Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

For those that aren't REALLY into Buicks...

Camino LS6

What are some of your favorite models over the years?

You know, the ones that made you stop and think " maybe I could see myself in a Buick".

For me a few of them are:

The Blackhawk concept (my favorite Buick ever).

The GN/GNX/ T-Types of the late 80s (duh)

Certain Sportwagon models

1964 ish Rivieras

The '71 Riviera

Certain Wildcats

Any G body Regal 81 and up

a mid-60s Skylark convertible

61-62 LeSabre/Invicta hardtop/vert

I could be coaxed into the new LaCrosse, depending if it's in my means

thread title For those that aren't REALLY into Buicks...

Guess Buick fans can't play :angry2:

Sorry, I was just looking for the standouts that would catch the eye of the non Buick faithful.

Pick such a standout, and post it up if you like.

Especially if you have a good pic to share.

Didn't mean for this to come across as exclusionary.

The GN/GNX/ T-Types of the late 80s (duh)

Certain Sportwagon models

The '71 Riviera

Certain Wildcats

Edited for my prefs... but you need to add the '68-'72 GS stage 1... especially the 455 '70 in yellow and black.

I also like the 90's Rivs... even though they power the wrong wheels.

Edited for my prefs... but you need to add the '68-'72 GS stage 1... especially the 455 '70 in yellow and black.

I also like the 90's Rivs... even though they power the wrong wheels.

The 68-72 Buick A-bodies just never did it for me, I do respect them but they run dead last in my order of brand preference in 68-72 GM A-bodies.

I really prefer Buicks that define the brand better: unabashed yachts like the '71 Riv, or Turboed V6 stormers like the GN family. To me, both of those represent a clear Buick bloodline. The GS/GSX cars were a bit too much of a "me too" thing from my perspective. I'd take a Chevelle SS, Olds 442, or GTO over the Buick version any day.

i feel like buick has been more neutered design-wise for a longer time than Pontiac, and thus Buick has a longer hill to climb in perception and acceptance. pontiac has lacked any consistency whatsoever, but as many big misses they've had, they've also had some pretty nice rides [strictly speaking of the last two decades].

1952-53 Skylark is one of the best American cars ever made and my all time favorite Buick.

The 1963-1965 Riviera The best styled car of the 60's.

As for the rest of the Buicks I have a lot of miles in many different years and models as they were the choice in my family growing up for years. One Chevy and One Buick per year.

Many were the old Duce and a Quarter Electras and many Lesabres.

For some reason my Dads 1978 Lesabre sticks out to me. It was a gray and silver color and just was a tasteful car in a time and I learned to drive in it. Nothing special but just a nice car. I always wished it was a T type.

One of my all time cars I hated, we had was the 1976 Regal 4 door. The styling was a mess and the quality only lower.

Ahhhhh....YES!

Those Rivieras ... along with:

'76/'77 Buick Regals

'95+ Riviera

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Event = 04/04/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Time slips away" ... Bruce Springsteen ... 'Glory Days'

• 2 weeks later...