Fort Pierce Woman Calls 911 3 Times After McDonald's Runs Out Of Nuggets

18856208_200X150.jpg

FORT PIERCE, Fla. - She's been called "McNut" by TMZ.com and "loco 4 pollo" by PerezHilton.com.

Now, after becoming an Internet sensation for calling 911 three times to report an emergency after McDonald's had run out of McNuggets, a Fort Pierce woman said Wednesday she is embarrassed by all the media attention.

"I'm embarrassed to show my face in public," Latreasa Goodman told WPBF News 25's Alexis Rivera one day after her McNugget meltdown was first reported.

Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Goodman, 27, was issued a written notice to appear in court for misusing the 911 emergency communications system.

According to the police report, Goodman called 911 three times Saturday to report that a McDonald's employee wasn't giving her a refund for the chicken nuggets she wanted.

"The manager just took my money and won't give me my money back, trying to make me get something off the menu that I don't want," Goodman said in one of the 911 calls. "I ordered chicken nuggets. They don't have chicken nuggets, and so I told her, 'Just give me my money back,' and she tells me I have to pick something else off the menu. She is not going to give me my money back, and she don't have the right to take my money."

Goodman told WPBF News 25 that she didn't "have a right to jump across the counter and snatch" the money, so she chose to handle it another way.

"Inside Edition" was there when WPBF News 25 spoke to Goodman on Wednesday. She said all the media exposure has resulted in several profanity-laced, hateful messages on her personal cell phone.

"I think it's wrong, because like I said, it's not about no chicken nugget meal," Goodman said. "If everybody listen(s) to the news, they'll understand my statement that McDonald's took my money. They didn't have any chicken nuggets, and so I asked for my (money) back."

The 10-piece chicken McNuggets meal is valued at $3.49.

"When you feel that you've been mistreated or misused or robbed out of your money, you have the right to call 911," Goodman said. "That's the purpose of 911, so I thought."

But Tiffany Bennett, an emergency coordinator for St. Lucie County, said the incident does not constitute an emergency.

"It's not an emergency unless there was some kind of disturbance or somebody threatening someone, and I don't believe that was the case in this matter," Bennett said.

Carlos Solorzano, operations manager for all McDonald's restaurants in Florida, issued a statement Tuesday apologizing for the incident.

"Satisfying each and every customer that visits our restaurants is very important to us," Solorzano said. "Regarding this isolated incident, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. In the event that we are unable to fill an order, a customer should be offered the choice of a full refund or alternative menu items. We regret that in this instance, that wasn't the case.

"We want to correct our mistake. We will be sending the customer her refund, along with an invitation to return for her original order, on us. We never want to disappoint a McNuggets fan or any McDonald's customer. Customer satisfaction is our top priority."

Goodman said she'll continue to go to McDonald's, but she also said she'd order with a little more caution next time.

"I'm not going and just giving up my money like that, no, but I'm going to ask them would they please check and see if they have what I want on the menu, and if they tell me yes, then I will order," she said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29517686/?GT1=43001

ah yesh, there is a write up at the smoking gun (what a fun site and self esteem booster)

McNuggets Emergency

click that and you hace hear the actual tape. what an idiot.

but it doesnt stop there. other FF places are not safe.

He wanted it his way, but didnt get it.

Unimpressed with his "sandwich artists" skills.

They wouldn't give her her money back. Isn't that a robbery in progress?

Yeah...honestly my reaction is that the THREE calls were excessive/abuse of the system, but I don't know what else I would have done in that situation, especially if speaking with the manager weren't productive.

Maybe her town has a non-emergency number?

Edited by Croc

"I think it's wrong, because like I said, it's not about no chicken nugget meal,"

I can haz grammar?

Anyway, I don't get it. Normally you order the food and they will tell you if they have the item or not before you pay. Calling 911 was an idiot move, I would have contacted the corporate office.

I eat McDonalds from time to time, and yeah they've done some stupid $h!. I remember once they made a double cheeseburger with only one piece of cheese on it (this was before the "McDouble" BS, then tried to tell me "that's how we do it now" I complained to the corporate office.

Another time they were open until 12 or so on a holiday, I went and got breakfast because we were going out and wanted something quick. They screwed up 2 of the 3 sandwiches and the 3rd they didn't give us at all. Then when I went back to the drive-up window the bitch told me they were closed and weren't going to do anything about it. Emailed the corporate office, they sent me like 3 apologies letters, a meal coupon and a sandwich coupon.

Whenever I complain service always gets better...for a while, haha.

All without calling 911. :P

There are smarter ways to handle the situation than to call an emergency hotline 3 times. If she felt the need to use the authorities she could have called the police non emergency number.

Idiot.

Hell, just get a Southern Style Chicken sandwich meal. Those are good. This $h! of "if I can't get no nuggets, I don't want NOTHIN'" seems a bit ridiculous.

Are you serious? You're telling me that in all your years on this earth you haven't gone to a place wanting ONE thing you think they do really well, they were "out," and you left with nothing? Seriously? It doesn't happen often for me, but there are certain places I only get one incredibly good thing at and I think the rest of their stuff is pretty "meh"...and inevitably once or twice a year I'll go somewhere and choose to go to a 2nd choice because the original was "out" of whatever I was looking for.

Dude, don't call 911 on me, it's just McNuggets!

Yeah, I might be able to recall maybe ONE TIME in ALL MY YEARS ON THIS EARTH (?) :angry: when I have gone away empty handed.

