Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Ford speaks Fusion in new ad campaign

22 posts in this topic

fordwespeak_opt.jpg

Despite the recession, tumbling auto sales and an uncertain future, good cars are still being made. The 2010 Ford Fusion is one example. The Fusion Sport just spent a week in the Autoblog Garage and we're in the midst of reviewing the rest of the lineup, as well.

Whether it's from a domestic or import, good product needs to be talked about during these troubled times, because it's one thing that can get people back into show rooms and buying again. Ford has launched a new ad campaign to get people talking about the 2010 Fusion that kicks off with three commercials you may or may not have seen on TV yet. The "We Speak" commercials are fairly simple in execution, show a lot of the car and two out of the three spots hit home the message that the Fusion is the most fuel efficient mid-size vehicle sold in the U.S. You may say yay or nay on how effective the commercials will be, but we're talking about them, right? Follow the jump to view all three for yourself and let us know what you have to say in the comments.

Autoblog

Wow, a domestic company is advertising desirable features and specs instead of "$6,000 OFF!"

I really like these new ads...the style and design, the music and the dialogue.

I also how it doesn't scream desperation, but how they're better than their competitors and why (basically what Satty said).

Ford is getting an A+ on just about everything these days. Fusion? A+ Fusion Hybrid? A+ Taurus? A+ Taurus SHO? A++ Fantastic advertising of their great new products? So far, A+

I actually have some faith in Ford.

It's a crying shame I can't say the same thing for General Moron -- er -- Motors.

Yeah whoever they hired to put these ads together I would keep them on speed dial for future ads.

Also they're improving the Escape/Mariner this year too.

I wonder if they intentionally poke fun at Pontiac a little when they say "We speak car. Sure, but do we speak hybrid? Yes."

And the new F-150, and the 2010 Mustang, and the Transit.

Ford is making GM look like a bunch of retarded kids playing dodgeball.

Ford seems to be in a good position for when the market picks up again... I'm really looking forward to seeing the '10 Mustang, Fusion, and Taurus in person, and the Fiesta eventually.

Forgot about the Fiesta. That thing is going to dominate the segment. A segment GM doesn't seriously play in.

Fiesta is at the top of my list for a small car.

I wonder what Ford is going to do with Lincoln once they have all of their meat-and-potatoes models squared away? :scratchchin:

I don't know, but if they put the same attention to them as they have been to Ford products, it should be very interesting.

I wonder what Ford is going to do with Lincoln once they have all of their meat-and-potatoes models squared away? :scratchchin:

Well, most Lincoln models are very new or recent---MKZ, MKS, MKX, MKT...the Town Car is on it's way out, and I assume the Navigator will stick around.

Forgot about the Fiesta. That thing is going to dominate the segment. A segment GM doesn't seriously play in.

Yea, the Fiesta should blow the Aveo and Versa out of the water, should do well against the Fit.

Edited by moltar

I think the Fit is the only car that will give the Fiesta a run for it's money, and the Polo if it comes here.

I think the Fit is the only car that will give the Fiesta a run for it's money, and the Polo if it comes here.

Agreed...saw some pics of the new Polo today, looks like it will be a decent product. Who knows if Chrysler will get anything in this segment, hasn't there been talk for ages about something w/ Hyundai, then a Chinese company (Chery?), then Nissan...

Of course, if the Fiat/Chrysler hookup occurs, maybe some interesting small Fiats will make it here..

Edited by moltar

I think the Firt is the only car that will give the Fiesta a run for it's money, and the Polo if it comes here.

I love the Firt. It's my favorite. :P

Firt iz goe!!!

I just Firted.

I'm Firting right now.

I like the Fart myself...I bet it's a blast!

I assume they're taking care of #1 and then they'll focus on lower volume Lincoln and bringing up the standards.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room