Shrub did for this country.

Your Type is

ENTJ

56 88 1 67

Same as DFELT, and I am also a software engineer. Interesting...

Interesting as I remember visiting my old High school and talking about career paths in the late 80's and I mentioned about that little software company in my backyard called Microsoft. Many students laughed, made fun and even some of the people I graduated with also made remarks about my choice of career. Course then into the 90's and I finally go to one of my highschool reunions and listen to a nuch of the people talk about how great it is to work for Microsoft and yet these were the same idiots who made fun of my choice before it was cool to be a nerd.

Just chalk it up to being on the bleeding edge of society. At least it has been a very interesting journey. :D

Like Bill Clinton, i would have taken the BJ from monica too over Hillary

Monica's weight ebbs and flows...she is probably a fatty hiding out somewhere.

What's her Myers Briggs?

I-S-B-J ?

Monica's weight ebbs and flows...she is probably a fatty hiding out somewhere.

What's her Myers Briggs?

I-S-B-J ?

Actually Monica has a clothing line and purse line that is selling and she went in 2006 to England to work on her masters. She has actually become very successfull on her own.

Lately she did a boat cruise and here are more current pics of her. Not bad looking but has put some weight on. Keep in mind that her mouth could suck all including the balls in one shot I am sure. Another Julie Roberts type with that toothy smile, but would anyone pass on a free offer from her?

Monica Lewinsky Cruise photos

Former President might have his own personality - BUSH

Where can the test be taken?

Back on the first page I included the link to the test in my post. Go there and you can take it.

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

General: ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of an often bizarre cosmic whole. They want to both help (at least, their own definition of "help") and be liked and admired by other people, on bo th an individual and a humanitarian level. They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another.

Social/Personal Relationships: ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to the more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality. They are outgoing, fun, and genuinely like people. As SOs/mates they are warm, affectionate (l ots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous. However, attention span in relationships can be short; ENFPs are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time. Less mature ENFPs may need to feel they are the center of attention all the time, to reassure them that everyone thinks they're a wonderful and fascinating person.

ENFPs often have strong, if unconvential, convictions on various issues related to their Cosmic View. They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their negle cting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world.

Work Environment: ENFPs are pleasant, easygoing, and usually fun to work with. They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along. They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned. ENFPs are at their most useful when working in a group w ith a J or two to take up the slack.

ENFPs hate bureaucracy, both in principle and in practice; they will always make a point of launching one of their crusades against some aspect of it.

Franz Joseph Haydn

Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

Will Rogers

Buster Keaton

Theodor "Dr." Seuss Geisel (The Cat in the Hat)

Mickey Rooney

James Dobson ("Focus on the Family")

Andy Rooney

Carol Burnett

Paul Harvey

Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched)

Bill Cosby (Ghost Dad)

Dom Delouise, actor

Dave Thomas, owner of Wendy's hamburger chain

Lewis Grizzard, newspaper columnist

I. King Jordan, president of Gallaudet University

Martin Short, actor-comedian

Meg Ryan, actor (When Harry Met Sally)

Robin Williams, actor, comedian (Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire)

Sandra Bullock, actor (Speed, While You Were Sleeping)

Robert Downey (Heart and Souls)

Alicia Silverstone (Clueless)

Sinbad

Andy Kaufman

Regis Philbin

Fictional:

Dr. Doug Ross (ER)

Balkie (Perfect Strangers)

Ariel (The Little Mermaid)

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Steve Irkle

Edited by deftonesfan867

Never taken it, but many of my coworkers had taken it at the start up I was at last summer--they all had their M-B codes posted on the company Wiki. But they were all conformists, IMHO, since almost all drove Toyotas.

Just took it for the third time - per the dfelt link - thanks for the link, dfelt

ESTJ, again, but the scores flattened:

Extraverted - 1

Sensing - 1

Thinking - 12

Judging - 56

There used to be a higher ES...I wonder what the percentages mean?

Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving

44, 1, 25, 33

The nature of Crafters is most clearly seen in their masterful operation of tools, equipment, machines, and instruments of all kinds. Most us use tools in some capacity, of course, but Crafters (as much as ten percent of the population) are the true masters of tool work, with an innate ability to command tools and to become expert at all the crafts requiring tool skills. Even from an early age they are drawn to tools as to a magnet-tools fall into their hands demanding use, and they must work with them.

Like all the Artisans, Crafters are people who love action, and who know instinctively that their activities are more enjoyable, and more effective, if done impulsively, spontaneously, subject to no schedules or standards but their own. In a sense, Crafters do not work with their tools, but play with them when the urge strikes them. Crafters also seek fun and games on impulse, looking for any opportunity, and just because they feel like it, to play with their various toys: cars, motorcycles, boats, dune-buggies, hunting rifles, fishing tackle, scuba gear, and on and on. They thrive on excitement, particularly the rush of speed-racing, water-skiing, surfing. And Crafters are fearless in their play, exposing themselves to danger again and again, even despite frequent injury. Of all the types, Crafters are most likely to be risk takers, pitting themselves, or their technique, against chance or odds.

Crafters are hard to get to know. Perhaps this is because they tend to communicate through action, and show little interest in developing language skills. Their lack of expressiveness can isolate them at school and on the job, and even though they hang around with their own kind in play, they let their actions speak for them, and their actual conversation is sparse and brief.

Crafters can be wonderfully generous and loyal to their friends, teammates, and sidekicks, often giving up their evenings or weekends to help with building projects or mechanical repairs-house remodeling, for example, or working on cars or boats. On the other hand, they can be fiercely insubordinate to those in authority, seeing rules and regulations as unnecessarily confining. Crafters will not usually go against regulations openly, but will simply ignore them. More than anything, Crafters want to be free to do their own thing, and they are proud of their ability to do it with an artist's skill.

