Real World Pics: 2007 Tahoe

mshu7

Last weekend while at the Purdue vs. Michigan State football game, my buddy noticed a 2007 Tahoe passing by us in the parking lot. We were really surprised to see one since production hasn't even started. We watched to see where it parked so we could check it out on the walk up to the stadium. When we got to it, we realized that it was a test vehicle because it had a sticker on the windshield that said exactly that. Plus, it had Michigan plates. Fortunately, I had a camera with me but it was only a cheap disposable camera. The pictures didn't turn out as good as I would have liked, but it's better than nothing.

I thought it looked really good in person. The interior is night and day compared to the current Tahoe/Suburban. We did notice that the gap around the hood was kind of big on the drivers side, but we're guessing it will be better on the production models.

Anyway, here are the pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mshu7

Wow, looks cool in person too. This is, IMO, the best of the GMT-900's, which would make sense since it's always the most popular one. Even though the 3rd seat still bugs me, and the power liftgate is only available on high end models, these pics are making me think a Summit White 2wd '09 LS model might make a mighty fine replacement for our '04. What I like best? The fit & finish, even in the slighty fuzzy pics of the pre-production truck, is MASSIVELY better than on our '04, as is the interior design and fits. Nice to see a front bumper that actually finally fits tightly and interior trim that looks fitting of the pricetag. I'm guessing it was driven by a couple engineers? Or higher ups from the plant?

Nice catch! The Tahoe looks great, and those rims are pretty nice too, I believe those rims will also be on the Silverado in 2007!

[post="41804"][/post]

Yep, they're one of the new 17's (the truck above is a mid-level LT). Here's the full assortment from the GM ordering guide:
Posted Image
N93 - Wheels, 4 - 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) bright aluminum ,5-spoke, with 2 grooves in each spoke

Posted Image
P46 - Wheels, 4 - 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) bright aluminum, 5-spoke, with smooth surface and rectangular pockets

Posted Image
RCS - Wheels, 4 - 20" x 8.5" (50.8 cm x 21.6 cm) polished aluminum

And all the other ordering stuff:
GM Online Ordering Guide: 2007 Tahoe Edited by caddycruiser

It looks like a sports car to me. Way more sporty than the expo right next to it. I like the sports car look. Interior is just wow!

[post="41832"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmmm....a 'sports car'? A 5000+ lb one, maybe... :) Aren't sports cars small and light?

I'm guessing it was driven by a couple engineers?  Or higher ups from the plant?

[post="41798"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I did not catch who was driving it. It just rolled passed me about 15 ft. away when my buddy pointed to it and I turned around to see it. By the time we walked passed it on the way to the stadium, the people in it were gone.

Did you notice if anyone passing by took note of it other than you and your friend?

[post="41824"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There weren't a ton of people around it when I first walked up to it. But once I started snapping shots I could see a few more people paying attention and heard a couple people comment about how good it looked.

BTW, this was an LS not an LT.

[post="41847"][/post]

Oh, really? Hmm. In the order guide it says LS models have black door handles and mirrors, and most LS models never have leather. Maybe it's just an oddball pre-production mixture.

I see a bit of these in the rims.

Posted Image

Maybe just a bit blurry...

[post="41819"][/post]

I kinda noticed that too. Actually, in the fuzzy ordering guide images, they look quite ugly, especially the first one. But, from the various spy pics we've seen, I think at least the last two look a lot better in person.

They all seem to stay on track with the general "Chevy truck wheels" look. Take a glance at my sig, to see what I mean. Edited by caddycruiser

Oh, really?  Hmm.  In the order guide it says LS models have black door handles and mirrors, and most LS models never have leather.  Maybe it's just an oddball pre-production mixture.

Yeah, I remember seeing the LS badge on it. I definitely thought it was odd that it had leather even though it was an LS. The wheels were definitely "LS-grade".

The only thing I can think is that since it had a "test vehicle" sticker on it, it might be a hodge-podge of options not really specific to LS or LT. Edited by mshu7

Yeah, I remember seeing the LS badge on it.  I definitely thought it was odd that it had leather even though it was an LS.  The wheels were definitely "LS-grade".

The only thing I can think is that since it had a "test vehicle" sticker on it, it might be a hodge-podge of options not really specific to LS or LT.

[post="41858"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, because those ARE actually the wheels for the LT, as is the leather and the painted handles and mirrors. Maybe just the badge was wrong, and everything else was right--that's what it sounds like.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Tahoe in person..it's the best looking of the 900s IMHO based on the photos I've seen so far... I'm looking forward to the 'burban also, though---always preferred the 'burban over the Tahoe as far as big SUVs go..

I have a feeling the Suburban/Yukon XL/ESV will have even better proportions that the SWB models.  These are truly the best-looking SUVs on the market.

[post="41948"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Mostly agree on that, even though the newly marshmallow look GMC is getting is starting to worry me a bit.

On the other hand, I like the Escalade and REALLY like the Tahoe--a truck that will look a LOT better in some color other than the gold, we keep seeing it in.

Really want to see the longer models too, even though nothing much except for the stretch will be different. Same goes for the Avalanche--want to see its "different" front end, that is apparently more aggressive than the Tahoe's.

I do agree...That front end looks waaayy too close to the ground!! Is that supposed to be some aerodynamic thing???

I do agree...That front end looks waaayy too close to the ground!! Is that supposed to be some aerodynamic thing???

[post="42338"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Mostly, yes, I would think. They said a big problem with the current gen trucks is the fairly large and ugly gaps up front, along with a design that just wasn't the best in terms of air flow. With the newer ones, they've worked to get the gaps down to a bare minimum, preventing unnecessary air "leakage" through different open spots, along with a more slippery design.

I really don't think its that low to the ground--check out any current '05 or newer full-sizer with the new extra air dam down at the bottom of the front, and you'll see that they're just about as low.

Posted Image

Posted Image

For comparison

[post="42338"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

maybe it has a self levelling suspension, or I just wish GM consider this for it's full size suv's..

the Porsche Caynne and Lexus LX470 got this system..