Home made nuggets are the bomb, here's the 411:

Pre-cut fresh boneless chicken breast tenders

egg

breading (anything from potato flakes to flour or bread crumbs mixed with a little Adobo and cayenne pepper)

cooking oil

Heat enough oil in pan to cover your nuggets. Cut tenders into bite-size chunks with kitchen shears. Mix breading and place in ziploc bag, mixing well. Dip chicken into beaten egg, place in bag of breading. Seal bag and shake, coating chicken well. Place nuggets into hot oil and cook until brown. Drain and enjoy with your choice of dipping sauces. No 911 required.

Edited by ocnblu

>>"You're telling me that in all your years on this earth you haven't gone to a place wanting ONE thing you think they do really well, they were "out," and you left with nothing?"<<

Nope. If a place doesn't have what I'm craving, I get something else. It's 1 meal out of 85,000+ in your lifetime. What difference does it make & who has time to joyride around looking for that 1 item ??

Nope. If a place doesn't have what I'm craving, I get something else. It's 1 meal out of 85,000+ in your lifetime. What difference does it make & who has time to joyride around looking for that 1 item ??

yeap, never mind the fact its freakin mcdonalds i mean come on, $7 at the most on a meal. if i was at $30 meal joint then its time to make the problem clearly known.

Hey, I don't eat at McDonalds; I think their food is disgusting. The only thing on the menu I can eat without feeling sick is the filet-o-fish, so you can bet if I'm stuck at an airport, and McD's is out of filet-o-fish, yea, I'm going somewhere else for something. There is literally nothing else on the menu I will eat.

I think this lady is learning that bad things can happen when you don't think before you act, and now she's payin for it.

Yet another American that makes us all look good!

K.C.

Seems a fair, no-bull&#036;h&#33; assessment K.C.

A burgeoning "Idiocracy" with an 'Upgrayedd'.

Yet another American that makes us all look good!

Don't worry about that. Here in Portugal an appeals judge deciding on the compensation a defendant has to pay the plantiff decided to reduce the compensation from 1/6 of the defendant's monthly income to 1/5. Apparently idiots are everywhere...

As ignorant as that woman was, I couldn't help but think the other audio I heard about the 911 call the customer at Burger King made was even worse!

Basically, he was at the window after ordering a #7 off the menu board. When he got to the window, he was told they didn't have lemonade, but would another beverage be alright. He argued that it wasn't, that they should have told him so he didn't have to waste his time and he still wanted his lemonade. He said he was going to call the police, which is when he called 911.

No food order or money had been exchanged and he was calling 911 to complain?! That's just the pinnacle of stupidity and ignorance.

Don't worry about that. Here in Portugal an appeals judge deciding on the compensation a defendant has to pay the plantiff decided to reduce the compensation from 1/6 of the defendant's monthly income to 1/5. Apparently idiots are everywhere...

Wait... what?

. . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, that's racist.

Sense of humor? Do you need it?

You can't see any irony at all?

Either way, I'm not so anal retentive that I can't find the humor in the situation and laugh at it. If it offends you I'm sorry, but I can laugh at jokes made at the expense of my race or anyone else's...cuz they're jokes.

Speaking of which, that stereotype poster YJ posted in another thread would be fitting. :P

Hey, I don't eat at McDonalds; I think their food is disgusting. The only thing on the menu I can eat without feeling sick is the filet-o-fish, so you can bet if I'm stuck at an airport, and McD's is out of filet-o-fish, yea, I'm going somewhere else for something. There is literally nothing else on the menu I will eat.

If I go for fast food I prefer Wendy's, but there's none that are actually on my route to work. However I just realized there's a Subway in the plaza near where I work, so yay!

I generally avoid fast food anymore, but I still enjoy McDonald's breakfast items occasionally... or Jack in the Box and Taco Bell--I like Jack for the vast menu and that they are 5 min from the house. Sometimes I'm lazy about cooking or going out to dinner, so I stop by Jack on the way home..

Either way, I'm not so anal retentive that I can't find the humor in the situation and laugh at it. If it offends you I'm sorry, but I can laugh at jokes made at the expense of my race or anyone else's...cuz they're jokes.

As can I, but there are some lines that should never be crossed. That's currently one of them.

We're cool, DF, but remember that not everyone on this site is as melanin-deficient as you or as nice as me. :smilewide:

She needs a McDonald's manager who is sweet on her. At home when I order my unsweetened ice tea, I'm told I'm sweet enough already and he gives me an extra one to boot. Do you think he's gay? :unsure:

The gay manager at the local Mickey D's has hooked me up with an extra Big Mac a few times when I went through the drive-thru and ordered a number 1.

I place my money on yes.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Speaking of which, that stereotype poster YJ posted in another thread would be fitting. :P

There is no irony, no humor--just blatant racism. Maybe it's funny to you and your non-black friends sitting outside on the back porch drinking beer, but to those of us that have an ounce of cultural awareness--not funny. I learned years ago that even when said in the most unserious, joking manner that this is still offensive to black Americans. Not cool.

Ronald McDonald funds my trailer payments. And he pays me under the table for those under the table deeds.

So what you're saying is...you like to order a Big Mac Daddy with an extra squirt or two of the "special sauce"? :unsure:

There is no irony, no humor--just blatant racism. Maybe it's funny to you and your non-black friends sitting outside on the back porch drinking beer, but to those of us that have an ounce of cultural awareness--not funny. I learned years ago that even when said in the most unserious, joking manner that this is still offensive to black Americans. Not cool.

:chillpill: Its the internet. besides Racism is a two sided street.