Bruce Lee, Michael Jordan, Woody Allen, Alan Shepard, Chuck Yaeger, Michael Douglas, Lance Armstrong, and Kathrine Hephurn are examples of Crafter Artisans.

I guess it's somewhat accurate except for the first paragraph. I am not skilled with tools.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

Thanks for the link, dfelt.

Took the test (first time), came out an ENTP.

Your Type is

ENTP

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving

11 12 1 6

Hey Moltie, looks like a well-balanced profile.

What, you're more extraverted than obnoxious me? (I only say that because I associate technology with a tilt toward intraversion).

However, I can safely say I am more judgmental.

Apparently mine is the rarest, only one percent of the population sharing my INFJ personality...

INFJs are characterized by their strong sense of values, of right and wrong. These differ from those of the SJs in that they are *humanitarian* in orientation, rather than traditionally *societal*. Like INFPs, INFJs are extremely idealistic, but INFJs are vastly more practical, with a strong grasp of organization and detail which reflects itself in all of their undertakings, whether political movements or company social events that must satisfy a wide range of employee needs.

INFJs tend to question and examine their own motivations constantly. Needless to say, this can cause a great deal of stress for the INFJ in question, which they sometimes resolve in a rather convoluted manner: by deriving a Higher Principle from the "selfish" need. ("It's not OK to object to the proposed menu for the company dinner dance because I don't like it *myself*, but it *is* OK to do so because it's not nutritous, or doesn't take into account ethnic preferences, vegetarians, etc." -- all of this subconscious.)

Like all NFs, INFJs care deeply about people, both as individuals and in terms of humanity as a whole. INFJs are notable for their exceptionally strong empathic, even psychic abilities, which can sometimes cause them discomfort and even pain in their dealings with others. Perhaps because of this, INFJs truly open up to only a few intimate friends--usually very long-term relationships or obvious "soul mates." Paradoxically, INFJs often appear to be extroverts to most of the world; they are almost always friendly, sympathetic, and interested in people, and sometimes positively charismatic. This can be puzzling and disappointing to those (usually I's) who are drawn to them in search of a non-surface friendship, and find they just can't get very far.

Their combination of empathy and strong verbal skills make them natural writers, especially of fiction or of non-fiction requiring a restrained emotional tone. (I think Kiersey tags INFJ as "The Writer") Counseling and psychiatry are classic INFJ professions, but you also find them fairly often in the 9-to-5 environment. INFJs make talented and congenial employees and co-workers, and often-inspiring managers. They all may suffer, however, with the tendency many Fs have of backing down to avoid confrontation, even when this is a strategically bad move.

Famous INFJs

Eleanor Roosevelt

Jacqueline Kennedy

Jerry Seinfeld

Martin Van Buren

Jimmy Carter

Nelson Mandela

Martin Luther King Jr.

Fred MacMurray

Ron Paul

Robert Burns

Jane Goodall

Hey Moltie, looks like a well-balanced profile.

What, you're more extraverted than obnoxious me? (I only say that because I associate technology with a tilt toward intraversion).

However, I can safely say I am more judgmental.

Yeah, I've thought before that I was an 'extroverted introvert'... Careers that were listed as ideal for ENTP's were engineering and IT, which fit well for me...

ESTJ

Extrovert - 67

Sensing - 25

Thinking - 75

Judging - 67

Says I'd be a good engineer, which is what I'm studying, also says I'd be good at truck or bus driving though...ha ha

famous people with my personality include:

Bruce Willis, George W. Bush, Vespasian, Colin Powell, Martha Gellhorn (war correspondent), Lyndon B. Johnson

Your Type is

ENTJ

11 25 50 67

It says Law is a good path for me = FTW!

Famous People:

Napoleon, Franklin D. Roosevelt , Mark Anthony, Sean Connery, Madonna, Yulia Tymoshenko

Sean Connery = BOND, JAMES BOND!

Balla!

At two points in my life, such as between undergrad and grad, I've taken the Myers-Briggs Personality type test.

Mine came in both times as ESTJ (that's extrovert - sensing - thinking - judging)

It is the classic profile of someone who is traditional, just-the-facts, analyzes everything, and in a management-type job. It is also the personality profile of 16% of the male population. I've seen my chart and I only slightly tilt toward extrovert, as I can be introverted at times.

The polar opposite would be INFP (introvert - intuitive - feeling - perceiving) - this type of person would probably drive me nuts and I've had a couple of people of INFP types work for me who were highly conceptual, but didn't have any aptitude for details or carrying through.

There are all kinds of blends of these factors. There are therefore 16 types in all. They actually say the ENTJ becomes the leader, whereas the ESTJ (me) becomes the manager because we are more apt to chase down the details, and that somewhat pisses me off.

What is your personality profile, per Myers-Briggs, if you have taken this test?

LOL, when we did these at my job 6, 7 years ago, i was an INFP.....LOL

LOL, when we did these at my job 6, 7 years ago, i was an INFP.....LOL

LOL is right! Seriously? But then, the typical personality profile of an architect is not E.S.T.J. It's one of the "I" profiles with other variables beyond. With my E.S. coming in lower at 1-1, I'm starting to resemble an INTJ.

INTJ

22 Introverted

44 Intuitive

19 Thinking

44 Judging

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner", Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

-----

Pretty badass sounding. 8)

Ironically, Ayn Rand is also one of my favorite authors.